34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
bruiser

Male
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-04-02

any regrets out there - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: any regrets out there   any regrets out there - Page 3 EmptyMon 02 Apr 2012, 8:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

i am getting ready to have the gastric sleeve procedure with in the next couple of months and i am just really wondering does any one out there who's had this really regret having it done!!!! i was all ready to have it this procedure in 2011 and let family and friends talk me out of it but ive finally said im gonna do what i want to its my life!!!!!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
alice.r

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2011-08-28

PostSubject: Re: any regrets out there   any regrets out there - Page 3 EmptyTue 03 Apr 2012, 11:54 pm

I'll be praying for you too bruiser. Top question to ask, its such a great idea to get all of the different view points before deciding.
Back to top Go down
bruiser

Male

PostSubject: Re: any regrets out there   any regrets out there - Page 3 EmptyTue 03 Apr 2012, 10:40 pm

i am gonna say thank u to all that has posted on my topic u have no idea what it means to have come from several different people so i can see it from all sides of view!!!!! i am so ready im not gonna lie i have prayed and have got people praying that i make the correct decision and i feel more at ease about this than i ever have
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: any regrets out there   any regrets out there - Page 3 EmptyTue 03 Apr 2012, 8:39 pm

Thanks Marg, I can definitely say that my life has turned completely around and I am actually starting to like myself more and more.
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female
Number of posts : 2628
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: any regrets out there   any regrets out there - Page 3 EmptyTue 03 Apr 2012, 8:38 pm

Kate that is amazing no pain meds.47.7 kilos lost well done.
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: any regrets out there   any regrets out there - Page 3 EmptyTue 03 Apr 2012, 8:32 pm

I was sleeved about 7 months ago and I have not regretted it for even one millisecond.. Best thing I have ever done and the best I have felt in a whole bunch of years.

Pre Sleeve
I weighed 123kg, I was on 2 different kinds of morphine meds, I had chronic back pain 24/7, spent most of the day on the lounge as my back wouldn't let me do anything I wanted to do, I was constantly fatigued and I rarely went anywhere and I ate a lot of crap.

Post Sleeve
I currently weigh 75.3kg, I have lost 47.7kg and only have 10.3kg to go, I don't take any pain meds except for panadol osteo occasionally, I can now do whatever I want to do nothing is off limits anymore, I rarely spend any time during the day on the lounge, I have loads of energy, I'm hardly ever home and I eat completely differently to what I used to.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE MY SLEEVE.
Back to top Go down
Max
Part of the furniture
Max

Female
Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: any regrets out there   any regrets out there - Page 3 EmptyTue 03 Apr 2012, 12:56 pm

None from me!!!

So happy I did had a Sleeve.

Max
Back to top Go down
sassyred
Part of the furniture
sassyred

Female
Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2011-09-01

PostSubject: Re: any regrets out there   any regrets out there - Page 3 EmptyTue 03 Apr 2012, 11:20 am

None whatsoever. The best thing I ever did for myself. LOVE IT!!
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: any regrets out there   any regrets out there - Page 3 EmptyTue 03 Apr 2012, 11:11 am

HELL NO!!!!!

Love my sleeve, love my now normal life, no regrets from day 1.
Back to top Go down
ozrick33
Part of the furniture
ozrick33

Male
Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2012-03-12

PostSubject: Re: any regrets out there   any regrets out there - Page 3 EmptyTue 03 Apr 2012, 7:42 am

I am only 2 weeks out and there have been times I regretted it - only briefly. I think the pre-op was worse than the post-op. However being told I can stop all meds for diabetes and high blood pressure was a major happy experience. No regrets indeed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sydneyinsurancebroker.com.au
Belladonna
Belladonna

Female
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2011-01-01

PostSubject: Re: any regrets out there   any regrets out there - Page 3 EmptyTue 03 Apr 2012, 7:28 am

Hi Bruiser

I didn't much like the side effects of my sleeve for the first 6 months or so - I threw up after lots of meals, had belly pain and felt generally blah (nausea and tiredness).

BUT

I loved the weight-loss! Now I am almost 18 months down the track I am almost at goal (and not really sure I will get there because I eat too much chocolate) and I am really really happy with my sleeve and the weight loss. I no longer suffer any side effects, except for a bit of a weakened immune system and some bowel problems (minor in the scheme of things and certainly fixable with lifestyle and vitamin changes).

My only regret, like others here, is that I didn't get it done sooner!

Good luck!

Donna
Back to top Go down
alice.r
alice.r

Female
Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2011-08-28

PostSubject: Re: any regrets out there   any regrets out there - Page 3 EmptyTue 03 Apr 2012, 7:18 am

i wont lie, at the start i HATED it. i had a terrible time with recovery and i remember crying to my Husband that i had mutilated myself. 4 months on i'm loving it, it is a pain for my lifestyle and it is annoying when i go to a place for a sit down dinner or wedding etc and i feel the need to discreetly plonk all my leftover food onto my Husband's plate so no one will notice i've barely eaten, but like anything you adapt. i know without it id just keep getting bigger and bigger (a luxury i most certainly couldn't afford considering start weight was 173kg!!!). i think it was truly the only solution for me, id literally tried every diet- slimfast, lite n easy, opti, duramine (terrible medication), reductil, the list goes on and on. i know this was the right decision for me. a lot of people on here had a dream run, i didn't and it was tough, i had issues with recovery and with reactions to the painkillers. i think i went into it convinced i'd have a dream run and when i didn't it was really rough on me. for me this was the right solution. if you'd asked me 2 months ago i still couldn't tell you if i regretted it, because i did a little. now i dont at all, however i would only recommend it to someone with a lot of weight to loose or health issues. i'll probably get shot by some members for saying this, but its not something id be doing if i had 20-30kg to loose, its major surgery with major risks like anything, and after my experience, not something to take lightly.
as much as i love my sleeve, i would recommend that you go into it with a realistic view that sometimes it is tougher than a lot of people on here have experienced in terms of recovery- that way the worst that will happen is that you're pleasantly surprised! lol Having said all that, the sleeve is the best decision i've ever made for myself health wise.

Last edited by alice.r on Tue 03 Apr 2012, 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Woodland
Woodland

Female
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2011-09-27

PostSubject: Re: any regrets out there   any regrets out there - Page 3 EmptyTue 03 Apr 2012, 6:51 am

No I don't have any regrets. I had my sleeve done 3 months ago and have already lost 20kg and am only 6kg away from goal. I feel this sleeve is a tool to help me control my overeating for the rest of my life. I can eat anything I want, just small amounts of it. So if I really feel like some chocolate I can have a little bit. There's nothing to regret as far as Im concerned!
Back to top Go down
Jag
Jag

Female
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-08-29

PostSubject: Regrets??    any regrets out there - Page 3 EmptyTue 03 Apr 2012, 4:23 am

Ha.Part of the Furniture summed it up!

Things I can do now at 34kg less!Go shopping for longer than 5mins,fit in plane seats,get out of chairs easy,walk!!!!!!,fit behind steering wheel without guts touching,get out of car elegantly,give fat clothes to friends gracefully,laugh more,feel sooooo healthier,the list goes on,too many pluses to mention.Am I a better person...HELL YES!
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male
Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: any regrets out there   any regrets out there - Page 3 EmptyTue 03 Apr 2012, 4:03 am

:Looks at ticker:

Hell fucking NO!

Back to top Go down
Jag
Jag

Female
Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-08-29

PostSubject: Regrets??   any regrets out there - Page 3 EmptyTue 03 Apr 2012, 3:37 am

Not a single one!Go for it and enjoy the life it allows us to rejoin.any regrets out there - Page 3 65317
Back to top Go down
cosmic1
Part of the furniture
cosmic1

Female
Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2009-12-09

PostSubject: Re: any regrets out there   any regrets out there - Page 3 EmptyTue 03 Apr 2012, 12:24 am

I was booked in to get my sleeve 2 years ago and kept postponing it so knew I was not in the right headspace. I kept thinking I'm such a failure for having to take this line and was grieving foods and generally doubting it all. My family were worried but supportive except my brother. During those 2 years of trying to lose weight on my own one more time I fail more than ever before. So when I decided this time that I definitely NEEDED and WANTED the sleeve I was more positive about the benefits it could provide and just in a more 'knowing' place and nothing was going to stop me. I was so happy and excited this time round and again my family were supportive and my brother actually said he was happy I was getting it this time. But it wouldn't deter me because I want to change my life and have no regrets - no regrets about waiting do long either because it's most important that YOU are ready for this.

I had my sleeve a week ago and had a dream run with no pain, mobility issues and no dramas with food or drink. I was well researched and prepared and calm and positive and I know that's made all the difference. I'm loving everything about this process and am happy to have finally gotten to the point that this choice and lifestyle change is mine and definitely embraced. I will not fail anymore and I'm loving my journey and can visualise my new way of eating and exercising - and am happy to change all of the previous bad habits I created over the years. I could never regret this positive change in my life I feel passionate and actually am loving myself and am thankful for my body for putting up with years of abuse so now I am giving it the treatment it deserves forever ;)
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: any regrets out there   any regrets out there - Page 3 EmptyMon 02 Apr 2012, 11:29 pm

no no regrets except i wish i had it done years ago!

have a read through the different sections including the diaries for inspiration/stories/facts etc

shelly
Back to top Go down
bruiser

Male

PostSubject: any regrets out there   any regrets out there - Page 3 EmptyMon 02 Apr 2012, 8:25 pm

i am getting ready to have the gastric sleeve procedure with in the next couple of months and i am just really wondering does any one out there who's had this really regret having it done!!!! i was all ready to have it this procedure in 2011 and let family and friends talk me out of it but ive finally said im gonna do what i want to its my life!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: any regrets out there   any regrets out there - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

any regrets out there
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3