Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hi from NSW South Coast :)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Hi from NSW South Coast :) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from NSW South Coast :)   Hi from NSW South Coast :) EmptyWed 25 Apr 2012, 1:01 am

Hi FrogPrinces,

you will find this site very supportive and informative, I haven't been sleeved yet and have had a lot of my questions and concerns answered by either asking questions or reading others threads. Often there is something to lighten your mood if your feeling a bit apprehensive, there are also great strategies on how to deal with those around us that think we should just be able to loose weight without surgery.

Good luck with your journey to a healthier you.
Back to top Go down
FrogPrincess
FrogPrincess

Female
Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2012-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Hi from NSW South Coast :)   Hi from NSW South Coast :) EmptyTue 24 Apr 2012, 11:42 pm

Thanks for the welcome :)

Looks like my plans will be delayed now as my partner will be working away from home for a month from 29 May :( so I won't be able to have surgery on may 30. Bit of a bummer as I'm really ready to do this!

Anyway, at least it makes my decision on a surgeon easier, I was mainly considering Dr G at Canberra because the clinic is slightly closer and he could do it much sooner. Now I can't get it done till after the end of June anyway, so the wait for Dr Talbot isn't an issue. And with the money I save, I can buy myself some new clothes when mine start to fall off me down the track :)

KimK - no I hadn't heard of Dr Budak, I will check him out, thanks.

MissMelly - I considered Dr J, but I like the idea of only having to travel to Wollongong for consults & follow up which is why I chose Dr Talbot :)
Back to top Go down
NormalNow
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2011-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Hi from NSW South Coast :)   Hi from NSW South Coast :) EmptyTue 24 Apr 2012, 10:23 am

Hi frog princess, welcome.

I'm in the Illawarra and was sleeved in Feb.

In regards to surgeons, have you considered Dr budak.

He's on crown st in Wollongong and operates at figtree private.

Back to top Go down
ozrick33
Part of the furniture
ozrick33

Male
Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2012-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Hi from NSW South Coast :)   Hi from NSW South Coast :) EmptyMon 23 Apr 2012, 2:23 am

Hi Frogprincess. What a great gift you are giving yourself. I am sure in time your kids will see it as a great gift for themselves because you will most likely be adding years to your life and also have a lot more energy. The forums here have been a real godsend. Full of useful information and support. All the best with your exciting journey.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sydneyinsurancebroker.com.au
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Hi from NSW South Coast :)   Hi from NSW South Coast :) EmptyMon 23 Apr 2012, 12:40 am

Hi FrogPrincess and welcome to the forum. I too battled with my weight for 20 years and at my heaviest was 123kg. Good on you for taking control of your life and health by having sleeve surgery. There is thread about surgeons and I think most of them are listed with everyone's experiences with the surgeon they chose. Might pay to have a read there. Good luck with everything.

Kate
Back to top Go down
MissMelly
Part of the furniture
MissMelly

Female
Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2012-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Hi from NSW South Coast :)   Hi from NSW South Coast :) EmptySun 22 Apr 2012, 10:33 pm

morning FrogPrincess

Congratulations on making this tough decision, I too am on the south coast living in Berry and I was sleeved 7 weeks ago and everything is going great. My decision with which surgeon was easier as my friend was sleeved by Dr John Jorgenson at St George Private 3 years ago and I had seen her great results also my sister in law works for Dr Richard Harrison in Wagga and she got him to give me a list of surgeon he would recommend.

I too have also struggled with my weight since I was about 20 and can lose weight with major effort but never seem to lose more than 20-30 kilos and that would take me 2 years of constant effort and watching every bite that goes into my mouth. I have lost 17 kg since the op and it has never been easier.

PM me if you have any questions I and everyone else on this forum are happy to help.
Melissa
Back to top Go down
FrogPrincess
FrogPrincess

Female
Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2012-04-21

PostSubject: Hi from NSW South Coast :)   Hi from NSW South Coast :) EmptySun 22 Apr 2012, 10:22 pm

Hello, I'm FrogPrincess from NSW South Coast. I'm currently 116kg, 166cm tall, and almost 40 years old. Look forward to chatting with you all & apologies in advance for any stupid questions!

Have struggled with my weight for over 20 years, I can lose weight when I hyperfocus on it, but can never keep it off. My heighest weight was 125kg at the end of 2010. Since then I lost 15kg but have put another 6 back on since last November. Enough is enough! No more yo-yo-ing! I'm sick of being so fat. I'm sick of my constant back pain & aching joints, plantar fasciitis, sleep apnoea and not being able to dress the way I want to. I have 2 young children and I want to be an active, healthier role model for them.

I've been looking into WLS for 3.5 years and have finally come to a decision to be sleeved. This is my 40th birthday present to myself, to prevent getting diabetes, heart disease or stroke.

I decided on the sleeve after my 1st meeting with surgeon and dietician last week. I tend to be an emotional snacker & self saboteur, which I am working through with my psych. But I worry that I will find ways around the band & sabotage my success. I also hate the thought of food getting stuck and the higher risk of PBing with the band. I know I still have to be careful with the sleeve but I think it will suit me best. Plus I live 2.5 hours from the nearest surgeon, so having fewer follow up visits is better for me.

The biggest decision I now face is which surgeon to choose. I really want to get this surgery ASAP now that I've made the decision. Canberra Bariatric (nearest surgeon to me) charges $2000 more than Dr Talbot who I could see in Wollongong (next nearest), but Dr Gananadha could do my surgery on 30 May whereas I can't even see Dr Talbot's team for 1st consult till 11 May with surgery probably unlikely till July at the earliest. I hear wonderful things about Dr T and St George Hospital but have heard that Dr G and Calvary Hospital are great too.

Anyway the next step for me is to get early release of super funds for the out of pocket costs to get that sorted out, and in the meantime ill decide on my surgeon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi from NSW South Coast :)   Hi from NSW South Coast :) Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi from NSW South Coast :)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: