7 posters
AuthorMessage
helens
helens

Female
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-05-23

newbie from South OZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: newbie from South OZ   newbie from South OZ EmptyWed 01 Jun 2011, 12:28 pm

Hi Bellabean,

I am getting my op on Tue 7th June, in Perth, so am at nearly the same stage as you, one day ahead I think.
I cant believe how nervous I am, not about the surgery, I dont care about that, I know I will be unaware of whats happening, it when I wake up!!!!! Know I will have pain button to press, so that should be OK, but cant stop thinking how it will be when I come home..............I have had a hystorectomy, and my Dr said that would have been more painful than the sleeve will be, so here's hoping.

How we can stay in contact over the next 6 days and try and help each other get through the wait.

newbie from South OZ 65317
Back to top Go down
sweetsleever
sweetsleever

Female
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2011-05-16

PostSubject: Re: newbie from South OZ   newbie from South OZ EmptyWed 01 Jun 2011, 12:05 pm

Welcome welcome... and good luck...

I am also thinking the same things along with 99.99% of people on here. All will be good and congrats on taking the plunge.

How are you going with the opti diet?

S
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: newbie from South OZ   newbie from South OZ EmptyWed 01 Jun 2011, 11:14 am

Welcome, Bellabean!

I hope everything goes well for you. It is a different journey for us all, and it is the BEST thing I have EVER done for my health!
Back to top Go down
spoggy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2479
Registration date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: hello from spoggy in Melbourne   newbie from South OZ EmptyWed 01 Jun 2011, 11:04 am

Hello, everyone is different with their recovery rate, but I am sureyou will be able to adapt when you get home. I was nervious and excited at the same time before the op, which is a strange mixture of emotions but it worked fine. I have lost 39kg in 7 1/2months diabetes and high bp is gone. So exciting!!

I am sure you will be ok. Look forward to hearing from you, especially when you are on the other side. Drop into chat and have a yak. It will make you feel better.
Back to top Go down
loving it.....77
loving it.....77

Female
Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2010-12-12

PostSubject: Re: newbie from South OZ   newbie from South OZ EmptyTue 31 May 2011, 1:21 pm

hi bellabean......i had my op on the wed afternoon, and was fine by sat, sun....i have 3 girls as well...9, 6 and 2......so i no how your feeling,
but also i didnt have any nausea, so was pretty well back to normal...as soon as i got some opti into me i felt so much better.....which is weird cos i didnt think i would ever be drinking it again, but it kinda saved me in the first 2 weeks.....good luck and take care
Back to top Go down
Tash
Top Poster
Top Poster
Tash

Female
Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2011-03-30

PostSubject: Re: newbie from South OZ   newbie from South OZ EmptyTue 31 May 2011, 5:54 am

Hello Bellabean
I am being sleeved tomorrow. Welcome and join us on the June sleevers list if you like here: http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/t6025-june-2011#147710
Congratulations on taking the plunge and All the best for an easy op and recovery.

hugs xxx
Back to top Go down
Bellabean
Bellabean

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-05-31

PostSubject: newbie from South OZ   newbie from South OZ EmptyTue 31 May 2011, 5:30 am

Hi,
I have been looking at this site on and of for 6mths and finally got the courage to write something. I am due to be sleeved by Dr France in Adelaide in 7 days time and I am getting really nervous and second guessing my self. I currenlty have a BMI of 35 and I am 35kg above my ideal weight. I have been over weight since my teenage years and have had enough. I am worried about making it through surgery, which is silly I know. I was wondering how people recover that first week. I have 3 children and am hoping that I can go about doing normal things for them by day 4 or 5. Is this completely unrealistic???? Does everyone have these thoughts. I love the support everyone gets on here. I think this site will become general reading while I am in hospital and great motivation to get moving when I am home.
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: newbie from South OZ   newbie from South OZ Empty

Back to top Go down

newbie from South OZ
Page 1 of 1