Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
nevergiveup
nevergiveup

Female
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-02

About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve   About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve - Page 7 EmptyMon 09 Jun 2008, 2:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

I know this is kind of a weird question :cyclops: but how do our bowel movements (BM) change with the sleeve?
I think i might be constipated or maybe this is normal for being on fluids but I haven't had a BM since surgery 4 days ago and I am starting to get concerned.
I am adding benefibre and prune juice to everything i take in (and yes its gross) and I am still having no action :oops:
The dietician told me that the BM's will be less and happen less often - but what is less often? A week or more? And do things change later on when you move to mushies and then solids?
How long should i wait before panicking about not having one? :pale:
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
oldfart

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve   About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve - Page 7 EmptyThu 12 Jun 2008, 7:49 am

Hi you silly sausages :P ........... just wanted to share some insight into the "my bum's stopped wrorking" thing.
I take morphine and so end up constipated sometimes so I use a liquid de blocker called Parachoc which can be got from the local plumbers or chemist ........... it works by going around the blockage and lubricating the instestinal wall so it doesn't back up behind the blockage that is already in place! ............ sorta like internal vaseline :face: ......it's very mild ........ oh but dont be fooled by the "chocolate vanilla flavoured" spiel on the label cause it's hard to swallow and tastes like sh**
:lol: :lol!: :lol: :lol!:
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve   About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve - Page 7 EmptyThu 12 Jun 2008, 6:45 am

:silent:

Im gonna keep quiet and the look and shape of my BMs :lol!:

But thanks for all the info guys

Nicole ☀
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve   About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve - Page 7 EmptyWed 11 Jun 2008, 11:47 am

I have 3 spoons of benfibre in both my morning and evening cup of tea. If I have not been for 4 days then I take some Coloxyl 120 tablets. I never never never want to go back to week 3 after surgery I thought THAT was living hell, the constapation drove me insane *LOL* The rule is keep on top of it, take your beifibre and if that doesnt produce results then take something within a set time frame mine is as I said 4 days that way you never get yourself in a bad place.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1588
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve   About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve - Page 7 EmptyWed 11 Jun 2008, 10:58 am

Of Gawd, I really hope no ones eating sausages tonght!! LOL.
Thats still good info I think Lil.
Cheers.
Hayley
Back to top Go down
lastchancelil
lastchancelil

Female
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve   About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve - Page 7 EmptyWed 11 Jun 2008, 10:38 am

I also didn't have a BM for a week after the surgery, even though I tried fibre supplements. While I was still on mushies I felt like I was "going" less often than before the surgery, perhaps once every 2 days, but now (6 months post-op) it's a normal routine. Usually once a day, but less "volume" than before. I know this is gonna sound like too much information but where else could I share this 👅 One weird thing is before surgery (50kg heavier) my BMs were flat and squashed, as if my intestines didn't have enough room to be their normal round selves :lol: Now they are nice and sausage-shaped!!

I can't believe I just shared that. :oops: :oops:
Back to top Go down
http://www.lastchancelil.blogspot.com
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female
Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve   About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve - Page 7 EmptyTue 10 Jun 2008, 7:39 pm

Pain meds cause constipation,
I suffer from it always .I use to take metamusil but who can dring all that fluid in one go...lol. So I now take senna
It's a change in life style
Fadding Away
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve   About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve - Page 7 EmptyTue 10 Jun 2008, 3:16 pm

Hi there,

Im also a liitle scared about constpation as after my last op in sep i suffered severe constipation and ended up back up the hospital getting supositries(you know what i mean) up my you know were.... :lol!:
They said it was from anesthetic and the pain releif medication.

Nicole :affraid:
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1588
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve   About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve - Page 7 EmptyMon 09 Jun 2008, 2:52 pm

Hey you!!

I didnt go for about a week... yes scary. But the benefibre will help, just dont OD on the stuff.
Just relax it will happen when it happens. Alot of patients suffer constipation after an anesthetic.
Hope you are doing well and feeling better!
Hayley
:D
Back to top Go down
nevergiveup
nevergiveup

Female
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve   About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve - Page 7 EmptyMon 09 Jun 2008, 2:01 pm

I know this is kind of a weird question :cyclops: but how do our bowel movements (BM) change with the sleeve?
I think i might be constipated or maybe this is normal for being on fluids but I haven't had a BM since surgery 4 days ago and I am starting to get concerned.
I am adding benefibre and prune juice to everything i take in (and yes its gross) and I am still having no action :oops:
The dietician told me that the BM's will be less and happen less often - but what is less often? A week or more? And do things change later on when you move to mushies and then solids?
How long should i wait before panicking about not having one? :pale:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve   About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7