15 posters
AuthorMessage
MollysMummy
MollysMummy

Female
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2009-09-28

New and been lurking - South Aus Empty
PostSubject: Re: New and been lurking - South Aus   New and been lurking - South Aus EmptyTue 27 Oct 2009, 11:55 pm

I didn't have to have an endoscopy. But if it's anything like a colonoscopy, it's nothing to be worried about. They give you really good drugs, you have a nice sleep, and before you know it they are telling you it's all over. Thats all there is to it.
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: New and been lurking - South Aus   New and been lurking - South Aus EmptyTue 27 Oct 2009, 11:28 pm

Hi pappy,
No not everyone has an endoscopy but most do.
It is to check out the stomach and also I believe that they check for hernias as well. They just need to make sure that all is OK before they start the surgery.

Cheers Gail
Back to top Go down
mum23

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-10-23

PostSubject: re; new and lurking- sa   New and been lurking - South Aus EmptyTue 27 Oct 2009, 10:52 pm

hi and welcome, i am a newbie and i too have been lurking as well ...nrth qld. i read you have been for a endoscopy .. does everyone have one and what actually is it for wow
Back to top Go down
leah
leah

Female
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-09-16

PostSubject: Re: New and been lurking - South Aus   New and been lurking - South Aus EmptyTue 27 Oct 2009, 12:20 pm

Yay, one more step closer, look forward to taking the journey with you Donna, at least we have the support of each other at work as well

well done girl New and been lurking - South Aus 65317 New and been lurking - South Aus 120705
Back to top Go down
Adelaide_Jo
Part of the furniture
Adelaide_Jo

Female
Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2009-04-10

PostSubject: Re: New and been lurking - South Aus   New and been lurking - South Aus EmptyTue 27 Oct 2009, 9:03 am

Excellent news Donna...are you doing a pre-op diet at all?
Back to top Go down
Donna74
Donna74

Female
Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-09-11

PostSubject: Re: New and been lurking - South Aus   New and been lurking - South Aus EmptyTue 27 Oct 2009, 8:53 am

Well i had my endoscopy today all went well now one step closer to the big day!!!
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: New and been lurking - South Aus   New and been lurking - South Aus EmptyThu 22 Oct 2009, 8:40 am

I hope you can make it to the get together. The more the merrier. It's great to see the 'long timers' who look absolutely fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Adelaide_Jo
Part of the furniture
Adelaide_Jo

Female

PostSubject: Re: New and been lurking - South Aus   New and been lurking - South Aus EmptyWed 21 Oct 2009, 8:33 pm

Donna..there's an Adelaide get together this Saturday at Semaphore..check the Sleevers GetTogethers page. I see you have a dietician appt but maybe you can make it.

Cheers Jo
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: New and been lurking - South Aus   New and been lurking - South Aus EmptyWed 21 Oct 2009, 5:04 am

OMG how quick is that......WTG New and been lurking - South Aus 446871
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female

PostSubject: Re: New and been lurking - South Aus   New and been lurking - South Aus EmptyWed 21 Oct 2009, 1:54 am

Hi Donna,
That is absolutely fantastic !!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations the next three weeks will fly by.

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
pf337

Female
Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: New and been lurking - South Aus   New and been lurking - South Aus EmptyWed 21 Oct 2009, 12:45 am

Welcome from the USA. This is a great journey and I am glad you will be joining us. Love, TTS. tiny tummy society. haha
Back to top Go down
Donna74
Donna74

Female

PostSubject: I have a date wooohooo   New and been lurking - South Aus EmptyTue 20 Oct 2009, 9:34 pm

Just an update i saw Dr yesterday and he has booked me in for endoscopy on the 27th Oct and then for surgery on the 10th Nov so only 3 weeks away...can't wait to start my journey. New and been lurking - South Aus 369315 I have an appt with dietitian on Saturday 24th. I am so excited New and been lurking - South Aus 427584
thank you to everyone for there great posts..
And i look forward to going on this journey with Leah as we work side by side will be great to have that support for each other....
Can't wait
Back to top Go down
redrooter99
Part of the furniture
redrooter99

Female
Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: New and been lurking - South Aus   New and been lurking - South Aus EmptyMon 12 Oct 2009, 6:44 am

welcome,

this place is great, .......as youve already worked out, good lck
Back to top Go down
http://redrooter.blogspot.com/
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: New and been lurking - South Aus   New and been lurking - South Aus EmptySun 11 Oct 2009, 1:39 am

Hi Donna and welcome.

