AuthorMessage
JPC
Part of the furniture
JPC

Female
Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2012-05-13

Hi from South Australia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from South Australia   Hi from South Australia EmptySat 14 Jul 2012, 5:40 am

Hi Jen,

Welcome to the forum. I'm still waiting for my sleeve (Less than 4 weeks to go) so I am probably not in a good positin to say how things go. However, you will find everyone on this site really willing to share stories, including the highs and lows.

Whatever you decide, the power is in your hands to make it work. Everyone says to sleeve is a tool to help loose the weight, not the total answer.

Good luck with your journey.

Cheers, Janet
Back to top Go down
jen003
jen003

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Hi from South Australia   Hi from South Australia EmptySat 14 Jul 2012, 4:25 am

Hi sssss, thanks for your welcome. Hi from South Australia 355206
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Hi from South Australia   Hi from South Australia EmptyFri 13 Jul 2012, 1:40 pm

Hi Jen....

Welcome to the site. It sounds that you, like many of us, have had a very long battle with your weight. I would suggest you take advantage of the many stories and gems and nuggets of information to find out more About the sleeve and whether it might be something you should look further into.

Good luck with the next stage of your journey...whatever direction it goes in,

S
Back to top Go down
jen003
jen003

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-07-12

PostSubject: Hi from South Australia   Hi from South Australia EmptyThu 12 Jul 2012, 2:13 pm

Hi, my name's Jen. I had my stomach stapled in 1996 and went from 113kg to 83kg. My weight then crept back up to 95kg and I had gastric banding in 2001. Overall this has been very successful. The lowest weight I got to was 58kg in June 2011. I had about 8ml in at that point. I really loved my weight then and loved being in size 10 clothes. I was vomiting a lot and lying about it to my surgeon (saying no if he asked me if I was vomiting). Amazingly, my vitamin levels were always ok. Most of all I found the night reflux very frightening. One of my daughters was frightened of me vomiting and having the night reflux and I had all my liquid out, largely to please her, but also because I felt very confident that I could maintain my weight with willpower. As a result I've put on about 20kg over the last year or so. I'm currently about 81kg.

I want to find out about the sleeve. I can't get my head in the right place long enough to keep my weight down with willpower (or indeed lose this 20kg that I've put on!) but I don't want to go back to reflux. Somehow, not having my band quite so tight, say 5ml, didn't work either. I would still eat to the point of vomiting and the weight wouldn't come off/stay off.

By the way, I've just noticed on the left it says the date of my sleeve surgery but I haven't had it done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi from South Australia   Hi from South Australia Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi from South Australia
Page 1 of 1