134 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
shazza73

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Hair Loss - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Post Surgery Hair loss   Hair Loss - Page 8 EmptyWed 20 Aug 2008, 1:52 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi has anyone experienced hair loss since there surgery and weight loss
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
go girl

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-06-05

Hair Loss - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Hair Loss   Hair Loss - Page 8 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2010, 6:31 am

Hiya

I am 3 months post surgery and have lost 20kg which I am stoked about, but am now having hair loss isues. Its falling out so much, when I brush and especially when I wash my hair. I remember reading somewhere months ago about vitamins which people have recomended so please is there anyone out there with some suggestions.

Also does anyone know of a good multivitamin to take that is not toooo expensive. Was taking the supradyn but tastes pretty awefull and is hard for me to get down so am only taking it every few days and I am sure my body needs it more than that.

Thanks so much for your help
cheers
Gina
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

Hair Loss - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss - Page 8 EmptyThu 14 Jan 2010, 4:11 am

There are many vitamins and nutrients that your body needs in order to produce healthy hair. If any of these are lacking, your hair shafts can become weak resulting in hair loss.
Back to top Go down
dreamgirl

Female
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-12-23

Hair Loss - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss - Page 8 EmptyThu 14 Jan 2010, 3:08 am

Thanx to all for your help.
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

Hair Loss - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss - Page 8 EmptyWed 13 Jan 2010, 1:25 pm

Sorry apple..don't fully agree with you.... rapid weightloss can cause hairloss due to lack of nutrients/protein and the shock to the body due to the surgery. So if you don't eat properly or take multivitamins (which are both recommended by surgeons who do this procedure) your hairloss might be more significant than someone who eats more protein and is on supplements.... yes it will correct itself over a few months but may take longer if you don't take supplements or eat properly..... but alas everyone on here has their own opinion which is fine!...... Hair Loss - Page 8 63412

applesauce wrote:
hair loss has zipo to do with a sleeve. 2 things do they are the general and to a lesser degree rapid weight loss. everybody suffers to different degrees and how bad it is just depends on your own makeup. it is worse between 2 and 4 months but can go on longer. Think how you hair reacted after you had a baby and how your friends reacted. Some lost like nothing others lost half their hair. It is the luck of the draw.

everybody has their own idea how on to treat it. most think they are getting results with these ideas but the reality is it is TIME that is actually fixing it. But hey if makes you feel better sucking down extra protien or rubbing in chook poo because that is what you belive is working and it make you feel better go for it.
Back to top Go down
pf337

Female
Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Hair Loss - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss - Page 8 EmptyWed 13 Jan 2010, 12:20 pm

Around month two i got very concerned because i read about so many having hairloss during month 4. I came across AG Pro. It is great. So I started AG Pro before the hair loss began. I did have hair loss during months 4-6 but my doc said it was nothing compared to most who have had fast weight loss. She was soo impressed she started telling others who had weight loss surgery to use AG Pro. I was having a hard time getting all my protein in and everybody kept just saying get that protein. I was thinking I AM TRYING BUT MY TINY TUMMY WAS FULL. I also drank muscle milk. Maybe around month 7 i stopped the AG Pro.....soon after i saw my doctor and hair dresser, they BOTH ask if i had stopped the AG Pro.......They noticed a big change....in hair nails skin and over all looks........I was thin but not glowing......I stared back and since my doc, hairdresser, husband and children have noticed a change. I can tell everytime I blow dry my hair. My hair is much stronger and it does not feel like straw. Give it a try. Think you can get it online....I can get it at target and walmart.
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

Hair Loss - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss - Page 8 EmptyWed 13 Jan 2010, 11:39 am

I'm glad you think that as well Applesauce. I don't think anything makes a difference with hair loss. You just have to 'ride the wave' so to speak.
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Hair Loss - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss - Page 8 EmptyWed 13 Jan 2010, 11:26 am

hair loss has zipo to do with a sleeve. 2 things do they are the general and to a lesser degree rapid weight loss. everybody suffers to different degrees and how bad it is just depends on your own makeup. it is worse between 2 and 4 months but can go on longer. Think how you hair reacted after you had a baby and how your friends reacted. Some lost like nothing others lost half their hair. It is the luck of the draw.

everybody has their own idea how on to treat it. most think they are getting results with these ideas but the reality is it is TIME that is actually fixing it. But hey if makes you feel better sucking down extra protien or rubbing in chook poo because that is what you belive is working and it make you feel better go for it.
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

Hair Loss - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss - Page 8 EmptyWed 13 Jan 2010, 11:24 am

Yep, my hair is falling out by the handfuls also. I'm at week 17 and I have been losing for a few weeks. Again, I have thick hair so i'm not too worried. I wonder, for all the people that took vitamins extra protein etc did it stop the hair loss?
Back to top Go down
tamayles
Part of the furniture
tamayles

Female
Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Hair Loss - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss - Page 8 EmptyWed 13 Jan 2010, 10:53 am

My hair is falling out too.....what seems like handfuls at times when I wash it.

