6 posters
AuthorMessage
sassyjane
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2012-11-04

bunbury surgeon Empty
PostSubject: Re: bunbury surgeon   bunbury surgeon EmptyFri 03 May 2013, 6:19 am

Hi shaksnmatts, please dont be disheartened by the upset,just such a shame. I live in Albany and was done by Dr W in Dec last year no one does the sleeve procedure in Albany,so i guess they have to draw the line somewhere but is sad when you have made up your mind and want to get this done. I have never had any trouble with his reception staff they have always been super helpful and friendly so you may have just got her on a bad or busy day.Is there no one at Mandurah hospital doing the procedures ? I gather your doctor did not know Dr W only does further South ? it is bad when they are not well informed of the areas that comply in their boundaries.Keep plodding on it will be worth it in the end and i hope you get to see your doctor easily and see who he can recommend you to that is suitable for where you live.Good luck and dont give up.We all have these little trials put to us but it works out in the end.
Back to top Go down
shaksnmatts
shaksnmatts

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2013-04-08

bunbury surgeon Empty
PostSubject: Dr werapitiya   bunbury surgeon EmptyFri 03 May 2013, 5:11 am

I finally after waiting so long went to my doc and got a referal to see DR W, I sent the referral of to the him. Unfortunately strait away i was denied by the receptionist, because im not in there district, Im so so upset as i had it set in my mind that he was going to be my surgeon.
They denied me because i live in mandurah and they only serve the south west (south of mandurah).
Not only that but the receptionist was so rude.
Now i have to make another appointment with my doctor, which take 1 month just to get a referal.
Nothing seems to be going right, and having depression, anxiety, social phobia and BPD im starting to lose any inch of enthusiasm i had to get this done in the first place.
Today had been one of the worst...
Back to top Go down
sassyjane
Part of the furniture

Female

bunbury surgeon Empty
PostSubject: Re: bunbury surgeon   bunbury surgeon EmptyFri 26 Apr 2013, 6:03 am

Hi Kirby, wow just over 10 kgs on opti that is really great for you and i am sure Dr W will be pleased with you. The best part in my loss is being able to walk where ever i want to now,due to the weight i had my foot after surgery for PF ,was taking ages to heal up,it has been amazing to have it heal now,before i used to only park as close as i could to where i needed to go and that was it,now i can park and walk to what i want and i am enjoying it too.I bought one of the fitbit's which tracks everything right down to your sleep and even with out doing any planned exercise i am doing close to 6 kms a day . I still get very tired in the afternoon which i suspect is from me being a real bad sleeper but i am working on that,had roller shutters fitted to my bedroom to darken it right out and have started to take Melatonin tablets to get my sleep rhythm back,i was a bad sleeper before i had the sleeve done so that is not the cause,it is just me.Next best thing is being able to by normal sized clothes and have a choice,it is a great feeling,my wardrobe has been cleaned out twice lol. They key is to stay motivated and positive about what you are doing,it seems to be a big help,some do have higher hurdles to jump as we are not all the same ,and it can take many longer to get over it all,but persistence pays off and we all get to that good spot at the end,some hit speed bumps but in the end most are very happy with what they have done. At least you dont have quite as far to go as i did,it was still very much worth it though and i wish i had it does years ago.Keep it up you are doing great.
Back to top Go down
getstuck
Part of the furniture
getstuck

Female
Number of posts : 478
Registration date : 2013-03-12

bunbury surgeon Empty
PostSubject: Re: bunbury surgeon   bunbury surgeon EmptyFri 26 Apr 2013, 2:11 am

Hi sassy

Your doing great , how much has your life changed ?

The days are ticking by

I've now lost 10.1 kg
Back to top Go down
sassyjane
Part of the furniture

Female

bunbury surgeon Empty
PostSubject: Re: bunbury surgeon   bunbury surgeon EmptyThu 25 Apr 2013, 2:06 pm

Hi Kirby, I really liked, Dr W and once you are aware of his dry humour i found him great. My fee was the same as yours so that's one good thing it has not gone up, I had to join hbf for a year which went really fast and I had top cover and did not have to pay any more costs for anything which was great. I am now down 18 kgs so I am just so pleased and feel heaps better for it too. Won't be long and you too wil be on the way to losing your weight and feeling better.Great staff and all very caring in sjog so you are in good hands. I did not have to do opti,but i think he goes by your weight and bmi at the time,but I did it for a couple of days before any way. I am so glad you have a great positive mind and outlook to your surgery which I think is one of the best ways to go about it. Not long now,and it will be over before you know it.
Back to top Go down
getstuck
Part of the furniture
getstuck

Female
Number of posts : 478
Registration date : 2013-03-12

bunbury surgeon Empty
PostSubject: Re: bunbury surgeon   bunbury surgeon EmptyThu 25 Apr 2013, 11:38 am

Hello

I'm being sleeved by dr werapitiya on may 16
I had to get a referral from my doc
I'm with HBF singles savers with hospital cover and I am fully covered
I had to pay dr w a $1600 surgeon fee and I have yet to take it o Medicare to see what I get back, also HBF said once Medicare has paid to submitt it to them and I may still get a it more back frm them

He is a very good surgeon but can seem distant in the appt he has a dry spence of humor

I'm not too sure what my BMi is but I' was 115 kg when I first went to see him and he was ok with that , but during my 12 myths waits period for my phi to kick in I Putin weight so I was 136.6 when I wen to see him am now paying for it as he made me do 6 weeks of opti
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

bunbury surgeon Empty
PostSubject: Re: bunbury surgeon   bunbury surgeon EmptyThu 25 Apr 2013, 11:24 am

I was sleeved by the bunbury surgeon, dr werapitiya.

My BMI was 40 something pre-op, but I do know people that have been turned down by him having a lower BMI.

Yes you will need a referral. Even post op I still have to get a new referral every 12 months just forbade check up.

I was (and still am) with hbf, pretty much my entire surgery & sleep doctor was covered, I just had to pay the surgeons fee, which at the time was $1,300. I'm pretty sure it's gone up to around $1,600.

You'll get part of that back from Medicare though (I got about $500 back).

I had a rough start, but overall have had a good experience and would recommend him.
Back to top Go down
curiousnewbie

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2013-04-25

bunbury surgeon Empty
PostSubject: Re: bunbury surgeon   bunbury surgeon EmptyThu 25 Apr 2013, 11:01 am

Thanks..I have just hears from some people if your bmi is on the lower end of the scale.you need to have a medical condition to be covered with private insurance
Back to top Go down
allaboutme
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2013-01-27

bunbury surgeon Empty
PostSubject: Re: bunbury surgeon   bunbury surgeon EmptyThu 25 Apr 2013, 10:58 am

Hi curious
Can't help you with the surgeon question as I was done in Perth by Dr Padovan.

As for HBF I have top hospital and was covered with no problems. There was no questions asked about BMI or reasons at all. Give them a call once you get codes from your doc and they will send you a quote.

Good luck
Back to top Go down
curiousnewbie

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2013-04-25

bunbury surgeon Empty
PostSubject: bunbury surgeon   bunbury surgeon EmptyThu 25 Apr 2013, 10:37 am

Just wandering what peoples experiences have been like with the bunbury surgeon. Do you meed a referal and what was everyones bmi before they started. Also im h b f..what is covered?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

bunbury surgeon Empty
PostSubject: Re: bunbury surgeon   bunbury surgeon Empty

Back to top Go down

bunbury surgeon
Page 1 of 1