AuthorMessage
sassyjane
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2012-11-04

Dr Werapitiya  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Werapitiya    Dr Werapitiya  EmptyWed 16 Jan 2013, 6:48 am

Hi Chelsea, glad you went so well. I was sleeved by Dr W on the 13 th Dec,like you i have very little pain or discomfort and i found they are a really great team in SJOG and would not hestitate to recommend them at all. The only down fall was having to travel 4 hours from Albany but it sure beats going to Perth. I am very close to having lost 10 kg since my surgery day so i am thrilled.I went for my check up in Bridgetown on Monday the 14 th Jan,at least the drive was only 2 1/2 hours and not 4, Dr W was pleased with everything and just double checked i was taking everything,now i only need a phone consultation in 6 months.

Hope you do well and recover fast like i did.
Back to top Go down
Chelsea.88
Chelsea.88

Female
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Dr Werapitiya  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Werapitiya    Dr Werapitiya  EmptyTue 15 Jan 2013, 11:51 am

Just thought i'd let everyone know I had my surgery on January 10, 2013 with Dr. Senerath Werapitiya and SJOG Bunbury, I couldn't fault anything with my surgery or after care. I came through the surgery very well and had minimal to no pain at all!

I highly recommend Dr. Werapitiya for anyone considering having their surgery here in Bunbury.

<3
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/chelio.c88
sassyjane
Part of the furniture

Female

Dr Werapitiya  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Werapitiya    Dr Werapitiya  EmptyTue 06 Nov 2012, 3:28 am

saslia wrote:
He didn't tell me to do it before mine.
that is good to hear,how did it go ? every surgeon seems to be quite different.My op is the 13 th December.
Back to top Go down
saslia

Female
Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2011-04-02

Dr Werapitiya  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Werapitiya    Dr Werapitiya  EmptyTue 06 Nov 2012, 12:06 am

He didn't tell me to do it before mine.
Back to top Go down
Ayla
Ayla

Female
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2011-09-22

Dr Werapitiya  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Werapitiya    Dr Werapitiya  EmptyMon 05 Nov 2012, 2:06 pm

I did do mostly meal replacements the week before however I did cheat quite a bit . Today 98.9
Back to top Go down
Ayla
Ayla

Female

Dr Werapitiya  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Werapitiya    Dr Werapitiya  EmptyMon 05 Nov 2012, 2:03 pm

I did 7 days of opti/kate morgan the week before surgery, need to be on liquids to prepare stomach
Back to top Go down
sassyjane
Part of the furniture

Female

Dr Werapitiya  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Werapitiya    Dr Werapitiya  EmptyMon 05 Nov 2012, 9:07 am

snowbunny wrote:
I did 10 days of Optifast for Dr W before surgery.
i may contact him again to make sure,it was a question i made sure i asked ,if i needed to go on a liquid diet,he said no,but i may go onto liquids for two days before to play safe as i see quite a few do it that way,which would be my own descision.
Back to top Go down
snowbunny
Part of the furniture
snowbunny

Female
Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2011-06-14

Dr Werapitiya  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Werapitiya    Dr Werapitiya  EmptyMon 05 Nov 2012, 8:56 am

I did 10 days of Optifast for Dr W before surgery.
Back to top Go down
sassyjane
Part of the furniture

Female

Dr Werapitiya  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Werapitiya    Dr Werapitiya  EmptyMon 05 Nov 2012, 8:10 am

Ayla wrote:
He was good as far as I am concerned - Very efficeient and my scars are nice and small. A down side is he always seems to be in a rush, hence i think his "to the point nature". His sense of humor is dry/funny. Didn't really see too much of him in hospital because I recovered so well I think he spent more time with others who needed it? He tends to er on the side of caution, he made me stay a day longer than I felt I needed too (3 nights). All up I am very happy 99.8 today (weight loss a little slower than I thought, but is happening none the less!!!) Starting to miss the joy of eating - down to such small amounts - eating normal food now but only a few mouthfuls at a time 1/2 cup or so. Do not want the pain that comes with being overfull - VERY UNPLESANT!!

hi,i am having my sleeve done on the 13 th Dec by Dr W in Bunbury, i just want to know if any others had to go on liquids before the op ? i know many surgeons are different,i do not have to do this before my surgery,has any one else not had to do this ?
Back to top Go down
Ayla
Ayla

Female

Dr Werapitiya  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Werapitiya    Dr Werapitiya  EmptyMon 29 Oct 2012, 6:35 am

He was good as far as I am concerned - Very efficeient and my scars are nice and small. A down side is he always seems to be in a rush, hence i think his "to the point nature". His sense of humor is dry/funny. Didn't really see too much of him in hospital because I recovered so well I think he spent more time with others who needed it? He tends to er on the side of caution, he made me stay a day longer than I felt I needed too (3 nights). All up I am very happy 99.8 today (weight loss a little slower than I thought, but is happening none the less!!!) Starting to miss the joy of eating - down to such small amounts - eating normal food now but only a few mouthfuls at a time 1/2 cup or so. Do not want the pain that comes with being overfull - VERY UNPLESANT!!
Back to top Go down
Rosemary

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-10-29

Dr Werapitiya  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Werapitiya    Dr Werapitiya  EmptyMon 29 Oct 2012, 6:17 am

I am having my op on the 4th of dec and are very nervous and excited at the same time it is comforting to know that Dr Werapitiya Is a very nice person . I have heard that from more than one person . But I am still scared . I don"t know that much about the lead up to my sugery .Dr Werapitiya  595690
Back to top Go down
Ayla
Ayla

Female

Dr Werapitiya  Empty
PostSubject: Dr W   Dr Werapitiya  EmptyTue 18 Sep 2012, 3:09 pm

I have seen Senarath three times now the first few for research and then a pre-op appointment. He has a fairly good manner. In fact he completed a hernia repair operation on my husband last year and he was pleased with his outcome. Only a few days to go - pretty hungry!!! learning to love a liquid diet.....
Back to top Go down
snowbunny
Part of the furniture
snowbunny

Female

Dr Werapitiya  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Werapitiya    Dr Werapitiya  EmptyTue 26 Jun 2012, 1:07 pm

Dr W has a good reputation with the nurses at SJOGH on the surgical ward, every nurse I spoke to said how great he is. He is a funny little dude, with a dry sense of humour. You are in good hands with him.
Back to top Go down
chrissy8582
chrissy8582

Female
Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2012-06-26

Dr Werapitiya  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Werapitiya    Dr Werapitiya  EmptyTue 26 Jun 2012, 11:51 am

Hi all.

Dr Werapitiya is my surgeon, Ive met with him twice, and go in for the surgery this Friday (29th June)
Ive found him nice, but very to the point.
Ive heard alot of great comments about it during this adventure, even my own doc raved how good he is.
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Dr Werapitiya  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Werapitiya    Dr Werapitiya  EmptyMon 25 Jun 2012, 11:50 am

Complete blonde moment... No idea why I've just replied to this thread as my reply was directed at the first question asked but came up with a more recent date.

Oh well....
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Dr Werapitiya  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Werapitiya    Dr Werapitiya  EmptyMon 25 Jun 2012, 11:49 am

If you have a read through this thread you'll find a fair amount of info on dr w.

I had him as my surgeon.. He isn't overly chatty, very straight to the point & pretty blunt, but he's a fairly good surgeon and he did the job.

There are quite a few in Perth that have better reps, but that also means higher surgeon fees, more hoops to jump through and also away from home for surgery.

I was happy enough.
Back to top Go down
Bee77

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-04-04

Dr Werapitiya  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Werapitiya    Dr Werapitiya  EmptySun 24 Jun 2012, 10:23 am

hi there i had Dr Weripitya do my sleeve in April this year and found him to be loverly i had no problems with him, although i had some complications with surgery, none of it was his fault. i would reccommend him, he has a loverly bedside manner too
Back to top Go down
Dhudhu

Female
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2011-01-23

Dr Werapitiya  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Werapitiya    Dr Werapitiya  EmptySun 10 Jun 2012, 5:27 am

Hi Susan

I had my appointment with Dr W on the 27th of feb and op 11th April. If I were you I'd call the office tomorrow to make an appointment.

All the best

Julie
Back to top Go down
AussieSusan
AussieSusan

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-06-10

Dr Werapitiya  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Werapitiya    Dr Werapitiya  EmptySun 10 Jun 2012, 5:21 am

Hi all

does anyone know how busy Dr W is?
my PHI kicks in early July and I wondered how quick the surgery could be

thanks
Back to top Go down
Gypsy Lover
Gypsy Lover

Female
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2012-01-22

Dr Werapitiya  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Werapitiya    Dr Werapitiya  EmptyFri 13 Apr 2012, 2:57 pm

Hi Nadz, I was also in St Johns Bunbury and had my surgery on the 5th April. I am pretty sure there were 4 of us operated on that day. I was told by many of the staff that DR W is a very good surgeon and I have no complaints. I had basically no pain after the first 24hrs and went home after 3 nights and I am feeling good and my stomach wounds are healing nicely. I would recommend Dr Warapitiya.

BRAD D ... Dr W didn't tell me to go on the optifast diet before my surgery. He asked that I lose 4-5kgs before the operation. I lost 10kgs in Feb/March and went on optifast for the last 6 days before surgery just to make sure my liver had shrunk. I did not want to risk NOT having the operation. I went on optifast for MYSELF.

I found that Dr W is not overly chatty but he answered all my questions at my second/last app with him in Jan. He came in to see me each day while I was in hospital but didn't spend more than a minute with me each time. That said I was feeling great so I guess he had no reason to chat to me.

In hospital you will be given clear soup, strained soup, apple juices and milkshakes for your meals. You can ask for apple juices from the morning and afternoon tea ladies also. The nurses also have a 'stash' of protein drinks that you can ask for to drink during your stay. If you need to take any tablets (medication) ask them to squash your tablets into a powder and mix them with a little jam. It makes swallowing disgusting tablets SOOOO mush easier. You need to ask for this...not all staff offer extras :( You are NOT to swallow whole tablets, be careful as some staff may tell you that you can grrr.

