134 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
shazza73

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Hair Loss - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Post Surgery Hair loss   Hair Loss - Page 11 EmptyWed 20 Aug 2008, 1:52 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi has anyone experienced hair loss since there surgery and weight loss
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
newlife
Part of the furniture

Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss - Page 11 EmptyThu 25 Jun 2009, 4:53 am

Hi Helen

I too have lost a fair bit of hair. It started falling out heaps, but not in clumps, at about 3-4 months post op. I am taking blackmores hair, nail and skin formula. I do have a fair bit of regrowth happening and it doesn't seem to be falling out quite as much as it did, although still too much for my liking. But that said, I am confident that it is a short term issue and that once my weight has stabilised a bit more, it will come back. Big fingers crossed, as I have long hair and it looks a bit wispy at the moment. My surgeon warned that it may happen, so I do try and keep my proteins up. Also take an iron supplement (as I am iron deficient which doesn't help the hair loss either) and a multivitamin.
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss - Page 11 EmptyThu 25 Jun 2009, 2:04 am

Hi Helen.

I too didn't suffer any hair loss with the band and I certainly didn't get the protein intake that is obviously required, as I wasn't directed to a nutrionist post op. I had my band for 6 years.

Post sleeve I have been given the guidelines from a dietician and she recommends 70 to 80gms of protein a day. This is hard to get in with the early post op diet so I take 2 scoopfuls of whey protein isolate powder, as advised by her, a day in my serving of low fat yoghurt. This way you are assured of 50gms of protein and the rest is easy to get from foods eaten. I also take Silica and Fenugreek too.

I'm sure you will be given your own advice from your professionals and should follow that. I tend to think though that is mostly down to luck and genes though. Some lose hair and some don't and we won't know which category we fall into until it does or doesn't happen to us. All we can do is try to prevent it.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Jillybean
Part of the furniture
Jillybean

Female
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss - Page 11 EmptyThu 25 Jun 2009, 1:54 am

I started losing my hair around the 3 month post op stage. It didn't come out in clumps but heaps of hair in the shower, on the bathroom floor - everywhere I sat. My hair thinned out mainly on the top but I am glad to say it has stopped now (well not to the same extent) at around 7 months. I have been taking Q-Silica tablets for hair and nail loss for the last few months. My surgeon warned me about this before the operation and said it was to do with sudden weight loss and lack of protein. I always have protein at every meal.
Not all sleevers appear to lose hair so not sure why some do and some don't.
hugs
Jilly
Back to top Go down
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female
Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss - Page 11 EmptyWed 24 Jun 2009, 1:39 pm

It can be a side effect
Why? who knows?
It has happened to me and I was/ am taking lots of vitamins. Go figure
It does not happen to everyone.And it was 8 months after when mine started
Back to top Go down
Helen64
Helen64

Female
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss - Page 11 EmptyWed 24 Jun 2009, 1:37 pm

I am new to all this and will be having my sleeving done next year, but do sleevers really have issues with hair loss. Why is that, as I have had a band for 5 years and dont have any meat and lack allot of vitamins etc in my diet and dont have hair loss issues currently.
The only suppliment I have is iron tablets. Is this a common problem with sleevers.
Back to top Go down
pf337

Female
Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: hair loss/supplements   Hair Loss - Page 11 EmptyWed 17 Jun 2009, 5:21 pm

A few weeks ago I was reading this site and saw several of you were having hair loss problems. Many of you (with these issues) had your surgery one or two months before me. Really made me take a closer look at my protein intake. Somedays it is really hard to get it all in. I really do not understand amino acid (essential and non essential), but my daughter (a nursing student) read and researched and suggested i start taking A/G-Pro its a fortified amino acid dietary supplement. My daughter kept saying that when the doctor says take in so much protein---mom, it has to be the right proteins. You can take 6 a day. 2 am, 2 noon, 2pm. I am taking 2 in the am with my other am pills with one cup of milk and 2 in the pm with my other pm pills with another cup of milk. I think I paid about $15.00 for 180 pills. I have not lost any hair yet but maybe this will avoid any loss. If not, I do not think it will hurt. I was sleeved on March 31, 2009. I have lost 33 pounds. I have about 15 more to go. Hope this helps someone....i think you can look up A/G - Pro on the internet. When I told the lady at the pharmacy counter about my surgery and that i needed extra protein she kept trying to sell my protein mix and that is ok but I am having a hard time drinking and eating 50-60 grams of protein a day. But when my daughter said do you have a supplement for amino acids they gave us this. Anyway......Look it up and ask your doctor before trying it but hope it helps. Everybody take care......luvpf337
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss - Page 11 EmptyFri 15 May 2009, 1:30 pm

I was emailed this link to an article on natural hair loss cures today and thought some of you might be interested. Hope it helps.

http://www.care2.com/greenliving/natural-solutions-for-hair-loss.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss - Page 11 EmptyWed 06 May 2009, 7:26 am

Hi Thin,

Mine didn't even take 4 months to start falling out, only about 4 weeks! And its really falling out, no half measures here!!

I got some stuff called Arcon Tisane which seems to be working for me.

Can i suggest you go to their website and read their expliantion of womans hair loss
http://www.arcontisane.com.au/women.html
i'm not trying to push you into using it, i feel its quite expensive. But its good to read their hair loss explinations. It gives you quite a good understanding of whats going on and what to expect. Some how its not so horrifying when you know whats happening :)

There are a few recommendations on this thread. Have a read back through and see what others have tried. I think Fading's Blackmores and my Arcon are the only two reported successes though...but check for yourself, i could be wrong.

Good luck, i hope you find something that works for you.
Back to top Go down
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss - Page 11 EmptyWed 06 May 2009, 5:34 am

The thing that worked for me was the hair skin and nails by blackmores.Takes about 6 weeks to notice an improvment but it does work and only costs about $20 a month
Back to top Go down
thininside
thininside

Female
Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Ugh!!! hair loss :(   Hair Loss - Page 11 EmptyWed 06 May 2009, 4:31 am

Hi Guys,
I was warned by a couple of people on this forum about losing hair and that it could happen to me...of course I didn't take it seriously then as I was too busy altering all my clothes (I have dropped 2 dress sizes since my surgery!) Hair Loss - Page 11 446871
But sure enough, around the 4th month mark, I started shedding - and HOW!!! Hair Loss - Page 11 878453 Oh lordy! My hair is falling faster than the fall guy!!!! So I make this distress call to the surgeon who is now looking after me ( the surgeon who operated on me turned out to be a jerk) and he recommended the following:

Day 1-[monday,thur]
TAB SELACE FORTE
TAB PRIMACAL AT

Day 2-[tue/fri]
TAB FEFOL Z
TAB CELIN 500

Day 3-[wed/sat]
TAB AMINOFIT

I have been using thee for the past two weeks and if anything else, it looks like my hair is falling out even faster! I am actually scared to wash my hair because when I do, it comes out in clumps!!! At any given point in time, I have hair falling around me and the house looks like it has two dogs- the real dog and me! :[img]http://sm

I try and eat healthy ( try and get some chicken in everyday as well as a lot of lentils) but we all know how hard it is.... and 6 months post-op, I still can't have rice, pasta or bread....
Help!!!! What are you guys doing???
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss - Page 11 EmptySun 03 May 2009, 5:33 am

Think mine is falling out more too. Wasn't sure if I was just being paranoid at first but I don't think I am. Not coming out in handfuls yet but definitely more coming off on my hands when I wash it :)
Have been more diligent about having a protein shake in the afternoon lately to keep those levels up. Hope it helps.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss - Page 11 EmptySun 03 May 2009, 4:26 am

mine falls out in handfuls too. I wish my face and leg hairs would fall out instead!
Back to top Go down
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss - Page 11 EmptyFri 01 May 2009, 6:56 pm

mine was faling out in handfulls. Extremely worring. I was seriously looking at a wigs. I even picked a couple out .Then I noticed the hair hanging in there.
I hope yours settles down soon
Back to top Go down
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss - Page 11 EmptyFri 01 May 2009, 6:55 pm

mine was faling out in handfulls. Extremely worring. I was seriously looking at a wigs. I even picked a couple out .Then I noticed the hair hanging in there.
I hope yours settles down soon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss - Page 11 EmptyFri 01 May 2009, 2:29 am

Thanks Fading :)
4 months isn't so long, i'd be really pleased with that.

I just want mine to get to the 'no longer falling out in great handfulls' stage :( I washed it last night. I brush it thoroughly first to get rid of all the loose hair so it doesn't go down the drain. That creates a great handfull of hair. Then by the time i finish washing it there are another 3 big handfulls. You should see my bathroom bin! *sigh* i'm going to have no hair left :( I haven't had short hair for 30 years. Time for a change i can hear some of you say :) but i don'twannachange wwaaahhhhhh!!!!
Back to top Go down
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss - Page 11 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2009, 11:41 pm

almost 4 months now , it cost about $20 per month, There is a cheaper one that I found yesterday so might change to that next time . it was about $15 for the month .
It took about 6-7 weeks to noyice the hair stopp falling out , then hair getting stronger , now looks like it is well on its way back to normal. But I will stay on the hair skin and nails for ever I think. I don't want to go down that road ever again.
Back to top Go down
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss - Page 11 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2009, 11:41 pm

almost 4 months now , it cost about $20 per month, There is a cheaper one that I found yesterday so might change to that next time . it was about $15 for the month .
It took about 6-7 weeks to noyice the hair stopp falling out , then hair getting stronger , now looks like it is well on its way back to normal. But I will stay on the hair skin and nails for ever I think. I don't want to go down that road ever again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss - Page 11 EmptyWed 29 Apr 2009, 11:55 pm

Fading, Regrowth...yiipeee alright, lol!
How long have you been taking the hair skin and nails for?

I'm reluctant to mix the Arcon with anything else at the moment. The Arcon is expensive, $69 for a months worth so i want to see it IT works if you know what i mean. But if i haven't noticed a significant improvment in a reasonable amount of time, say 3 months or so, i'll give something else a try.

...Is $69 per month dear for a hair treatment? It sounds dear to me, but i wouldn't have a clue what other remedies cost. How does that stack up against what everyone else is using?
Back to top Go down
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss - Page 11 EmptyWed 29 Apr 2009, 11:42 pm

I really put the hair growth down to the "hair skin and nails " from blackmores. And yes there is new growth YIPPEE
I went on the zinc as an added bonus
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss - Page 11 EmptyWed 29 Apr 2009, 10:50 pm

Hi everyone,

Just thought i'd update you all on my Arcon try out.

Its only been 10 days since i started taking it, so its early days yet. But i cautiously say i do seem to be getting some baby hair starting to regrow. Confirmed by my daughter and hubby. (so its not just my wishfull thinking!)

If you have a read through their info on the website it explains about different phases of hair growth and loss. Once your strand of hair has 'died' its going to fall out no matter what so you have to just accept that, there is nothing you can do about it. So i still have more than i would like falling out at the moment but hopefully in a few more weeks all that dead hair will be gone and i'll go back to losing the normal amount per day.

When...fingers crossed!... it all starts growing back, i'm going to have such a mullet! I'll have to go glam rock, lol!

Fading, congratulations on yours no longer falling out, hopefully it will start growing back for you now :) I wish Zinc would work for me. It just doesn't, i've been on it off and on for several years with no success. If its working for you, i'm sooo jealous :)

Light hope, You can take vitamins (and any other medications for that matter) whilst on the liquid post op stage, if they are big, you may have to cut them in half at first. The sooner you start the better off you'd be i supose. If you're interested, go here and have a read.
http://www.arcontisane.com.au/women.html
I'm not trying to get you to use this stuff, but it explains the why's and wherefores of hairloss in women. Its interesting to know.
Back to top Go down
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss - Page 11 EmptyWed 29 Apr 2009, 7:28 pm

My hair has stopped falling out FINALLY
get some Zinc and hair skin and nails these you canget from Coles
I take lots of Vitamins as my levels in everything was very low.
I have just added magnesium into the mix someone mentioned it to me for hair strenghtener so I had to have it, also for cramps
there is a liquid vitamin that you can take.Start today
Back to top Go down
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss - Page 11 EmptyWed 29 Apr 2009, 7:27 pm

My hair has stopped falling out FINALLY
get some Zinc and hair skin and nails these you canget from Coles
I take lots of Vitamins as my levels in everything was very low.
I have just added magnesium into the mix someone mentioned it to me for hair strenghtener so I had to have it, also for cramps
there is a liquid vitamin that you can take.Start today
Back to top Go down
lighthope

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss - Page 11 EmptyWed 29 Apr 2009, 12:54 pm

Hello everyone,

I am glad i found this thread. I thought i was the only one losing hair!! I'm scared to run my hand through my hair now. not that it was thick initially either. My daughter confirmed my worries last night when she suddenly looked at my hair from the top and said wow, mum your scalp is very white!! Hair Loss - Page 11 595690
I have just got sleeved on 23rd April 09 and its week1 for me so i'm on liquids so i was wondering when you are mentioning all these vitamins and zinc if i should take them now or when i get to the food stage but i would appreciate others telling us what works with them.. gives us hope in another direction Hair Loss - Page 11 65317

thanks to all who those who share their experiences for us to benefit
Back to top Go down
Eve
Eve

Female
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss - Page 11 EmptySat 25 Apr 2009, 2:21 pm

Last edited by Eve on Tue 28 Apr 2009, 11:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
kittysmiles75
kittysmiles75

Female
Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss - Page 11 EmptyMon 20 Apr 2009, 10:55 am

ho hum..... Nuts I to am loosing masses of hair....I paid a lot of money for this hair lol, I want compensation!

I went to the chemist and asked for Q Silicia and got some other stuff called Silicea....its basically silica, calcium and biotin......now I read that zinc is the go? I am confused....thank god its nearly winter and I can just wear a beanie Hair Loss - Page 11 50622
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss - Page 11 EmptyMon 20 Apr 2009, 9:24 am

it arrived about 10 minutes after i wrote that....its not working yet, lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss   Hair Loss - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hair Loss
Page 11 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next