I like Tamara had really think hair, so am not too concerned about it as I had sooo much hair to start with.

From what I've read it's mainly at around 4 - 6 months.

I just try and concentrate on getting my protien in.
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

Hair Loss - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss - Page 8 EmptyWed 13 Jan 2010, 10:38 am

one word..... protein..... and more of it!
Back to top Go down
Tamara
Part of the furniture
Tamara

Female
Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Hair Loss - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss - Page 8 EmptyWed 13 Jan 2010, 9:21 am

I suffered from hair loss in the early months, it was especially bad from about 2 - 6 months.
Some people have tried different vitamins and supplements to try and slow the hair loss, I never bothered as I have thick hair (the one and only time I have ever been grateful for the mass if hair I have).
Back to top Go down
dreamgirl

Female
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-12-23

Hair Loss - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Loss of hair   Hair Loss - Page 8 EmptyWed 13 Jan 2010, 8:48 am

Has anyone experienced loss of hair, i couldn't believe it when i put my hair back i noticed all my hair thining out, you can see straight through it, I look like I am balding. i want to get thin with hair not without!
Back to top Go down
sutbr01
sutbr01

Male
Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2009-07-23

Hair Loss - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss - Page 8 EmptyMon 30 Nov 2009, 9:19 am

Based on my research there are 2 main streams of thought on hair loss.

1. Protien Deficiency, hospitals and surgeons recomend that you need about 60 grams of protein a day
2. Lack of an enzyme in your stomach, supplement called biotin (refered to as vitamin k).

I will be starting a Blackmores Biotin supplement in the next couple of weeks to see if it helps..
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female

Hair Loss - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss - Page 8 EmptySun 22 Nov 2009, 3:24 am

PCOS is a hormonal condition and like all things hormonal they are very much influenced by the amount of body fat we have. As we lose weight it takes a while for our bodies to adjust if we have PCOS you can get a rush of syptoms in a bad way, just remember tho that the weight loss will eventually make the condition so much better.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
OpusKV626
Part of the furniture

Male
Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Hair Loss - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss - Page 8 EmptySat 21 Nov 2009, 11:38 pm

Some of that sounds distinctly like lady-issues.... I haven't experienced those symptoms. As a man, I haven't noticed any wild hair growth... anywhere. I did lose quite a bit of hair 3 months out. Now I'm six months out and seem to have hair growth resuming - on my head.

The only odd hair phenomenon going on with me is that the hair on the back of my lower leg has bald spots. It's blotchy. That's new. However, it's a quirk that I think is a fair trade to me. It might come back, but it's been more noticeable at times. I'll keep you posted on my body parts.
Back to top Go down
Rubenesque
Rubenesque

Female
Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-05-30

Hair Loss - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: hair loss   Hair Loss - Page 8 EmptySat 21 Nov 2009, 1:10 pm

Glad there is a post about hair loss. I have been losing hair for 4 or 5 weeks now. I took some advice from here and have been taking the Blackmores Hair & nails vitamins. Did not help obviously. I have strands coming out in the shower in the morning. Not clumps (thank God) just heaps of strands. I hope it stops soon.
Has anyone else had this problem and did it right itself?
I am getting a bit worried as I am thinner on top anyway and in the light my pink scalp is a bit neon!
Trying not to get stressed about it but I really don't know what to do next. Anyone got any ideas?

As for the other region - I'm for new lifes theory lol. Can't say I have noticed any difference there:)
Back to top Go down
bushgirl
Part of the furniture
bushgirl

Female
Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Hair Loss - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss - Page 8 EmptyWed 18 Nov 2009, 3:36 am

If I remember rightly, PCOS can have excess hair as a symptom. However it is most likely hormonal if you get the oily skin an pimples... but as you said don't hesitate to ask your Dr. The periods do settle again after you lose a fair bit, and if you have any plateau's this can help your hormones catch up to the new body weight. I have gotten a couple of pimples along the way, and noticed my ahir was oily for a bit, but I think its because there is quite a bit less of it. (used to have super thick hair- now is just "normal"- not thick or thin)
Back to top Go down
njochara
njochara

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Hair Loss - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss - Page 8 EmptyTue 17 Nov 2009, 12:14 pm

Kylie wrote:
Can you save the excess pubes and start a hair transplant stockpile for us soon to be sleevers.

It does sound like a hormonal thing coupled with the pimples and oily skin.

LOL LOL LOL
THANKS EVERYONE kiss
thank you all for your support and advice
yes my libido has increased aswell, when im not fainting lol I have pcos so will speak to the gynae next month when I go.
Thanks again you have all cheered me up
:O)
nicola
xx
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female

Hair Loss - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss - Page 8 EmptyTue 17 Nov 2009, 9:18 am

before you have blood taken again drink heaps of water first . this makes it easier. hair loss should have peaked now and it should get better from here on out. i would put money on the oily skin and new growth down to a big shift in hormones due to your massive weight loss. things will settle down tho ")

applesauce
Back to top Go down
newlife
Part of the furniture
newlife

Female
Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Hair Loss - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss - Page 8 EmptyTue 17 Nov 2009, 9:07 am

Hey there Nicola.
Just my opinion, as im no expert, but he feinting could be that you have become anaemic due to iron deficiency which is not that uncommon in women and wls patients, so make sure you get iron levels checked. It could also be due to low blood pressure. Re the pubes, not sure what the answer to that is, but one theory (and it is only a theory) - there are only so many hair folicles and when you were larger these were stretched out as you can get fat in the pubic region as well, now that you have lost the weight the pubic region has tightened up and hence the pubic hair appears thicker. (just a theory). Or as you said it is hormonal hence the pimples and greasy hair, if your libido has also increased it could be excess testosterone (and yes girls have testosterone too which is what gives us our libidos) hence more hair, more pimples and greasy hair. Might be worth getting that checked as well. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
njochara
njochara

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Hair Loss - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: hair loss and errm gaim TMI sorry and periods ><   Hair Loss - Page 8 EmptyTue 17 Nov 2009, 8:19 am

hi everyone
hope you are all well,
im 6 months post op on the 19th and my hair has been falling out for months ><, only the weird thing is ive got masses of errm hair gain in another place, now i have never had much hair down below (blushes) and sorry for the TMI, but over the last couple of months its gone mental its like im going through puberty again it is really weird. Anyone else had this ?? my very silly stupid theory is that i had my son at 16 then put on 8 stone and am only now loosing weight thus kickstarting puberty again lol.
ive been putting off this question as its soo shaming so sorry everyone ><
also my hair has gone greasy and my skin spotty and ive never had either >< but for the first time ever im having normal periods YAY not !. im thinking its a hormone thing probably.
everything going sort of well tho. I fainted on sunday out shopping, and then had bloods done yesterday they took from my wrist in the end and then with a huge syringe as my blood was not coming out and it was almost black and very thick. im dizzy a lot of the time so hopefully bloods will be ok or if not they can make me right again
off to work now sigh......
hugs and loves to all
nicola
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

Hair Loss - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss - Page 8 EmptyMon 26 Oct 2009, 11:18 am

Hey Lisa,
If my hair falls out I won't have to buy shampoo LOL Sorry I know not funny.
Kyles,
I have given up blinking these days you miss too much !!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Kyles
Part of the furniture
Kyles

Female
Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Hair Loss - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss - Page 8 EmptyMon 26 Oct 2009, 2:44 am

I agree...thanks Lisa :)

Handy info to know since we will be hitting that 3 mth mark before we can blink...lol
Back to top Go down
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female
Number of posts : 1884
Registration date : 2009-07-31

Hair Loss - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss - Page 8 EmptySun 25 Oct 2009, 6:24 pm

Heya lmboyd.........how nice of you to post that. Its really appreciated.
I know when I have had anaesthetics I have had a little lifelessness in my hair but post pregnancy did have hair loss to a degree and it was noticable because i had dark hair then.
Anyhow thanks.
:)
Linda
Back to top Go down
lmboyd
Part of the furniture
lmboyd

Female
Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2009-07-31

Hair Loss - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss - Page 8 EmptySun 25 Oct 2009, 11:37 am

Dont worry about hairloss too much... there are some suppliments that you can take, ask your surgeon or chemist. As a hairdresser, I see this all the time usually a few months after an anaesthetic . The damage to the follicle is done inside the head before the hair even grows, after all the hair is dead anyway. The new or disconnected hair is usually right behind the falling hair , infact it usually pushes it out and so therefore even if you experience thinning hair your new hair is on the way ! Due to weightloss this can be slightly worse and so keep up the protein which increases keratin , which is hair protein. Try to limit he amount of styling that you do and keep your hair trimmed. Dont pull your hair back too tight and use good quality shampoo and conditioner. Now is not the time to use bargain basement products ! not that any of you would! If you are a blonde try and stick to having your regrowth only done and ask your hairdresser if they might consider only using tint and not bleach for one or two visits. If you are a brunette or covering grey try using a semi permenant color as it is more gentle . Ask your hairdresser if they can use a shampoo-based color which wont last very long but will condition your hair and wont damage it. Over a few months your hair will improve and eventually get back to normal just in time to have a new look to go with your new body, yippeeeee !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hair Loss - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hair Loss
Page 8 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next