My OH bought me in a small container of lemon cordial and I mixed a little with my water as I found drinking water was difficult. Discuss the menu with the lovely ladies that come around and take your order, they are super helpful and so nice.

Since coming home last Sunday I have been drinking lots of V8 juices, up & go's, optifast for breakfast (I dont mind the chocolate one ), milkshakes and water with a bit of cordial. The time goes very quickly and I only have 5 more days and I will be on mashed food woohoo.

Dr W gave me the details of a dietician who does not work at SJOG. She is a private dietician and so lovely and helpful. I can messgae you her details if you want. The hospital dietician was not in the hospital over Easter but she left us all a sheet of paper with what we can eat for the first two weeks.....I am seeing my dietician again next week so she will tell me what I can eat during the mushie stage.

This is the best decision I have made and I am looking forward to living life, not sitting on the sidelines watching it pass me by.....
Back to top Go down
Dhudhu

Female

Dr Werapitiya  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Werapitiya    Dr Werapitiya  EmptyFri 13 Apr 2012, 1:43 pm

Brad I thought I'd answer you question here instead of the April site. I thought it would be better for people looking for info in Dr w later. I hope u don't mind.

No I didn't find him very chatty at any of my appointments. I have done a lot of research online so I didn't have too many questions for him. He has been to see me in hospital twice now after the surgery and he was happy with how it went. Don't worry too much about the liquid diet before surgery as on the other thread. Obviously you want your liver to be as healthy as possible for the surgery but im sure your "blow out" a week before surgery will be fine. Dr W's associate is coming to see me tomorrow, I can ask him about it for you if I remember and if u want me too?
Fiona was nice. I saw her only a week before my surgery and she gave me post op meal ideas. I thought she was good. It must be tough seeing the other one if she is trying to talk u out of it. It's a big decision and I'm sure u haven't made it lightly.
So for the next 2-3 weeks if it doesn't go through a straw it doesn't go in my mouth :-) I can take a photo of the plan Fiona gave me with my phone and email it to u if u like? I have it here with me
Back to top Go down
BRAD D
BRAD D

Male
Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2012-04-12

Dr Werapitiya  Empty
PostSubject: First post eva !!!   Dr Werapitiya  EmptyThu 12 Apr 2012, 2:02 pm

This is my first post on the site ... I'm a bit nervous !!

I'm booked in for the 27th of April with Dr W for sleeving and I can't wait to start a new life.

I've done a fair bit of research and pre op preparation on the advice of people I know who've had the procedure and found Dr W to be very good.

All I'm a bit in the dark about is the post op diet ... I gather fluids are on the menu for at least 2 weeks following the op then purees/mush for another couple of weeks before getting on to solids.

I saw the SJOG dietician twice before my first appointment with Dr W and she tried to talk me out of having the op as I had lost 8kg since Jan 1 this year and my visit wasn't until late Feb .. anyone else had this experience ?? So I'm reluctant to go back and see her again for post op advice.

Looking forward to going to the beach and getting a suntan ... playing cricket again and above all watching my 8 yr old twin boys grow old with my wife by my side.
Back to top Go down
Nadz
Nadz

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Dr Werapitiya  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Werapitiya    Dr Werapitiya  EmptyThu 12 Apr 2012, 11:10 am

Hi All

I had Dr W and Im a newy to this, have just been done on the 5th of April 2012. he was really great, I had 100 questions and he answered them all for me even to i kept asking the same one ova and ova for was abit worried about surgery (Im Big sooky lala). Im still on the liguid diet but feel great and no pain, no probs and so far all is good.

I would recommend him, and the SJOG hospital staff are fantastic also.. looked after you really well also

Dr Werapitiya  65317
Back to top Go down
Dhudhu

Female

Dr Werapitiya  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Werapitiya    Dr Werapitiya  EmptyTue 03 Apr 2012, 1:12 am

Thanks hopeful. I met with Dr W again and he tols me the same about driving home so I have arranged for someone to come and get me.
Goodluck gypsy lover with your surgery. Thanks for the tip about the April banders page. I'll go and check it out.

I did a lot of research when finding a doctor. I found the out of pocket for dr w was less than some in Perth which wasn't my deciding factor in choosing bunbury over Perth obviously but it's nice to know. I asked a few nurse friends I have. One who looks after lap band patients and I decided that dr w and SJOG hospital was the way to go for me.
After meeting with the dr a few times I feel very comfortable with him and his record. I'm nervous and excited.
Thanks again for your held hopeful.
Back to top Go down
snowbunny
Part of the furniture
snowbunny

Female

Dr Werapitiya  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Werapitiya    Dr Werapitiya  EmptyMon 02 Apr 2012, 12:32 pm

I had Dr Werapitya as my surgeon.

I had no complications, needed no medication and had a great recovery.
I can highly recommend him to anyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dr Werapitiya  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Werapitiya    Dr Werapitiya  Empty

Back to top Go down

Dr Werapitiya
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next