XL2S
Kate
newlifegirl
JAM
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

New from South Brisbane Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from South Brisbane   New from South Brisbane EmptyTue 08 May 2012, 12:12 am

Hey Strawberrychick,

I have PM'd you some more details which might make finding me on facebook easier. Hope you had a great long weekend. We went away to some lovely cabins in the Goomburra Valley and just relaxed on the deck or in front of the fire. I read a fantastic book "Is weight loss surgery right for you?" which gave me greater insight into WLS and confirmed for me that I was definately taking the right step.

Catch up soon.

Carolyn
Back to top Go down
Strawberrychick
Top Poster
Top Poster
Strawberrychick

Female
Number of posts : 1211
Registration date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: New from South Brisbane   New from South Brisbane EmptyFri 04 May 2012, 8:58 am

Hi Afterglow! Just wanted to say hi. I did try to find you on Facebook hon but i couldn't find you. Feel free to send me a friend invite if you like :)

Hope all is well in your world and I'm looking forward to chatting again at the next catch up!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New from South Brisbane   New from South Brisbane EmptyThu 03 May 2012, 3:56 am

Hi Renee and thanks for the update.

I hope you are feeling better today.

Take care and we look forward to seeing the new slimmer you in 3 weeksNew from South Brisbane 65317

Carolyn
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

PostSubject: so pleased to hear from you   New from South Brisbane EmptyWed 02 May 2012, 8:12 am

Hi Renee

I am so pleased to hear that it all went well. Try and relax and look after yourself.

Hugs

Glenys
Back to top Go down
renee_summers
renee_summers

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2012-04-21

PostSubject: Surgery done   New from South Brisbane EmptyWed 02 May 2012, 7:18 am

Hey ladies surgery is all done and dusted! Feeling pretty average after being released from hospital just after lunch today. Nothing some rest and relax won't fix. Just want to say a massive thank you too all your beautiful kind words and thoughts whilst enduring this process was such a timing thing meeting with you all on the Saturday prior to my surgery. Well just wanted to touch base and say hey, let ya know I'm doing ok, looking forward to see you all in 3 weeks
Renee New from South Brisbane 446871
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New from South Brisbane   New from South Brisbane EmptyMon 30 Apr 2012, 11:19 pm

Hey XL2S, not too stressed about prebooking as he reckons he will be able to get me in 2 weeks after my review so will still be a June sleever...as they say good things take time. Was lovely meeting you on Saturday New from South Brisbane 362526
Back to top Go down
XL2S
Part of the furniture
XL2S

Female
Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2012-02-24

PostSubject: Re: New from South Brisbane   New from South Brisbane EmptyMon 30 Apr 2012, 9:45 am

Yeah for you!, glad you went with somebody you felt comfortable with! New from South Brisbane 65317

just wondering if you can pre book your surgery in?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New from South Brisbane   New from South Brisbane EmptyMon 30 Apr 2012, 5:40 am

Hi everyone,

I have changed surgeons after seeing Dr Daoud on Friday. He seems very thorough, and extremely experienced and knowledgeable. He wants to do an endoscopy before sleeving to check that my years of GORD haven't caused any damage first. I am still hoping to be sleeved in June as my review date is 1st June and I will only need 2 weeks on Optifast prior to surgery. Hope everyone is travelling well New from South Brisbane 598926
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New from South Brisbane   New from South Brisbane EmptyMon 23 Apr 2012, 6:52 am

Testing ticker...6 weeks until surgery!
Back to top Go down
Strawberrychick
Top Poster
Top Poster
Strawberrychick

Female

PostSubject: Re: New from South Brisbane   New from South Brisbane EmptyThu 12 Apr 2012, 5:18 am

Thanks for the kind thoughts, Afterglow! It's lovely of you. I'll let you know how I go.

I'm happy to meet up anytime for a chat and a coffee...erm...a sip of water! lol. Just PM me if you'd like to and we can hang out and have a chat. It'll have to be after I recover from surgery on the 16th though! Maybe if we're both at the Brissie catch up in a couple of weeks we can swap contact details then :)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New from South Brisbane   New from South Brisbane EmptyThu 12 Apr 2012, 2:05 am

Hi Strawberrychick,

All the best for your surgery next week. Please let me know how it all goes. Who would of thought going through such a life changing proceedure would lead to finding such a great support group and new friends. I have to admit that since I moved to Australia from New Zealand 5 years ago I have found it very difficult meeting new people as I work in a male dominated industry and my weight has prevented me from going out much.

Thanks for the heads up Jane, I will definately check out meeting and put my name forward.
Back to top Go down
JAM
JAM

Female
Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2011-09-06

PostSubject: Re: New from South Brisbane   New from South Brisbane EmptyMon 09 Apr 2012, 1:22 pm

Hi Carolyn

Just thought I'd let you know that Glenmaree has organised a meet n greet for Saturday 28th you can find the details under the following: All about You! :: Sleever's Get Togethers Brisbane South Meet Up

Cheers Jane
Back to top Go down
http://[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Strawberrychick
Top Poster
Top Poster
Strawberrychick

Female

PostSubject: Re: New from South Brisbane   New from South Brisbane EmptySat 07 Apr 2012, 3:00 am

Hi Afterglow!

I'm in Brissie too and around the same age and starting weight as you. I'm going with Dr George Hopkins who I just love, he is based at Chermside and also the Wesley I think, and I have heard nothing but very positive reports about him. (Free parking there too lol)

I'm getting sleeved on 16th April. As for people not understanding, my family is pretty pleased about it but I haven't really told many friends at all. I'm not sure why, it's just not something I feel too comfortable with for some reason.

Wishing you all the best and I'm very keen to catch up and meet some Brisbane people too. I'm on the inner-city southside.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New from South Brisbane   New from South Brisbane EmptyFri 30 Mar 2012, 2:07 am

Thanks Jane, I have read your diary...sounds like things have gone relatively smoothly. I have taken your contact details and will give you call at some stage, probably after Easter now.

Hi Val, thank you for your feedback on Dr Greenslade...he is receiving some very good comments and recommendations. Perhaps on the day of my appointment I wasn't relaxed enough to take full advantage of our time (parking at Greenslopes was a nightmare - I didn't even think to bring cash so had to locate some limited parking on road).

I didn't help that my husband totally freaked that night when I told him I has decided to get sleeved not banded. He has calmed down a bit since but I know he is still a bit concerned about me having 80% of my stomach removed. Has anyone else had issues with friends and family not understanding their decision?
Back to top Go down
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-11-15

PostSubject: Re: New from South Brisbane   New from South Brisbane EmptyWed 28 Mar 2012, 9:24 am

Hi Afterglow

Another Justin Greenslade girl here.

Justin is an excellent surgeon, and I would highly recommend him to anyone.

I was sleeved last Tuedsay by him, and are over the moon with his service. Brenda his Secreatry has also been sleeved by Justin.

Go with your heart and good luck choosing your Surgeon.
Back to top Go down
JAM
JAM

Female
Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2011-09-06

PostSubject: Re: New from South Brisbane   New from South Brisbane EmptyWed 28 Mar 2012, 7:34 am

Hi Carolyn

I have private messaged you (inbox) my contact information and to see how I have gone post op have a look see at my diary (the link is below) Im a shocker at updating but I try to capture all the highs and lows when I do update.

Hi Glenmaree - love the idea of Southsider group! Im just down the road from you at Loganholme. Happy to PM my contact info if you want it

cheers Jane
Back to top Go down
http://[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

PostSubject: Re: New from South Brisbane   New from South Brisbane EmptyTue 27 Mar 2012, 11:58 pm

Hello gottarhyme and thank you for your greeting.

All the best with the surgery today Chelle! I look forward to hearing of your progress.

Glenmaree, I would definately be interested in establishing a Southside group as I rarely get to the Northside or Gold Coast.

