24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kenpri50

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2017-02-10

Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA Empty
PostSubject: South West Facebook Page   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA EmptyFri 10 Feb 2017, 3:19 am

Hi all.
I am new to all this and have my first appointment with Dr Werapiyiya in March.
Can somebody:

1. Tell me how to access the SouthWest Facebook page.
  2. Give me any tips as to anything to do before the first appointment.
Back to top Go down
sarbear
sarbear

Female
Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA EmptyThu 17 Nov 2016, 6:17 am

Hi guys can I join the southwest facebook page please
Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA 725676
Back to top Go down
Lizzz

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-10-11

PostSubject: Add me please?   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA EmptyTue 11 Oct 2016, 6:33 am

Can someone please add me to the southwest FB sleeve page? I have 2nd appt with dr Werapitya tomorrow and I just want to join a group of people who've been there for advice etc?
Back to top Go down
leeta

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2016-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA EmptyTue 31 May 2016, 11:50 pm

kexster 😉. All done - thank you x
Back to top Go down
leeta

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA EmptyTue 31 May 2016, 11:48 pm

Thanks Kexsta - will do now!
Back to top Go down
kexster

Female
Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2012-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA EmptyTue 31 May 2016, 11:44 pm

Leeta  there are a couple of people who have just joined the secret SW  Facebook group who are just starting their journey with Dr W..  Send me a message on facebook ( kexkez - profile pic is a gargoyle) if you want to join so you can ask there as well.
Back to top Go down
leeta

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA EmptyTue 31 May 2016, 11:08 pm

Hey all,
Has anyone had any experience with Dr Werapitiya recently? I finally decided enough was enough and have a referral from my very encouraging and supportive GP - who also btw couldn't rate Dr W high enough 😉. I need to call today to make an appointment, but I'm just wondering about wait times for an appointment to see him and surgery. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
kexster

Female
Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2012-11-13

PostSubject: Hi   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA EmptyFri 13 Nov 2015, 9:23 pm

hi Casey I've send you a pm.

And yes re my info below. I'm still waiting. Review appointment in February. Blah.    Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA 68366Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA 68366Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA 68366Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA 68366Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA 68366
Back to top Go down
Casey1611

Female
Registration date : 2015-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA EmptyFri 09 Oct 2015, 3:25 pm

I trying to get ahold of the admin for the local gastric support page on Facebook. It's a secret group, I got the name of the group and the name of a lady I needed to private message to request access from the Dietician at St. John of God Bunbury. If somebody can help me that would be great. Thanks :)
Back to top Go down
Carolinjoy78

Female
Registration date : 2014-09-22

PostSubject: Op date   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA EmptyMon 22 Sep 2014, 8:31 pm

Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA 487524 Hello Hello all hello all it's been 12months since and removed and I have been given the go ahead to have a gastric sleeve.wow 3 weeks on shakes alone, would love some people feedback on post op recovery and diet
Back to top Go down
Shazza

Female
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2013-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA EmptyFri 11 Oct 2013, 3:15 am

Update!
Had my app on the 9th - Dr W will do the op, on condition that I see physician (mon week), to assess if I am healthy enough to have the op, and also to ascertain if it's safe to do the op in Bunbury 😁
See Dr W again on 28 oct for the verdict - Eeek !
The waiting and wondering is so hard!
Back to top Go down
SezJH

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2013-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA EmptyFri 11 Oct 2013, 2:52 am

I had a band in and out by Dr W., he was caring and professional. I've waited on the sleeve a couple of years, but I hope to be luckier than with the band. I am confident the last problems were not anything Dr W did and felt he managed me appropriately.
Back to top Go down
sassyjane
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2012-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA EmptyWed 21 Aug 2013, 9:28 am

Hi Shazza, go to the bottom of the post I put on and there is a small rectangle box with PM click on that and that will take you through.
Back to top Go down
Shazza

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA EmptyWed 21 Aug 2013, 9:18 am

btgirl wrote:
Hi Shazza, if you go to the last post that the person you want PM posted, down under their post is a box that has PM in it, click on that and it will take you to the right place.
Love Btgirl
Many thanks Btgirl - found! 😀 Pm'd you 😜
Back to top Go down
btgirl
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 874
Registration date : 2012-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA EmptyWed 21 Aug 2013, 4:53 am

Hi Shazza, if you go to the last post that the person you want PM posted, down under their post is a box that has PM in it, click on that and it will take you to the right place.
Love Btgirl
Back to top Go down
Shazza

Female

PostSubject: Sassyjane, how do I pm ? Lol   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA EmptyWed 21 Aug 2013, 1:46 am

Shazza wrote:
sassyjane wrote:
Hi Shazza, Dr W does not do too many things before you are admitted,it will depend on how high your bmi is and how much weight you have to lose wether you have to do optifast for any length of time before the surgery.As i live in Albany i had a pre op consult over the phone which is pretty much run off the information form for admittance that you have to fill out,on the morning of being admitted i only had to do a urine sample for them.After the Op is done and on the next day they will take blood from you to check all your levels are good in your blood. I did not have to do any optifast but i just did it for three days prior myself to clear the stomach out a bit. If you want to know any more details about Dr W please dont hesitate to ask away and you can PM if you like.
Back to top Go down
Shazza

Female

PostSubject: Hey Jasmellea 😄, which dietician did you see? Would like to make an appointment . Thanks!    Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA EmptyTue 20 Aug 2013, 1:04 am

Shazza wrote:
Jasmellea wrote:
I was sleeved by dr wera on 8th augest. I had my first appointment late june. I saw the dietician before I saw dr wera because I was sick of waiting for the first appointmnet. Because I saw the dietician first I didnt have to have a second appointment. I had to wait until augest because of work. There were earlier appointments if I had wanted. Beware when paying you upfront fee be aware of any limits on daily spending on epos/credit cards. I had to pay with 2 different cards be ause one had a $1000 daily limit.
Back to top Go down
Shazza

Female

PostSubject: Hi Jasmellea 😀 thanks for giving me the idea to see dietician while I wait for my app on 9 oct - makes perfect sense! Good tip for payment too, thank you! How are you doing and feeling? My messages keep getting cut off....is there a limit ?   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA EmptyMon 19 Aug 2013, 2:46 pm

Jasmellea wrote:
I was sleeved by dr wera on 8th augest. I had my first appointment late june. I saw the dietician before I saw dr wera because I was sick of waiting for the first appointmnet. Because I saw the dietician first I didnt have to have a second appointment. I had to wait until augest because of work. There were earlier appointments if I had wanted. Beware when paying you upfront fee be aware of any limits on daily spending on epos/credit cards. I had to pay with 2 different cards be ause one had a $1000 daily limit.
Back to top Go down
Shazza

Female

PostSubject: Hi Megsy 😊 your info has been really helpful - thank you! I have my appointment for the 9 October, so will be counting down the weeks ! My PHI has been in force for over 1 year, so hopefully all will go smoothly .Not long for you now-please keep i   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA EmptyMon 19 Aug 2013, 2:41 pm

Megzy04 wrote:
Hi Shazza,
Im getting sleeved by Dr W next month. I also had to wait for my PHI to kick in. My advice would be to make an appointment as soon as you get a referral. I made my 1st appointment to see him in July this year back in October last year. Once you see him initially he sends you off with the info and to see his dietician. I saw Lisa at the hospital and she was lovely, it takes around an hour to see them.
The next appointment is for him to make sure you are 100% for the surgery, he will book you in and you will have to pay the $2300 fee. I am on Opti for just under 4 weeks, I have to do 2 replacements a day and a small meal at night, My BMI is alot higher than yours and I have alot more to lose, it shrinks the liver which makes it easier to operate. My sister had the surgery done and didnt have to do Opti as she didnt have as much to lose. Besides that I didnt get sent for any tests beforehand so am now counting down the days! How long until you are going to see him??
Back to top Go down
Jasmellea

Female
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2012-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA EmptyMon 19 Aug 2013, 12:42 pm

Back to top Go down
Megzy04
Megzy04

Female
Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2013-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA EmptyMon 19 Aug 2013, 12:22 pm

Hi Shazza,
Im getting sleeved by Dr W next month. I also had to wait for my PHI to kick in. My advice would be to make an appointment as soon as you get a referral. I made my 1st appointment to see him in July this year back in October last year. Once you see him initially he sends you off with the info and to see his dietician. I saw Lisa at the hospital and she was lovely, it takes around an hour to see them.
The next appointment is for him to make sure you are 100% for the surgery, he will book you in and you will have to pay the $2300 fee. I am on Opti for just under 4 weeks, I have to do 2 replacements a day and a small meal at night, My BMI is alot higher than yours and I have alot more to lose, it shrinks the liver which makes it easier to operate. My sister had the surgery done and didnt have to do Opti as she didnt have as much to lose. Besides that I didnt get sent for any tests beforehand so am now counting down the days! How long until you are going to see him??
Back to top Go down
Shazza

Female

PostSubject: Thank you so much for that info sassyjane 😃 Very pleased to read that it's unlikely that I will need lots of tests! It seems that some other surgeons order a heap!! I wouldn't be surprised however, if I do need more than usual, due to my heart/dia   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA EmptyMon 19 Aug 2013, 11:48 am

sassyjane wrote:
Hi Shazza, Dr W does not do too many things before you are admitted,it will depend on how high your bmi is and how much weight you have to lose wether you have to do optifast for any length of time before the surgery.As i live in Albany i had a pre op consult over the phone which is pretty much run off the information form for admittance that you have to fill out,on the morning of being admitted i only had to do a urine sample for them.After the Op is done and on the next day they will take blood from you to check all your levels are good in your blood. I did not have to do any optifast but i just did it for three days prior myself to clear the stomach out a bit. If you want to know any more details about Dr W please dont hesitate to ask away and you can PM if you like.
Back to top Go down
sassyjane
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2012-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA EmptyMon 19 Aug 2013, 4:23 am

Back to top Go down
Shazza

Female

PostSubject: Hi everyone 😃. Just wondering what pre-op testing Dr W does, if any? Thanks in advance!   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA EmptyMon 19 Aug 2013, 2:06 am

Shazza wrote:
sassyjane wrote:
Hi I don't know medibank and what they cover,you will need to get the reference number that the surgeon uses for claims,Dr Ws office will give that to you and then just check that medibank cover it all for you,if they do you wouldn't have to wait another year.i hadn't been in a health fund for years so had to wait the whole year but starting getting the ball rolling at about six months.
Keep in touch and let us know how you go.
 Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA 542174  Will do ! Thanks :)
Back to top Go down
Shazza

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA EmptyThu 15 Aug 2013, 12:54 am

sassyjane wrote:
Hi I don't know medibank and what they cover,you will need to get the reference number that the surgeon uses for claims,Dr Ws office will give that to you and then just check that medibank cover it all for you,if they do you wouldn't have to wait another year.i hadn't been in a health fund for years so had to wait the whole year but starting getting the ball rolling at about six months.
Keep in touch and let us know how you go.
 Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA 542174  Will do ! Thanks :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA   Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA Empty

Back to top Go down

Dr Senarath Werapitiya - Bunbury, WA
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next