Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bia

Female
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2015-08-14

Weight loss, hair loss and plastic surgery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight loss, hair loss and plastic surgery   Weight loss, hair loss and plastic surgery EmptyFri 29 Jan 2016, 10:50 pm

Thanks to everyone that took the time to respond.

I would be curious to see and compare some statistics on loss timeline as below (particularly in terms of percentage, as Kgs will vary a lot).

This is me so far, with 4th month being an estimate (over 2 weeks to go till then):

LOSS:KgsPercentage total loss so far
Pre surgery (3 weeks)-7.326%
1st month post surgery-8.831%
2nd month post surgery-4.215%
3rd month post surgery-5.419%
4th month post surgery (estimate)-2.38%
TOTAL (so far)-28.0100%
Left to goal (58Kgs, healthy BMI of 23.5) 
(this is if estimate of 66Kgs by 4 months is reached, which should be)

Hopefully 8Kgs in the following 5-8 months (which would take me to 9-12 months post surgery) will be doable and I'll reach my goal. No need to get to 56 (ultimate goal). Very happy with 58/23.5 BMI. :)
Back to top Go down
greenfrog
Part of the furniture
greenfrog

Female
Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2012-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Weight loss, hair loss and plastic surgery   Weight loss, hair loss and plastic surgery EmptyFri 29 Jan 2016, 10:10 am

I had my surgery in May 2014.
I personally think you can get to your goal.
It sounds like its still early days for you.  So I think you can do it.

Weight loss, hair loss and plastic surgery 65317
Back to top Go down
Bia

Female

PostSubject: Re: Weight loss, hair loss and plastic surgery   Weight loss, hair loss and plastic surgery EmptyFri 29 Jan 2016, 6:39 am

greenfrog wrote:
I lost 35 kilos and I stopped loosing weight after about 8 months.  Clichéd. I know... But everyone is different depending on how much they need to loose.

Hair loss... ahhh.... I lost and lost... then It slowed... but no... it started again after a stressful happening at work...  It stopped falling out when I stopped loosing weight.  But I do think the hair vitamins I was taking helped slow it down.  Because when I stopped them it got more noticeable.  But it might have been wishful thinking.

Maintenance for me is exactly the same as what I did when I lost weight.  I try and stick to  low carb, and protein first.  I don't drink my calories.  I don't drink while I eat, I don't drink 15 minutes before and about 30 min afterwards.  Three small meals and 3 snacks works for me.

Re plastic surgery, I haven't had any.  I had been told I need to maintain the weight for 2 years before having any plastics done.  But  I know people who have had it done about 15 months after surgery.  So again, must depend on your plastic surgeon.

Personally I don't see the point until I actually lost all the weight.  No point in shaping me when I still have 10 kilos to go.  If I'm going through all that pain & paying all that cash, to have plastic surgery... I want all the excess skin gone!!! no shaping!! just want it all to be tight! hehe
Am I expecting too much... hehe
Thanks greenfrog. I think there's hope I'll get to my goal, lets see.
How long has it been since your surgery? I'm glad you've been able to maintain. Good on you!
As I don't have the means at the moment anyway... plastic surgery will have to wait anyway, but it does seem that it's normally a good wait after surgery, which does make sense.
Back to top Go down
Bia

Female

PostSubject: Re: Weight loss, hair loss and plastic surgery   Weight loss, hair loss and plastic surgery EmptyFri 29 Jan 2016, 6:35 am

Box of Jewels wrote:
Man, my hair started falling out prior to surgery, after losing about 30 kilos.  Then, I thought about 4 months after surgery, that it had stopped.  Except....it started again.   I have fluffy regrowth from the first loss, and am just seeing the signs of a second lot starting now.  My pony tail is way thinner than it used to be, but no one else has noticed....except my family, who see how much hair is in the shower/on my brush.   I think it's starting to slow up now.  I don't think there is a damn thing you can do about it.   No pills or potions or magic fixes.  My hair looks MUCH better after I put a dye through it.   And got a decent cut.
Thanks Box of Jewels!
People are noticing... but what can I do...
I only hope it stops before I run out of it... There's very little there...
Back to top Go down
Bia