I have been very impressed with Dr Daoud's office so far. Receptionist extremely friendly and helpful, and sent me a questionaire to fill in and post back before my appointment. Covers lifestyle, health and history questions which makes me think the surgeon will review my case before meeting with me. I have to admit although Dr Greenslade was professional and approachable, the appointment was over in a flash and I left feeling I didn't get all the answers I needed or having my case reviewed thorougly. Maybe this was partly my fault as I went in appearing confident, already knowing I wanted the sleeve over the band.
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: New from South Brisbane   New from South Brisbane EmptyTue 27 Mar 2012, 12:55 pm

Hello and welcome, afterglow!
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

PostSubject: southside of Brisbane   New from South Brisbane EmptyTue 27 Mar 2012, 11:32 am

Hi Everyone

I was sleeved in Sept 2011 at the Gold Coast so have attended a Gold Coast meet up. However, I live just outside of Beenleigh on the southside. Would anyone be interested in catching up. I am happy to organise a get together and if enough are interested we could develop a southside group.

G
Back to top Go down
XL2S
Part of the furniture
XL2S

Female

PostSubject: Re: New from South Brisbane   New from South Brisbane EmptyTue 27 Mar 2012, 11:10 am

Thank you Afterglow, will let you know how I go!
Back to top Go down
Chelle13
Part of the furniture
Chelle13

Female
Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2012-03-07

PostSubject: Re: New from South Brisbane   New from South Brisbane EmptyTue 27 Mar 2012, 11:08 am

Hi Afterglow,

I to am having my sleeve done tomorrow. My surgeon is Dr Nicholas O'Rourke at the Wesley. Everyone I have spoken to speak very highly of him. He was great in our appointments. As far as I can tell I am the first one on here to be done by Dr O'Rourke. He worked with Dr George Hopkins who is a well known weightloss surgeon.

I agree that chosing who you feel comfortable with. All the best with your decision.

Chelle
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New from South Brisbane   New from South Brisbane EmptyTue 27 Mar 2012, 10:52 am

Hi guys, sorry it has taken me so long to reply.

Good luck with you surgery tomorrow XL2S...I will be interested to know how you get along.

Thanks for your words of wisdom Kate.

Paula, have you been to see Dr Greenslade yet? It is a huge decision as our lives will never be the same again. I sometimes worry things will go wrong but then there are so many positive stories on this site that I think the benefits will outweigh the risks. I am so looking forward to starting the journey and being able to do things I haven't done in such a long time.

Jane, how are things going post-op? I would definately be keen to meet up and discuss at some stage.

Carolyn
Back to top Go down
XL2S
Part of the furniture
XL2S

Female

PostSubject: Re: New from South Brisbane   New from South Brisbane EmptyMon 26 Mar 2012, 11:11 am

hello afterglow,

Welcome! I am being sleeved this Wednesday by Dr Justin Greenslade, there are a few of us on here. Sorry don't know the other dr.

Good idea to meet up with both, I also met up with two drs and chose who I felt most comfortable with.

Best of luck let us know how you go!
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: New from South Brisbane   New from South Brisbane EmptyWed 21 Mar 2012, 1:06 pm

Hi Afterglow and welcome to the forum. I don't know of the Doctors you are seeing but there is a topic that has most Doctors listed and sleevers have left messages based on their experiences with them. It might pay to have a read of this and see what others think. It all comes down to how you feel personally and who you are comfortable with. Any questions that you can't find the answers to just ask away, someone here will be able to help you out. Good luck with everything.

Kate
Back to top Go down
newlifegirl
newlifegirl

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2012-03-09

PostSubject: Re: New from South Brisbane   New from South Brisbane EmptyWed 21 Mar 2012, 4:45 am

Hi Afterglow

I'm thinking about getting the sleeve done to I already know somebody who's had the sleeve done by by Dr Greenslade so I was thinking of going with him to.

Its such a big decision I've been over weight all my life and have done every diet known to man I am currently 140 Kg which is not good when your only 160 cm lol

anyway good luck Let us know how you go

Paula
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New from South Brisbane   New from South Brisbane Empty

Back to top Go down

New from South Brisbane
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next