Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sakura
Sakura

Female
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA - Page 2 EmptyTue 10 Jul 2012, 3:16 am

First topic message reminder :

Just wondering if anyone has had or is having their surgery done by Dr Werapitiya?

What are your thoughts/experiences/opinions if so!

Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA - Page 2 618285

Sakura Xxx
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Shazza

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2013-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA - Page 2 EmptyThu 15 Aug 2013, 12:54 am

sassyjane wrote:
Hi I don't know medibank and what they cover,you will need to get the reference number that the surgeon uses for claims,Dr Ws office will give that to you and then just check that medibank cover it all for you,if they do you wouldn't have to wait another year.i hadn't been in a health fund for years so had to wait the whole year but starting getting the ball rolling at about six months.
Keep in touch and let us know how you go.
 Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA - Page 2 542174  Will do ! Thanks :)
Back to top Go down
sassyjane
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2012-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Aug 2013, 1:54 pm

Hi I don't know medibank and what they cover,you will need to get the reference number that the surgeon uses for claims,Dr Ws office will give that to you and then just check that medibank cover it all for you,if they do you wouldn't have to wait another year.i hadn't been in a health fund for years so had to wait the whole year but starting getting the ball rolling at about six months.
Keep in touch and let us know how you go.
Back to top Go down
Shazza

Female

PostSubject: Hi sassyjane , thanks again for the info re private health. We joined medibank a year ago, so does that mean I'm good to go, or do you need to wait another year? Sorry for the confusion! Lol   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Aug 2013, 1:37 pm

sassyjane wrote:
Hi , I thought I went through pretty quick and I had joined hbf the November the year before as I knew what I wanted to do,hbf has a years wait to qualify,so it's a good idea to get the ball rolling at about the six month mark,once you start your appointments and checkups etc that last six months goes so fast. Stay positive and do write down all the questions you want to ask Dr W so you don't miss anything as there is nothing worse than just getting out the door and saying dam I forgot to ask this and that,Dr W is quick witted with a dry humour and I was very at ease with him,he is very professional but is not full of himself like many surgeons of any kind are.
Back to top Go down
sassyjane
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Aug 2013, 1:32 pm

Hi , I thought I went through pretty quick and I had joined hbf the November the year before as I knew what I wanted to do,hbf has a years wait to qualify,so it's a good idea to get the ball rolling at about the six month mark,once you start your appointments and checkups etc that last six months goes so fast. Stay positive and do write down all the questions you want to ask Dr W so you don't miss anything as there is nothing worse than just getting out the door and saying dam I forgot to ask this and that,Dr W is quick witted with a dry humour and I was very at ease with him,he is very professional but is not full of himself like many surgeons of any kind are.
Back to top Go down
Shazza

Female

PostSubject: Thanks for that info sassyjane :). I must say, that I wasn't expecting it to take 5-6 months, so I'm glad I asked! Thanks for your good wishes, and will keep you updated   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Aug 2013, 12:26 pm

sassyjane wrote:
Hi Shazza. i had to join HBF for a year which went very fast.My first app was in July some time and then i had the second one at the end of October and he booked me in for the surgery then for the 13 th Dec but he has got a lot busier so i dont know what his wait list is like now. I travelled over from Albany,had the surgery on the Thursday and came back home on the Sunday.I did go as a private patient and is the way you have to go.
Good luck and keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
sassyjane
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Aug 2013, 10:23 am

Hi Shazza. i had to join HBF for a year which went very fast.My first app was in July some time and then i had the second one at the end of October and he booked me in for the surgery then for the 13 th Dec but he has got a lot busier so i dont know what his wait list is like now. I travelled over from Albany,had the surgery on the Thursday and came back home on the Sunday.I did go as a private patient and is the way you have to go.
Good luck and keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
Shazza