I am also waiting for my first appointment....this coming Friday, I can't wait!
Back to top Go down
Countrygirl
Part of the furniture
Countrygirl

Female
Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: New and been lurking - South Aus   New and been lurking - South Aus EmptySat 10 Oct 2009, 10:22 am

Hello and Welcome.

It is a bit like a cruise ship. Everyone on here is wanting to be on the same journey. Reminds me of when the family went on a cruise from LA to Mexico. Everyone on board was on holidays so there were no grumpy people or nastiness. Everyone there was out for a good time, all with the same thoughts in mind. Thats what this place is like. Everyone is so helpful and considerate and genuine. We love to hear each others stories. Bit like a mob of sticky beaks but in a good way. So nothings off limits, talk about what you want and ask lots of questions.
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female

PostSubject: Re: New and been lurking - South Aus   New and been lurking - South Aus EmptySat 10 Oct 2009, 9:34 am

Hi and Welcome aboard,
Please ensure that your seatbelt is fastened for take off and your tray is in the upright position.
Woops sorry wrong message.
Have a great time here and make sure that you keep us informed so that we can be on board for the count down.
Cheers Gail.
Back to top Go down
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female
Number of posts : 1884
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: Re: New and been lurking - South Aus   New and been lurking - South Aus EmptySat 10 Oct 2009, 9:13 am

Heya Donna,
Welcome and hope you have a good appointment and look forward to hearing about your journey!!
Back to top Go down
Adelaide_Jo
Part of the furniture
Adelaide_Jo

Female

PostSubject: Re: New and been lurking - South Aus   New and been lurking - South Aus EmptySat 10 Oct 2009, 5:19 am

Hey Donna,

Great to have you on board. Gosh I sound like we're going on a plane or a cruise, I wish !

I hope you enjoy reading everyones stories, they are very informative and just about any question can be answered here on the forum.

I am being sleeved by Dr France on 30/11...bring it on I say. My Mum was sleeved by him 2 years ago, you wouldn't know that she had the procedure, except that she eats in smaller quantities oh and she is now 35kgs lighter !

Look forward to keeping track of your progress.

Cheers Jo
Back to top Go down
CheekyBugger
Part of the furniture
CheekyBugger

Male
Number of posts : 561
Registration date : 2009-05-11

PostSubject: Re: New and been lurking - South Aus   New and been lurking - South Aus EmptyThu 01 Oct 2009, 11:49 am

Hey!!

god to see you about on here!

This place is great so take it easy and it will fall into place....
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: New and been lurking - South Aus   New and been lurking - South Aus EmptyThu 01 Oct 2009, 11:21 am

Hello Donna,

I hope you have a good appointment with Dr Leong. I'm sure he'll fit you in pretty quickly if you want it.

Keep reading everyones posts and diaries as they are full of heaps of information.

New and been lurking - South Aus 217555
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: New and been lurking - South Aus   New and been lurking - South Aus EmptyThu 01 Oct 2009, 10:42 am

Welcome Donna.... looking forward to reading your posts...... New and been lurking - South Aus 542174
Back to top Go down
newlife
Part of the furniture
newlife

Female
Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: New and been lurking - South Aus   New and been lurking - South Aus EmptyThu 01 Oct 2009, 10:26 am

Welcome Donna and good luck with your appointment.
Back to top Go down
Donna74
Donna74

Female

PostSubject: New and been lurking - South Aus   New and been lurking - South Aus EmptyThu 01 Oct 2009, 9:49 am

New and been lurking - South Aus 355206 to everyone
i have been lurking around on here for a few weeks now and have learnt a lot already and i am sure i will learn a lot more.
I have my first appointment with Dr Leong on the 20th October can't wait... New and been lurking - South Aus 65317
I have really enjoying ready everyone's stories and will continue to read on...
Well look forward to chatting to everyone a bit more
Donna
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New and been lurking - South Aus   New and been lurking - South Aus Empty

Back to top Go down

New and been lurking - South Aus
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: