gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

any regrets out there Empty
PostSubject: Re: any regrets out there   any regrets out there EmptyTue 08 May 2012, 9:00 am

Belle91 wrote:
Wow that's amazing. What tips could you give us new sleeves that could help us get results for you. What things do you think are best ways of losing all the weight we have to lose.

It is a NOT a diet...keep telling yourself that! I eat like a little bird now, and I enjoy EVERY bite! I only put GOOD food into my mouth, and if I eat cake, I ENJOY IT! I usually only eat a few mouthfuls anyway.

The weight will fall off, and then you will have a few stalls, my secret? Don't stress! Drink more water, go for a walk with the dog, and don't eat that piece of cake for a day...

After getting sleeved, eat at least 6-8 times a day, small amounts spread over the day, but if you don't feel hungry, then DON'T EAT! I have hungry days, and not-so-hungry days where I feel like nothing but yoghurt and water. Go with what your body wants! But remember, the FIRST THING you put in your mouth will satisfy you, so make it worth eating! I now eat breakfast, lunch and dinner with perhaps one snack during the morning, afternoon, or after dinner. If I miss out, who cares?

No use turning into a gym junkie and replacing one addiction (food) with another! Life is for living! Walk, enjoy the sunshine or go hiking somewhere that fills your soul rather than sweating in a gym.

That is my philosophy, anyway.
Back to top Go down
steph11
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: any regrets out there   any regrets out there EmptyTue 08 May 2012, 7:13 am

Far out Michelle! It is true, there are small frames lurking under "all" (as in our fat) of us arn't there? How amazing is the change in you, especially in your sparkly eyes. Good on you for knocking off an essay, best of luck for the next one!

Thanks for the photos, the before and after's always makes me refocus on getting to my goal! I have to stop being so shy aNd put some in the gallery!

Steph
Back to top Go down
Belle91

Female
Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2012-01-16

PostSubject: Re: any regrets out there   any regrets out there EmptyTue 08 May 2012, 7:12 am

Wow that's amazing. What tips could you give us new sleeves that could help us get results for you. What things do you think are best ways of losing all the weight we have to lose.
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female

PostSubject: Re: any regrets out there   any regrets out there EmptyTue 08 May 2012, 6:20 am

Angelmystique wrote:
lol Michelle - size 10? omg i wish but thats not my body... but good on u!!! wolf whistles

!
OK, gonna prove you WRONG here!

Take a look at this!

any regrets out there 100_1810

The only reason I am putting this up is to show you what can be accomplished! I NEVER thought I would be a size 10! I found it on an old photo CD. Check out those ROLLS! And I can assure you, the belly and the bum were just as BAD.

Now, look!

any regrets out there April_13

Much better! I never thought I would be a 14 let alone a 10!

Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female
Number of posts : 2628

PostSubject: Re: any regrets out there   any regrets out there EmptyTue 08 May 2012, 4:33 am

Tammy not good about your friend,there is always something to worry about. I would love to get to a 12/14 to start with,i am a 16/18 just now.
Back to top Go down
steph11
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 436

PostSubject: Re: any regrets out there   any regrets out there EmptyTue 08 May 2012, 2:25 am

I love that Michelle, redirecting food money into the clothing budget! You must have had a brilliant day and how woderful to share such special and fun time with your daughter's!

I also love my sleeve, it is a tool not the entire answer, it's my companion in making better choices for myself. I love this new chapter in my life and I will never regret it!

I also did some shopping on the weekend, it was fantastic fun to pull out size 14's! down from 22's its a big change!

No regrets at all here....I am finally freeing myself from my miserable obsession with food, what a relief!

Steph

Last edited by steph11 on Tue 08 May 2012, 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Angelmystique
Top Poster
Top Poster
Angelmystique

Female
Number of posts : 1359
Registration date : 2012-02-20

PostSubject: Re: any regrets out there   any regrets out there EmptyTue 08 May 2012, 2:14 am

lol Michelle - size 10? omg i wish but thats not my body... but good on u!!! wolf whistles

i dont regret a thing.

My best buddy and usual diet bud is struggling - she did 3 days of opti and broke it - she has to have op to check for bowel cancer and needs to lose 20kg for the op. But she is struggling.

As we get older it gets harder for the body to lose. Our metobalism changes so we need to change it. I am still adjusting to my new intake and what kinds. Having no gall bladder or appendix my bodys aversion to fatty and sweet food is more dramatic than i had realised lol...

its a tool and not a weight loss answer. But I tell you its the best tool i have ever had!!
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female

PostSubject: Re: any regrets out there   any regrets out there EmptyTue 08 May 2012, 12:53 am

Lets see...
I went shopping at Witchery and Sportsgirl yesterday, and everything in size 10 fitted beautifully...hmmmm. I brought a gorgeous burgundy leather jacket at Sportsgirl, and a pure wool jumper in brown that serves as a dress over skinny leg tights and boots and a merino wool dress in caramel at Witchery on sale to go with my new leather boots that come to my knees in black and tan from Diana Ferrari.

Oh dear! I could only fit in 1/2 a full cream moccachino coffee with two marshmallows at coffee club when I had a break with my daughter!

Nope. No regrets here!

The money I save on food goes into my wardrobe!

any regrets out there 314541
Back to top Go down
Princess
Princess

Female
Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2012-03-19

PostSubject: Re: any regrets out there   any regrets out there EmptyMon 07 May 2012, 12:05 pm

Here here Cherry,

I couldn't have said it better. The first few weeks are really tough, and least of all from the physical point of view, but I am finding my journey is getting easier as the weeks pass. This is a great tool, but at the same time I am looking forward to all the swelling subsiding, so I can enjoy a social dinner that lasts beyond a couple of mouthfuls.

Overall though, I wholeheartedly believe that it is going to be totally worth it.. and I know that I am going to have to be good to my body so it will be good to me.
Back to top Go down
http://[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wM7T9Uz/]
CherryRipe
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2012-02-08

PostSubject: Re: any regrets out there   any regrets out there EmptyMon 07 May 2012, 1:54 am

I'm nearly six weeks out and, well I can't say I regret it, but I can't say I'm in love with it either. I'm kind of .... ummm....nonchalant about it. It hasn't been easy and emotional adjustment kind of took me by surprise. They say you don't really love it until 6 months post op. I'm looking forward to that. The weight is NOT dropping off me like it has been with some - in fact I lost more just doing optifast pre-op for a shorter period of time. It is a big adjustment and it is wise to go into this lifestyle change - and it IS permanent - with your eyes WIDE open. It is not all beer and skittles, the first few weeks ARE really hard.
Back to top Go down
chickaboomboom
chickaboomboom

Female
Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2011-11-30

PostSubject: Re: any regrets out there   any regrets out there EmptyMon 07 May 2012, 1:49 am

my only regret is that i didnt have the guts ( excuse the pun!) to do it earlier instead i took the "reversable" option and got a bloody band - BIG mistake - but now 3 months out althought my loss is slow compared to many i am loosing and that all i want !!!
Back to top Go down
Belle91

Female
Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2012-01-16

PostSubject: Re: any regrets out there   any regrets out there EmptySun 06 May 2012, 1:25 pm

I am 16 days post op. I don't regret my decision at all. Even though imy 21 I think it was a decision I had to make if I wanted to live a happy life.

I can't say I love it yet. Not sure I ever will. Although it has allowed me tk lose ten kilos already and so much more to come. I wish I could have lost the weight with out it. But I couldn't so this is te decision I made. I am just waiting for the time when I no longer have to worry about food.

Back to top Go down
shirleyb
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2011-04-02

PostSubject: Re: any regrets out there   any regrets out there EmptySun 06 May 2012, 12:28 pm

No way not at all.

Best thing I have done, it is easy. I had a band done and i thought that this was the best thing ever until, I realized that I couldn't eat much without either bringing it up, or not eating much at all!!!

But since I have had the sleeve done, I can eat anything that I like, and I KNOW when I have enough.
Great thing the sleeve, you will love it when you have been done.

It will change your life.
All the best for your journey.

Shirley
Back to top Go down
Jazziegirl
Jazziegirl

Female
Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2012-03-07

PostSubject: Re: any regrets out there   any regrets out there EmptySun 06 May 2012, 12:21 pm

12 days out and for the first 6 I regretted it. But I tell you I feel soooooo much better now and so in control. Don't ge me wrong I miss eating copious amounts of food but I don't miss the guilt after wards. I have lost 12 kilos and that's been in less than 4 weeks. I have had no problems at all. I can take fluid in without a problem .

I now loveeeeeeee my sleeve so much and cannot wait to see where this takes me

Wish I did this sooner
Back to top Go down
lilac
Part of the furniture
lilac

Female
Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2010-08-02

PostSubject: Re: any regrets out there   any regrets out there EmptyFri 04 May 2012, 9:34 am

Yes it's all fun and games until your sleeve starts to relax and lets the food through! Then it's back to the proverbial drawing board!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: any regrets out there   any regrets out there EmptyThu 03 May 2012, 4:36 pm

Two regrets:

1. That I did not have the money to do this sooner, and

2. Very infrequently when I am in the presence of truly excellent food, that I will have very little chance to taste all of it because of size limitations. I attended a banquet last week and truly left most of the food on the plate, even though it was not the typical American mega serving size.

Zoe
Back to top Go down
MarryMe60
MarryMe60

Female
Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2011-04-02

PostSubject: Re: any regrets out there   any regrets out there EmptySun 22 Apr 2012, 5:19 am

None whatsoever!! Best thing I ever did - loving the 'new' me!!
Back to top Go down
ozrick33
Part of the furniture
ozrick33

Male
Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2012-03-12

PostSubject: Re: any regrets out there   any regrets out there EmptyMon 09 Apr 2012, 11:49 pm

I lost 35 kilos on lite n easy some years ago. Put 25 of them back though. Maintaining it on replacement diet foods is a lousy option.

snowbunny wrote:
No regrets at all.
I reckon I had a good crack at weight loss on my own, but I just could not maintain the losses.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sydneyinsurancebroker.com.au
snowbunny
Part of the furniture
snowbunny

Female
Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2011-06-14

PostSubject: Re: any regrets out there   any regrets out there EmptyMon 09 Apr 2012, 12:09 pm

No regrets at all.
I reckon I had a good crack at weight loss on my own, but I just could not maintain the losses.
Back to top Go down
butterflyfallen
butterflyfallen

Female
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2011-04-22

PostSubject: Re: any regrets out there   any regrets out there EmptyMon 09 Apr 2012, 8:51 am

Nope!! i know if i hadnt have had it done 7 months ago i probably would have gained another 5kg in that time instead of having lost 40kg! Its definatly been the health boost i needed!
Back to top Go down
ozrick33
Part of the furniture
ozrick33

Male
Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2012-03-12

PostSubject: Re: any regrets out there   any regrets out there EmptyMon 09 Apr 2012, 8:45 am

44 kilos? That is fantastic!

janelou wrote:
My only regret is I waited until I was 40. Wished I'd been brave, not worried about everything that could of gone wrong and had the sleeve done a lot earlier. It was my 40th present to myself and it is the best thing I have ever done. I'm 44 kilos down and I'm VERY happy and satisfied. Like everyone else on here - I love my sleeve.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sydneyinsurancebroker.com.au
janelou
janelou

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-11-05

PostSubject: Re: any regrets out there   any regrets out there EmptyMon 09 Apr 2012, 6:10 am

My only regret is I waited until I was 40. Wished I'd been brave, not worried about everything that could of gone wrong and had the sleeve done a lot earlier. It was my 40th present to myself and it is the best thing I have ever done. I'm 44 kilos down and I'm VERY happy and satisfied. Like everyone else on here - I love my sleeve.
Back to top Go down
Bellshell
Part of the furniture
Bellshell

Female
Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2010-05-28

PostSubject: Re: any regrets out there   any regrets out there EmptyMon 09 Apr 2012, 5:07 am

I have no regrets in getting a sleeve done. It was the best thing I have ever done.

I am now 9 months out. And the thing that is really clear is, my sleeve is a tool. A wonderfull tool. After about 6 months out I found that like my presleeved days if I eat the wrong things and dont do any exercise I can put on weight.

I still have hormones and right before that time of month I have 2 days of a mental battle to not eat everything in sight. Granted it wouldnot be the quanties that I would have eaten in the past as I still can only fit 1/2 a cup to 3/4 of a cup of food in. I have still not had any hunger.

I love my sleeve. If someone told me I had to get it done again to stay like this I would line up and do it again no problem.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: thank you everyone for your positive comments I am at the very early stage on the road hopefully I will have the operation in the next few months    any regrets out there EmptyMon 09 Apr 2012, 1:56 am

bruiser wrote:
i am getting ready to have the gastric sleeve procedure with in the next couple of months and i am just really wondering does any one out there who's had this really regret having it done!!!! i was all ready to have it this procedure in 2011 and let family and friends talk me out of it but ive finally said im gonna do what i want to its my life!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: any regrets out there   any regrets out there EmptyMon 09 Apr 2012, 1:00 am

Submergency I too had concerns that the sleeve would let me down. I had tried so many things and everything failed. I even lost 35kg with Weight Watchers only to gain it and more when I had 3 foot operations in about 18 months. I am now 7 1/2 months post op and couldn't be happier. I am very close to my dream goal weight and have already passed my surgeons goal weight. A friend suggested I post a pic in my diary that she had seen on Facebook to show the before and after. I have to say it sat me on my arse. Seeing those pics side by side really made me realise how far I have come, what I have achieved and that the sleeve has most definitely not failed me. All this will happen for you too. My life is mine again and I can do whatever I want. Take that chance submergency, believe in yourself that you will succeed with your sleeve and you will have your life back. Taking that final leap is hard but it is worth it, so worth it. Good luck.

Kate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: any regrets out there   any regrets out there Empty

Back to top Go down

any regrets out there
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next