Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
nevergiveup
nevergiveup

Female
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-06-02

About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve   About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve - Page 5 EmptyMon 09 Jun 2008, 2:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

I know this is kind of a weird question :cyclops: but how do our bowel movements (BM) change with the sleeve?
I think i might be constipated or maybe this is normal for being on fluids but I haven't had a BM since surgery 4 days ago and I am starting to get concerned.
I am adding benefibre and prune juice to everything i take in (and yes its gross) and I am still having no action :oops:
The dietician told me that the BM's will be less and happen less often - but what is less often? A week or more? And do things change later on when you move to mushies and then solids?
How long should i wait before panicking about not having one? :pale:
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve   About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve - Page 5 EmptyMon 14 Jul 2008, 9:46 am

I think that is why you suddenly go limp in the third week you are back at work or running around and going from those calorie laiden nourising liquids to mushies and suddenly if you do not watch it I was on like 300 calories in a day and wondering why the world was spinning and I felt like I wanted to sleep all the time. I think we run to mushies very fast and dump those nourising liquids rather to quick without keeping track of how low in calories we are dropping. I agree tho on the protien thing. the more you can make protien the better for you :)

applesauce
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036

PostSubject: Re: About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve   About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve - Page 5 EmptyMon 14 Jul 2008, 9:23 am

Ooh, what a good idea, Jezzy - I'm all for anything that makes taking tablets easier!
I am taking care of the protein, and ordered in some protein powder that the dietician recommended from the chemist, but it seems to have gone astray - grrr! They were supposed to call me about it today, too.
However, I have noticed that I have actually been craving protein, so that must be saying something.
I brought home some yoghurt when I went out today (the yummiest yoghurt in the world, from Harris Farm Markets), and decided to have it for aftenoon tea. But after I had a couple of mouthfuls, I decided it had to have protein, so I put in some salmon & whizzed it up. Unfortunately it went very liquidy, but I still got my protein, so I was happy.
Okay, have to confess that I also had a baby chocolate bar this morning - I checked the grams, and it weighs less than a small freddo, so I'm not too worried. Amazing how chocolate goes down so well though, isn't it? Confused
Chris
Back to top Go down
Jezzybel
Part of the furniture
Jezzybel

Female
Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve   About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve - Page 5 EmptyMon 14 Jul 2008, 8:58 am

I know, not often we're told to try and consume MORE calories!
On that note, remember to keep your protein up too, or the weight that's falling off will be lean muscle mass and not fat, which not only increases your risk of osteoporosis but increases the likelihood of 'loose skin'... noooo! :D
Fruche has been okay for me, and the mango flavour is yummy! I've been using it to take my tablets, because it's a bit thicker than yoghurt it holds the tablet better, so I don't end up swallowing it and still having the tablet in my mouth (ick).
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve   About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve - Page 5 EmptyMon 14 Jul 2008, 7:36 am

ROFL apple - keep the calories up! First time I've heard that in a long time! :lol!:
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female
Number of posts : 1344
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve   About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve - Page 5 EmptyMon 14 Jul 2008, 6:46 am

Thanks for the tip Apple. I'll be back at work next week so thats the last thing I want to happen

steph :flower:
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female

PostSubject: Re: About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve   About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve - Page 5 EmptyMon 14 Jul 2008, 5:41 am

The diet yoghurts are very runny, you can try mixing them with fruchie to start off with if you think milk is a bit runny. Just remember to keep those calories up in the first few weeks or your energy will suffer. I know everybody wants the weight to fly off but best not to feel flat come week 3.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve   About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve - Page 5 EmptyMon 14 Jul 2008, 4:26 am

go the fro....chris :lol!:
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve   About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve - Page 5 EmptyMon 14 Jul 2008, 12:58 am

I'll try it again in the next day or so, and let you know how I go.
But we're all different, so even if it causing me a problem, it might be good for you.
Chris :afro: And yes, my hair is somewhat like this!
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female

PostSubject: Re: About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve   About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve - Page 5 EmptyMon 14 Jul 2008, 12:48 am

Morning Chris,

Hmmm, I have got a 4 pack of strawberry Fruche sitting in the fridge waiting for next week's mushies stage.

Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve   About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve - Page 5 EmptyMon 14 Jul 2008, 12:42 am

Good morning, Steph.
Well, last night I had no problems, so I think it's safe to say that the potato & gravy was okay.
Could have been the fruche, but I didn't want to try it on the same day, so I could figure it out.
Then again, it could have had nothing to do with what I ate! ;)
Chris
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female

PostSubject: Re: About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve   About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve - Page 5 EmptyMon 14 Jul 2008, 12:37 am

Hi Chris,

How did you go with the KFC potato & gravy. Have you worked out if that was your problem?