Female

PostSubject: Hi sassy jade :). Thank you for your positive comments! I was wondering roughly how long it takes from first consultation to op date if you have private health? Thanks again!   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Aug 2013, 10:18 am

sassyjane wrote:
Hi Shazza, another of Dr Ws patients here.I had my op mid December last year and had no problems at all,i recovered fast and very well.Just have a list of questions down that you want to ask the Doc as he is quick,that way you wont forget.Try to stay postive and determined in your mind as it is such a big help and it got me through with flying colours. I would not hesitate if i even had to do it again,they are a great team at sjog in Bunbury and i am 58 years old. I did not have a real high bmi,high but not over the top but i had other health issues,and this is the best way to get on top of other health issues and also before any other problems start to arise which they will eventually.
You will do fine and chat away to as many as you can on this site,we are all here to encourage and help each other with our experiences and doubts,doubts are normal with any surgery so dont worry.
Back to top Go down
sassyjane
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Aug 2013, 7:51 am

Hi Shazza, another of Dr Ws patients here.I had my op mid December last year and had no problems at all,i recovered fast and very well.Just have a list of questions down that you want to ask the Doc as he is quick,that way you wont forget.Try to stay postive and determined in your mind as it is such a big help and it got me through with flying colours. I would not hesitate if i even had to do it again,they are a great team at sjog in Bunbury and i am 58 years old. I did not have a real high bmi,high but not over the top but i had other health issues,and this is the best way to get on top of other health issues and also before any other problems start to arise which they will eventually.
You will do fine and chat away to as many as you can on this site,we are all here to encourage and help each other with our experiences and doubts,doubts are normal with any surgery so dont worry.
Back to top Go down
Shazza

Female

PostSubject: Hi btgirl :) Thanks for your comment, and glad to hear that all went well for you. How have things gone these past 7 weeks? Would love to chat , as I have so many questions! Thanks again for taking the time to reply    Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Aug 2013, 7:41 am

Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA - Page 2 618285 Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA - Page 2 618285 
btgirl wrote:
Hi Shazza, it's normal to have doughts prior to sleeving we have all had them. Dr W is great, he was my surgeon, I am 52 and was sleeved 7 weeks tomorrow, my Bmi was higher than yours, all your health issues will be taken into account. Good luck with your appointment.
Love Btgirl
Back to top Go down
btgirl
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 874
Registration date : 2012-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Aug 2013, 5:50 am

Hi Shazza, it's normal to have doughts prior to sleeving we have all had them. Dr W is great, he was my surgeon, I am 52 and was sleeved 7 weeks tomorrow, my Bmi was higher than yours, all your health issues will be taken into account. Good luck with your appointment.
Love Btgirl
Back to top Go down
Shazza

Female

PostSubject: I'm a newbie !!   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Aug 2013, 4:25 am

Hi all Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA - Page 2 65317 

Still learning to navigate this site! Lol. It seems I will be able to access so much information and support on here, which is just what I need!
I will be seeing Dr W in bunbury in October for my first consultation, and now I'm getting nervous and over thinking things and doubting! I'm guessing this is all normal though.
My BMI is not very high, but my gp feels that with all my health related issues, eg heart, diabetes, high cholesterol, BP and depression, that the sleeve is a good option for me. I am over 50 and have yoyo dieted for many years, only to put it back on! Has anyone else on here, been in the same situation as me, with a BMI of 31? Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
kassamac

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-07-31

PostSubject: Dr Werapitiya   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA - Page 2 EmptyWed 31 Jul 2013, 5:22 pm

I had Dr Werapitiya perfom an aperation and he is a brilliant sugeon.  Dr Werapitiya is very profession and stands by his Hippocratic in every way.  He couldn't have choose a better anaesthetist either.  Dr Charles was the anaesthetist. They were both kind and gentle. Dr Charles (I cant's remember his  surname?  was a wonderful anaesthetist who was on to everything and was very thorough and knew his stuff. I can highly recommend them as they were the best :)
Back to top Go down
kassamac

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA - Page 2 EmptyWed 31 Jul 2013, 5:16 pm

sassyjane wrote:
Hi Jasmellea, i was sleeved by Dr  W mid December last year. I found him great,very professional and the team that work with him at sjog are fantastic. I travelled over from Albany to have to op on a Thursday and came back home on the Sunday.Hardly any pain at all and a fast recovery and i am not that young either. I had no wind pain,only reflux a couple of times and have never vomited so i am so thrilled with it all. Dr W's dietician will work with you and she is at the hospital and part of his team. I dont see one here in Albany any more and will just say we wont go there ugh, i can ring the one in Bunbury if i have any questions and she has been more than helpful,he name is Lisa Moore and her number is 08 97221654 but she will come to see you in hospital to have a chat and give you some great information. They all work as a great team in sjog and are all so happy to help you and give you the best care,you only need ask and they are there for you,i cant speak highly enough of them. I also had Dr Lim to knock me out,makes you feel very much at eases and he is a crack up and had me laughing while waiting to go into OR.Once the dietician has seen you in hospital you need to folow the guidlines that are set out for you as it is all worked through Dr W's requests,follow all that which i did and you will not have nay problems. Most who step off the track of guidelines they are given to follow are the ones who get pains and other related problems,but none of us are perfect and some try to push the boundaries a little further.You will be fine and are in good hands,good luck.

Last edited by kassamac on Wed 31 Jul 2013, 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sassyjane
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA - Page 2 EmptyWed 22 May 2013, 1:21 am

Hi Jasmellea, i was sleeved by Dr W mid December last year. I found him great,very professional and the team that work with him at sjog are fantastic. I travelled over from Albany to have to op on a Thursday and came back home on the Sunday.Hardly any pain at all and a fast recovery and i am not that young either. I had no wind pain,only reflux a couple of times and have never vomited so i am so thrilled with it all. Dr W's dietician will work with you and she is at the hospital and part of his team. I dont see one here in Albany any more and will just say we wont go there ugh, i can ring the one in Bunbury if i have any questions and she has been more than helpful,he name is Lisa Moore and her number is 08 97221654 but she will come to see you in hospital to have a chat and give you some great information. They all work as a great team in sjog and are all so happy to help you and give you the best care,you only need ask and they are there for you,i cant speak highly enough of them. I also had Dr Lim to knock me out,makes you feel very much at eases and he is a crack up and had me laughing while waiting to go into OR.Once the dietician has seen you in hospital you need to folow the guidlines that are set out for you as it is all worked through Dr W's requests,follow all that which i did and you will not have nay problems. Most who step off the track of guidelines they are given to follow are the ones who get pains and other related problems,but none of us are perfect and some try to push the boundaries a little further.You will be fine and are in good hands,good luck.
Back to top Go down
Chelsea.88
Chelsea.88

Female
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 May 2013, 7:04 pm

Hi Jasmellea, I was sleeved 10th jan this year. And have lost 30kg already. Dr Werapitiya is a great doctor and a awesome guy in general. Can't speak higher of him. He has sleeved myself. My mum, a colleague at my work and soon one of my closest friends. You will be just fine. Like everyone else has said, him and the theatre team are amazing. Dr. Lim was my anaesthetist. He was pretty straight forward with everything. From what i would before going to sleep and how I would go to sleep. What I would feel like when I woke up. Lucky for me I woke up with no pain at all, and I'm not just saying that -- literally no pain. Both seneraths and Wilson came and saw me in recovery cause I was quite emotional going into theatre. But everything went super fantabulous! Hope you are getting super excited. It with be your day before you know it!!

And I heard his theatre fee had gone up. Must be a good reason for it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/chelio.c88
Jasmellea

Female
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2012-10-03

PostSubject: dietician   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 May 2013, 3:31 pm

I am also hoping to get the sleeve done by Dr Werapitiya. Is there a particular dietician he sends you to? I have waited almost 4 months since I sent in my refereal with another 3 weeks until my appointment he is apparently very busy. At least the wait has given me time to consider my decisions and to do more research and be diagnosed with sleep apnoea. I have rung and asked the receptionist if I should see a dietician before the appointment (as there was so long a wait) but was told that it was not necessary. But I see that some of the other people that have seen him for their first appointment and then been told to see a dietician then come back. It would be nice to know the dietician he recommends to be sure I am receiving the information he is used to his patients getting and not wasting my time seeing a dietician who is not upto date with weight loss surgery.

Also his current out of pocket expenses as of 1/4/13 is almost $2300 with HBF covering the rest for me.
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Mar 2013, 7:19 am

Hi Rosemary,

I had my surgery done by Dr W in August, 2011 and he was great. I had a few complications at the start, but he was straight onto them and the staff were wonderful too.

Check out my diary if you want to see what it was like for me back at the start.
Back to top Go down
sassyjane
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Mar 2013, 5:55 am

Hi, Dr W has quite a few patients,up and coming for surgery and many older ones also,you will no doubt come across them on this site. I cannot praise them highly enough in sjog and his team is great.Just make sure you follow Dr Ws instructions by the book and you wont have any problems,he is exteremly carfeful about your aftercare and the stages you go through,this is to protect you and for you own well being,i followed his orders exactly and did not have one problem,surgery was done on the Thursday and i came back to Albany on the Sunday.Just ask away if you want any more info as there are plenty on here to give advice for before and after.
Back to top Go down
getstuck
Part of the furniture
getstuck

Female
Number of posts : 478
Registration date : 2013-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Mar 2013, 5:47 am

if you go into the my diary section you can read everyones diary and it really helps and gives you pleanty of knowledge of whats ahead
Back to top Go down
Rosemaryws

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-03-09

PostSubject: New on here    Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Mar 2013, 5:45 am

I am having mine in less than two weeks time and would love someone that knows what it is like after surgery to share there story with me .
Back to top Go down
sassyjane
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Mar 2013, 5:41 am

Hi Rosemary, i live in Albany and was sleeved by Dr W on the 13 th Dec last year.Dont be nervous you are doing the best thing for your health. They are fantastic in sjog and are a really great team to help you along,any questions just ask them as they know all the answers to help you.I breezed through it all with no problems at all and hardly any pain,was worth the drive over to Bunbury from Albany.They give you great care and are always there for you.Hope i have put your mind at ease as there is nothing to worry about,the main thing is to stay positive about it all which is a great help.Is Dr Lim your knock out man ? he is so funny and will just crack you up.All the best to the new you.
Back to top Go down
getstuck
Part of the furniture
getstuck

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Mar 2013, 5:39 am

Rosemaryws wrote:
I am having my in 11 days on the 9th of april and I am very nervous !!!

hello Rosemaryws

you will do fine just do everything he says to do , i wish mine was in 11 days haha
Back to top Go down
Rosemaryws

Female

PostSubject: New in here .   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Mar 2013, 5:37 am

Hello I was just wondering if there is anyone on here who has just had or is about to have a sleep done >>
Back to top Go down
Rosemaryws

Female

PostSubject: date for sleeve   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Mar 2013, 5:35 am

I am having my in 11 days on the 9th of april and I am very nervous !!!
Back to top Go down
getstuck
Part of the furniture
getstuck

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Mar 2013, 5:32 am

Rosemaryws wrote:
How did your surgery go in jan ? I have my date for the 9th of april. I am sooo nervous .

im getting mine done on may 16

he seems nice enough and was lovely to my mum when she come in with me

how long do you have to do opti for ?
Back to top Go down
Rosemaryws

Female

PostSubject: Answer    Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Mar 2013, 5:19 am

How did your surgery go in jan ? I have my date for the 9th of april. I am sooo nervous .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next