Female

PostSubject: Re: Weight loss, hair loss and plastic surgery   Weight loss, hair loss and plastic surgery EmptyFri 29 Jan 2016, 6:33 am

psychomum wrote:
Hi, after 5 years my hair did not return to it's original thickness.. Having said that I had a huge amount of waist length thick hair. 
Hair sometimes falls out with an anaesthetic and given loss of fat which also supports hair growth, you can feel like you are going to lose the lot. 
However, even though my hair is not as thick, it is still waist length shiny and healthy. Maintain your vitamin intake and try not to stress(which also makes hair fall out..lol) GL I'm sure you will be fine.. Go easy on the colour too...if you dye your hair chooses a darker colour to avoid harsh bleaching.. Cheers
Thanks psychomum,
My hair never came to normal after pregnancies so it's to be expected unfortunately...
I'll keep doing my best not to stress about it and not to further damage it...
Thanks a lot for trying to help!
Back to top Go down
Bia

Female

PostSubject: Re: Weight loss, hair loss and plastic surgery   Weight loss, hair loss and plastic surgery EmptyFri 29 Jan 2016, 6:29 am

pinkandblue82 wrote:
My hair fell out like crazy! it slowed down about 9ish months and now have millions of little flyaways as it grows back. I did take tablets from natropath when I thought about it (silica somethings...) but not sure if they worked our just a coincidence.

I am about a month shy of a year and my weight loss has well and truly slowed almost stopped, granted my diet choices haven't been the greatest though but its definitely all about work now not just losing.

Plastic surgery - my surgeon also does tummy tucks and he said to me a few months ago we will discuss a tummy tuck at my 12 month check which is in early march. I know some drs say they want you to maintain for 6-12 months before surgery and others say to get to where you are happy, or have plateaued so it varies.

I hope mine says we can do it straight away :-)

I hope my answers helped you a little
Thank you pinkandblue82.
If I continue to lose, even if for another 6 months (up to 9 months) I'd be very happy. Just hope it keeps happening so I can get to MY personal goal :)
Thanks for all your answers, it did help! And I hope you can have your plastic surgery soon too!
Back to top Go down
greenfrog
Part of the furniture
greenfrog

Female
Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2012-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Weight loss, hair loss and plastic surgery   Weight loss, hair loss and plastic surgery EmptyThu 28 Jan 2016, 11:57 am

I lost 35 kilos and I stopped loosing weight after about 8 months.  Clichéd. I know... But everyone is different depending on how much they need to loose.

Hair loss... ahhh.... I lost and lost... then It slowed... but no... it started again after a stressful happening at work...  It stopped falling out when I stopped loosing weight.  But I do think the hair vitamins I was taking helped slow it down.  Because when I stopped them it got more noticeable.  But it might have been wishful thinking.

Maintenance for me is exactly the same as what I did when I lost weight.  I try and stick to  low carb, and protein first.  I don't drink my calories.  I don't drink while I eat, I don't drink 15 minutes before and about 30 min afterwards.  Three small meals and 3 snacks works for me.

Re plastic surgery, I haven't had any.  I had been told I need to maintain the weight for 2 years before having any plastics done.  But  I know people who have had it done about 15 months after surgery.  So again, must depend on your plastic surgeon.