Back to top Go down
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female
Number of posts : 579

PostSubject: Re: About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve   About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve - Page 5 EmptySun 13 Jul 2008, 6:32 pm

Kfc is one thing I will never have again just makes me sick and yukky. the chicken the potoe and gravey the coleslaw all I had was on little bite of each ...never again
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve   About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve - Page 5 EmptySun 13 Jul 2008, 5:06 am

I bought some the day I left the hospital, but have only tried to use them twice - both times I thought the problem might be gas, but turned out to be a "blockage", as I call it. Both times it came back up again.
I didn't think to use it last night, though - the pain went once I got rid of the gas, which happened quickly. And then later, I was half asleep, and the same thing happened, so I decided I'd just get up and that might help. Seems to have, anyway.
I had the KFC potato and gravy for lunch yesterday, and a little bit of fruche last night, so I'm wondering if one of those is the culprit. Had to have the KFC again today, as we were again out longer than expected and it was really the only thing I could have, so I'll see how I go tonight!
Chris

Last edited by chrisbychic on Sun 13 Jul 2008, 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female

PostSubject: Re: About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve   About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve - Page 5 EmptySun 13 Jul 2008, 1:36 am

Hi Chris,

Sorry to hear you had a windy night :lol!: Sorry about that. I couldn't resist!

So far I haven't had any wind problems at all, touch wood.

Have you tried Degas and has it worked for you? I found I had bought 3 packets prior to surgery and haven't had to use them.

Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve   About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve - Page 5 EmptySat 12 Jul 2008, 8:14 pm

Had a bad night last night - dreadful pains in the stomach woke me up.
I haven't had diahhorea for several days now (yay), but I thought I would last night.
But I was wrong - it was "just wind". And there was a lot of it, too. After a stint in the bathroom, and then back to bed, I woke up several hours later in the same pain. More wind. This time I stayed up - it was 4.45, after all! :roll:
And I thought that I'd escaped this evil phenomenon!
Chris
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve   About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve - Page 5 EmptyWed 09 Jul 2008, 10:58 pm

Well now, this thread gave me encouragement to mention it to the two lapbanders I had coffee with yesterday, and one of them had trouble with diahorrea too, but the other was constipated. So we did talk about it face to face - but I'm sure we wouldn't have, if I hadn't been talking to you guys first! And, surprisingly, it was only mildly embarrassing. :oops:
Chris
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female

PostSubject: Re: About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve   About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve - Page 5 EmptyWed 09 Jul 2008, 5:13 am

I agree chris, im sure we would not talk about these things face to face.....i think we may look like this... :oops:

Nicole ☀
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve   About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve - Page 5 EmptyTue 08 Jul 2008, 8:25 am

Yes, I laugh at this thread too, but it's so good to be able to discuss these personal things with you guys - at least I know that I'm not the only one, and there's nothing radically wrong. That's worth the embarrassment!
Chris
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female

PostSubject: Re: About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve   About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve - Page 5 EmptyTue 08 Jul 2008, 6:56 am

:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

This is the comedy thread apple.....isnt it horrible that we laugh at others misfortunes but thats human nature..... :twisted:

It good to no that we are not alone in this....the bowel saga.... :lol!:

Cheer up everyone i went ok again today :flower: :flower: :flower:

Nicole ☀
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female

PostSubject: Re: About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve   About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve - Page 5 EmptyTue 08 Jul 2008, 2:21 am

:lol!: Hi Chris,

Actually I had a bit of diahrea last night and was able to go again this morning without a problem.

I bought some benefibre before the op because I was expecting problems but at this stage it appears not.

Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve   About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve - Page 5 EmptyMon 07 Jul 2008, 9:36 pm

Oh, steph, it's too early for you to be crowing - I was okay also, for the first week! LOL Really, I hope you don't have any problems in this department - you've got enough other things going on.
Hey apple, good idea, but it's hard when dieticians are giving opposite information to everyone, isn't it? And it's no good saying my dietician knows me best, because it was only one consultation in the hospital and one quick phone call!
Chris
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female

PostSubject: Re: About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve   About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve - Page 5 EmptyMon 07 Jul 2008, 12:56 pm

just a reminder okay a nag even if the strong stuff has worked hit that benfibre just to make sure you do not get any more problems. I agree it is also good for the oposite.
okay I admit I know it is cruel but some of this stuff is giving me a good laugh hehehehe

applesauce
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve   About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve - Page 5 EmptyMon 07 Jul 2008, 11:53 am

Oh, don't like the idea of a suppository, Nicole, but better that than having no control I think.
I saw my GP today, and she was at a bit of a loss too. But I found out it's okay to keep taking immodium for a week or two, if necessary. She also suggested acidopholous - I can empty the goodies out of the capsule to take it.
I'm glad you're feeling better.
Chris
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female

PostSubject: Re: About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve   About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve - Page 5 EmptyMon 07 Jul 2008, 6:23 am

lol steph you have missed some really graphic posts about bowel motions :lol!:

I ended up having to use a suppositry yesterday as i was getting very constipated, it worked and today i feel good

Nicole ☀
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female

PostSubject: Re: About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve   About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve - Page 5 EmptyMon 07 Jul 2008, 3:19 am

I came home yesterday and had my first motion this morning, no probs. Sorry everyone.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve   About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve - Page 5 EmptySun 06 Jul 2008, 10:28 pm

Oh, gee, maybe you'd better go to the hospital if it's that bad - it can be really painful if you don't do something soon enough. Good luck!
Chris
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve   About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

About Constipation And Bowel Movements With the Sleeve
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next