9 posters
AuthorMessage
1 DaY SkiNNy NikKi
1 DaY SkiNNy NikKi

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-02-06

considering sleeve , 30kg to loose , Doctors Perth Empty
PostSubject: How did you go?   considering sleeve , 30kg to loose , Doctors Perth EmptyThu 06 Feb 2014, 4:47 am

Hi I know your post is fairly old, but I was wondering if you have had your op done and how did it go, if so? Who did u go with and how much was it?
Back to top Go down
jesspinto

Female
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2013-04-22

PostSubject: Re: considering sleeve , 30kg to loose , Doctors Perth   considering sleeve , 30kg to loose , Doctors Perth EmptyWed 08 May 2013, 10:32 am

JenBen wrote:
Daisy,

There are a few surgeons in Perth that do them (I think there are 15 in WA if I recall). Alan Thomas and Harsha Chandraratna have been mentioned at Murdoch. Stephen Watson is also Murdoch and I think Krishna Epari is too. Jon Armstrong in West Leederville. Joondalup and Mercy both have clinics, can't recall the surgeons (think Leon Cohen is Mercy???).

I was done by Kevin Dolan in Duncraig. I paid about $3000 all up ($2500 for his fee, $0 for gas man, then costs for prescriptions, leak test and $100 co pay to Glengarry hospital). I'm with HBF.

Oh yeah, there is Chris Couch in Rockingham too.

Also, there is Mufazzal Lakdawala who is a renowned weight loss surgeon in India. Their clinic CODS India is the best in Asia. Surgery is actually cheaper in India compared to other places and treatment here is world class to.
Back to top Go down
JenBen
Part of the furniture
JenBen

Female
Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2012-08-01

PostSubject: Re: considering sleeve , 30kg to loose , Doctors Perth   considering sleeve , 30kg to loose , Doctors Perth EmptyWed 01 May 2013, 5:01 am

Daisy,

There are a few surgeons in Perth that do them (I think there are 15 in WA if I recall). Alan Thomas and Harsha Chandraratna have been mentioned at Murdoch. Stephen Watson is also Murdoch and I think Krishna Epari is too. Jon Armstrong in West Leederville. Joondalup and Mercy both have clinics, can't recall the surgeons (think Leon Cohen is Mercy???).

I was done by Kevin Dolan in Duncraig. I paid about $3000 all up ($2500 for his fee, $0 for gas man, then costs for prescriptions, leak test and $100 co pay to Glengarry hospital). I'm with HBF.

Oh yeah, there is Chris Couch in Rockingham too.
Back to top Go down
daisy1971

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2013-02-03

PostSubject: Re: considering sleeve , 30kg to loose , Doctors Perth   considering sleeve , 30kg to loose , Doctors Perth EmptyTue 30 Apr 2013, 4:14 pm

Thank you all for your replys have to started making calls!

Daisy
Back to top Go down
DellyMC
DellyMC

Female
Number of posts : 101

PostSubject: Re: considering sleeve , 30kg to loose , Doctors Perth   considering sleeve , 30kg to loose , Doctors Perth EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013, 9:41 am

Hi sassy

Yes.. I'd prefer country life as well, But we're not all that fortunate.I grew up in the country...in Canada though.

Prices in Perth are shocking... Nothing much I can do about it. I have to access super in order to pay up 6k considering sleeve , 30kg to loose , Doctors Perth 595690

I have seen quotes from other surgeons regarding friends who have had the band or sleeve. It always seems to range from 5 to 6k.

Regards,
Back to top Go down
sassyjane
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2012-11-04

PostSubject: Re: considering sleeve , 30kg to loose , Doctors Perth   considering sleeve , 30kg to loose , Doctors Perth EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013, 9:07 am

Times like this i am glad i live in the country,i did not want to be sleeved in the city any way which is my own choice,just not a city slicker so they say,but the city sure have to pay up even with the hbf funding,down to being a little greedy again i think,after my debacle with the dietician who i dont see any more. I dont even think if you actually live in the city they will let you go to a country hospital to have the procedure done,i still had to drive 4 hours to get to the country hospital i went to,that was from one country town to another and i am still glad i did it that way rather than the 4 hour drive to the city.I think it goes down to every ones preferences and what they want personally for themself. It seems the norm for the city to be very high in the dollars,i dont really know why as the surgeons are pretty much trained the same and the outcome is what you want.I did not have one problem at all and had a very fast recovery,hardly any pain and to date have still not thrown up which is great.Finding a surgeon who can offer you a payment plan is a great idea as they know you are doing this procedure for your own good but for many it is out of their price range so being able to pay it off is really good.If i did live in the city it would have been an option that i would have had to choose. I would just do some research around Perth and see what the rates are with you having hbf cover,there seems to be some big gaps in the costs,possibly caused by hospitals and surgeons rates.
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: considering sleeve , 30kg to loose , Doctors Perth   considering sleeve , 30kg to loose , Doctors Perth EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013, 8:52 am

blimey :)
Back to top Go down
DellyMC
DellyMC

Female

PostSubject: Re: considering sleeve , 30kg to loose , Doctors Perth   considering sleeve , 30kg to loose , Doctors Perth EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013, 7:59 am

Hi lin,

Yes it is expensive, I have been told to expect that living in Perth.
I believe I get $700 and something back from Medicare.
As for my PHIl.. I have no idea. :)

Back to top Go down
getstuck
Part of the furniture
getstuck

Female
Number of posts : 478
Registration date : 2013-03-12

PostSubject: Re: considering sleeve , 30kg to loose , Doctors Perth   considering sleeve , 30kg to loose , Doctors Perth EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013, 7:31 am

Hi sassy

Yea 1600 is pretty goodi think..not to expensive

Back to top Go down
sassyjane
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: considering sleeve , 30kg to loose , Doctors Perth   considering sleeve , 30kg to loose , Doctors Perth EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013, 6:58 am

Hi Kirby, i paid the same as you for DR W $1600 and that was it,did not have to pay for another thing,Medicare dont give anything back as it gets charged as a booking fee,but $1600 is great and not over the top to come out of your own pocket. I would not have been able to afford it if i was in Perth at $5/6 grand.Having some surgeons with a payment plan is a great option and they should all have it so this means of bettering you life and health is not out of reach for every one.
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: considering sleeve , 30kg to loose , Doctors Perth   considering sleeve , 30kg to loose , Doctors Perth EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013, 6:53 am

blimely that is expensive. how much do you get back from PHI/medicare
Back to top Go down
DellyMC
DellyMC

Female

PostSubject: Re: considering sleeve , 30kg to loose , Doctors Perth   considering sleeve , 30kg to loose , Doctors Perth EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013, 5:14 am

Hi Daisy

I am due to be sleeved in August by Dr. Harsha Chandraratna at SJOG Murdoch.
I have had to wait a year for private health to kick in.
His fees are $4000 and $1500 for the anesthetist (this fee can vary) and then whatever your hospital excess is.. mines $100 per day with HBF Twin Savers.
So all up, my out of pocket cost is going to be $6000.00
HBF covers the operating theater and what not.

Dr. Harsha also allows a payment plan if you are unable to dish out $4000. $2000 up front and then payments after.

Although I have only seen him once so far.. I could not have been happier.
He came highly recommended by my GP.
I live just north of Perth. :)
considering sleeve , 30kg to loose , Doctors Perth 217555

Good luck!

Last edited by DellyMC on Mon 29 Apr 2013, 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
getstuck
Part of the furniture
getstuck

Female
Number of posts : 478
Registration date : 2013-03-12

PostSubject: Re: considering sleeve , 30kg to loose , Doctors Perth   considering sleeve , 30kg to loose , Doctors Perth EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013, 3:38 am

Hi daisy

I am getting my sleeve done in bunbury by dr werapitiya
I live 150kms away in Williams

I had to go to my doc and get a referral to see dr w

My surgery is may 16 and I can't wait

I had to pay $1600 to dr w as a gap and might even get some of that back
I didn't have to pay my gas man a cent he was fully covered

I am with HBF I have single savers and am covered

Good luck with fining your surgeon

I have heard that in Perth out of pocket expenses can be up to $5000 depending on surgeon

considering sleeve , 30kg to loose , Doctors Perth 217555
Back to top Go down
kayt83
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2011-03-21

PostSubject: Re: considering sleeve , 30kg to loose , Doctors Perth   considering sleeve , 30kg to loose , Doctors Perth EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013, 2:47 am

I was sleeved by Alan Thomas at SJOG Murdoch, as were a fair number of other people on here - it is really a matter of personal choice, but for me I couldn't recommend him highly enough. I found him to be extremely understanding, patient, non-judgmental and I understand he is regarded as one of the best in Perth technically.
Back to top Go down
daisy1971

Female

PostSubject: Sassyjane that is a great weight loss good for you, i will look at the surgeons section(i didnt know there was one thanksfor that) I will have my year done with HBF in August so I need to find information . daisy   considering sleeve , 30kg to loose , Doctors Perth EmptySun 28 Apr 2013, 2:52 pm

sassyjane wrote:
Hi Daisy, it was a four hour drive to Bunbury from Albany but well worth it,no one does the procedure here and I did not want to go to a Perth hospital.i had no problems at all,pretty much a perfect recovery and hardly any pain and I feel so good now and have more energy,as I am 58 the weight loss is close to a kilo a week which is a good rate,too fast is not good for your body,I am down 18 kgs now and really happy with that.i don't know any way round you being able to go to Bunbury but do check again with Dr Ws reception staff that work for him,they are very good.
Keep an eye out in the surgeons section or go and put a post in it for Perth surgeons.
Back to top Go down
sassyjane
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: considering sleeve , 30kg to loose , Doctors Perth   considering sleeve , 30kg to loose , Doctors Perth EmptySun 28 Apr 2013, 2:43 pm

Hi Daisy, it was a four hour drive to Bunbury from Albany but well worth it,no one does the procedure here and I did not want to go to a Perth hospital.i had no problems at all,pretty much a perfect recovery and hardly any pain and I feel so good now and have more energy,as I am 58 the weight loss is close to a kilo a week which is a good rate,too fast is not good for your body,I am down 18 kgs now and really happy with that.i don't know any way round you being able to go to Bunbury but do check again with Dr Ws reception staff that work for him,they are very good.
Keep an eye out in the surgeons section or go and put a post in it for Perth surgeons.
Back to top Go down
daisy1971

Female

PostSubject: Hi Sassyjane, thanks for your reply, I called SJOG in Bunbury a couple of months ago nd they said I didnt live close enough to Bunbury to get it done ,I will call them again this week and see what the receptionist says , hw do you find the sleeve and how    considering sleeve , 30kg to loose , Doctors Perth EmptySun 28 Apr 2013, 2:32 pm

sassyjane wrote:
Hi Daisy, I live in albany and had my sleeve done in Bunbury. I joined hbf for the 12 month wait which went real fast,I had top cover and was in sjog as a private patient,all I had to pay out of my pocket was $1600 which is called the surgeons booking fee,that was all I had to pay all the way through.I have seen some costs in Perth around the five to six grand mark,it seems to be more costly in the city.have a check in the surgeons sections and put a post in there too.good luck and you will find heaps of info and help on this site.
Back to top Go down
sassyjane
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: considering sleeve , 30kg to loose , Doctors Perth   considering sleeve , 30kg to loose , Doctors Perth EmptySun 28 Apr 2013, 1:42 pm

Hi Daisy, I live in albany and had my sleeve done in Bunbury. I joined hbf for the 12 month wait which went real fast,I had top cover and was in sjog as a private patient,all I had to pay out of my pocket was $1600 which is called the surgeons booking fee,that was all I had to pay all the way through.I have seen some costs in Perth around the five to six grand mark,it seems to be more costly in the city.have a check in the surgeons sections and put a post in there too.good luck and you will find heaps of info and help on this site.
Back to top Go down
daisy1971

Female

PostSubject: considering sleeve , 30kg to loose , Doctors Perth   considering sleeve , 30kg to loose , Doctors Perth EmptySun 28 Apr 2013, 1:36 pm

Hi All,

Can anyone recommend a Doctor to do sleeve in Perth Area , I have HBF insurance, and also wondering what the out of pocket expences are.

Thanks,

Daisy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: considering sleeve , 30kg to loose , Doctors Perth   considering sleeve , 30kg to loose , Doctors Perth Empty

Back to top Go down

considering sleeve , 30kg to loose , Doctors Perth
Page 1 of 1