Personally I don't see the point until I actually lost all the weight.  No point in shaping me when I still have 10 kilos to go.  If I'm going through all that pain & paying all that cash, to have plastic surgery... I want all the excess skin gone!!! no shaping!! just want it all to be tight! hehe
Am I expecting too much... hehe
Back to top Go down
Box of Jewels
Part of the furniture
Box of Jewels

Female
Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2015-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Weight loss, hair loss and plastic surgery   Weight loss, hair loss and plastic surgery EmptyThu 28 Jan 2016, 1:53 am

Man, my hair started falling out prior to surgery, after losing about 30 kilos.  Then, I thought about 4 months after surgery, that it had stopped.  Except....it started again.   I have fluffy regrowth from the first loss, and am just seeing the signs of a second lot starting now.  My pony tail is way thinner than it used to be, but no one else has noticed....except my family, who see how much hair is in the shower/on my brush.   I think it's starting to slow up now.  I don't think there is a damn thing you can do about it.   No pills or potions or magic fixes.  My hair looks MUCH better after I put a dye through it.   And got a decent cut.
Back to top Go down
psychomum
psychomum

Female
Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2011-04-18

PostSubject: Hair Loss   Weight loss, hair loss and plastic surgery EmptyWed 27 Jan 2016, 9:24 pm

Hi, after 5 years my hair did not return to it's original thickness.. Having said that I had a huge amount of waist length thick hair. 
Hair sometimes falls out with an anaesthetic and given loss of fat which also supports hair growth, you can feel like you are going to lose the lot. 
However, even though my hair is not as thick, it is still waist length shiny and healthy. Maintain your vitamin intake and try not to stress(which also makes hair fall out..lol) GL I'm sure you will be fine.. Go easy on the colour too...if you dye your hair chooses a darker colour to avoid harsh bleaching.. Cheers
Back to top Go down
pinkandblue82
pinkandblue82

Female
Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2014-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Weight loss, hair loss and plastic surgery   Weight loss, hair loss and plastic surgery EmptyWed 27 Jan 2016, 10:55 am

My hair fell out like crazy! it slowed down about 9ish months and now have millions of little flyaways as it grows back. I did take tablets from natropath when I thought about it (silica somethings...) but not sure if they worked our just a coincidence.

I am about a month shy of a year and my weight loss has well and truly slowed almost stopped, granted my diet choices haven't been the greatest though but its definitely all about work now not just losing.

Plastic surgery - my surgeon also does tummy tucks and he said to me a few months ago we will discuss a tummy tuck at my 12 month check which is in early march. I know some drs say they want you to maintain for 6-12 months before surgery and others say to get to where you are happy, or have plateaued so it varies.

I hope mine says we can do it straight away :-)

I hope my answers helped you a little
Back to top Go down
Bia

Female

PostSubject: Weight loss, hair loss and plastic surgery   Weight loss, hair loss and plastic surgery EmptyMon 25 Jan 2016, 10:16 pm

Hello everyone,

Just wanting some perspective from more experienced sleevers:

1. Weight loss:
a) I have reached my surgeon's and dietitian's goal by the 3rd month mark but still have around 10kg to lose to reach my personal goal (of a healthy BMI). I am thinking it's totally doable and my dietitian agrees I will definitely lose some more but said things will slow down drastically now after 3 months. When did YOU stop losing? I thought I would definitely lose until 9 months or so? Can I keep my optimism?
b) Already concerned about weight maintenance down the track. For the successful long term sleevers, can you share what was fundamental in maintaining your weight/stabilising?

2. Hair loss:
I have now about 1/3 of what I had before (already not much). It started about a month ago, so 2/3 gone in one month! If it continues for another 2 months I'm afraid I will go bald! Any chance it will stop sooner? Any new tips out there on what to do to improve the situation? I take vitamins, my protein intake is decent... getting a bit desperate now...

3. Plastic surgery:
I'm not sure when I'd be able to do it financially speaking but wanted to hear some thoughts about when is the best time to do it. I've read some different opinions on this, some surgeons even saying they prefer to operate when there's still about 10kg to lose, so they can "shape" things better, etc. I desperately need a tummy tuck after pregnancies plus weight loss (a lot of skin there!) and would love to do a couple other things but again, not sure I'll have the means to it anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weight loss, hair loss and plastic surgery   Weight loss, hair loss and plastic surgery Empty

Back to top Go down

Weight loss, hair loss and plastic surgery
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: