Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
workdanceplay
workdanceplay

Female
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2010-02-01

Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 4 EmptyThu 11 Feb 2010, 12:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just had sleeve surgery with Dr Costa Karihaloo at lake macquarie private hospital and he and his staff have been fantastic!

any questions ask away.......
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Josie2
Part of the furniture

Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2010-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 4 EmptyWed 05 Oct 2011, 11:11 am

You will both be so glad you had the sleeve, I am just sorry I did not have it sooner. Don't get me wrong you still have to work for it. That is you need to follow the recommendations and make good choices about what you eat (protein always first). I still get hungry but it now does not take very much to fill me up. I can now eat anything I like but I still avoid carbs by choice, especially rice, pasta and bread. When I do have them it is just a little.

My weight loss has been really consistent. I had one gain of 0.5 but it was TTOTM and I lost 3kg the following week so I don't think it was a real gain. My weight loss has slowed a little now but I still average about 1.2kg a week compared to an average of 1.7kg a week in the first 3 months. My goal is to continue to lose 5kg a month for the next 6 months to get to goal. I have started exercising more the past couple of weeks which I did not do at all when I started. I just physically couldn't where as now it is really easy. It is amazing how much better you feel when you are 50kg lighter.

I can't wait to hear all about both your journeys,
Back to top Go down
jacqualine
jacqualine

Female
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2011-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 4 EmptyWed 05 Oct 2011, 6:49 am

I went to Cathy the dietician and i love her she is great and very honest! Don't know why i didnt have to see the psychologis BUT I am not complaining.LOL
Bring on the 20.10.11 so i can find out my date for my op and start my new begining. Nuts
Back to top Go down
It's my turn

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 4 EmptyWed 05 Oct 2011, 4:44 am

Hey Josie and Jacqualine,

Thanks for your responses. I am looking forward to the seminar now, knowing I can book in and get things moving.

JDr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 4 369315

Josie , your weight loss is amazing for six months, or any time frame. Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 4 446871 You really seem happy with your journey. Are you finding your weight loss steady and have you ever had a gain?

For those of you reading the support blogs, I thought I would let you know I went to my GP, and was so happy with her support and encouragement. She thought I was perfect for the surgery and told me to come back and see her any time if I wanted to know anything else.

Keep up the great work!

Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 4 542174
Back to top Go down
Josie2
Part of the furniture
Josie2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 4 EmptyTue 04 Oct 2011, 12:27 pm

Hi IMT & Jacqualine,

It is great to have some more Dr Costa and Dr Gani people on here. I had ny sleeve done with Dr Costa 6 months ago and it is the best thing I ever did, I feel like a whole new person now.

To answer a few of your Q's there is ussually a Dr and a dietician at the seminar. Afer the seminar you book in with the Dr and then you book in with the dietician. You see the dietician in the same rooms as the Dr. You will see either Kathy or Nicole and they are both lovely.

I am pretty sure Dr Costa makes everyone see the psychologist and he may send you for some other tests, For me I had to have some blood tests and a barium swallow as well. You then go back and see him and if he is happy with everything he will book you in for surgery.

i am happy to answer any other questions you both have.

Best of luck
Back to top Go down
It's my turn

Female

PostSubject: Dr Costa Karilahoo- The Newcastle Area   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 4 EmptyTue 04 Oct 2011, 7:00 am

Hi Jacqualine

Thanks so much for your quick reply. How exciting for you that you are well on your way to the slimmer you before Christmas. I didn't realise there was so much patience involved (but will be worth it). Please let us now how you go on the 20th. Also what is the name of the dietician and how did you find your consult with him/her? And how come no visit to the psychologist?

Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 4 697586

It's great to have this site.
Back to top Go down
jacqualine
jacqualine

Female

PostSubject: Dr Costa Newcastle Area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 4 EmptyMon 03 Oct 2011, 11:47 pm

Hello and Welcome!!!
The doctor likes you to see the seminar first before they make your appointment,once you have seen the seminar they will then make an app for you.It can take some time tho(around2,3mths) before you can get in to see the doctor.I am with Dr Gani that's in the same rooms but the seminar that i saw was with Dr Costa! They are both just great and helpful.I have seen the dietician but did not have to see a Psychologist. I go back on the 20.10.2011 to see Dr Gani for my date for my op which will be at the end of November.YAY!!!!!!
Good luck and keep an eye on this site as it helps you so much.
Look forward in seeing you on here again. Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 4 542174
Back to top Go down
It's my turn

Female

PostSubject: Dr Costa Karihaloo- The Newcastle Area   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 4 EmptyMon 03 Oct 2011, 10:03 pm

Hi

I am booked in for seminar with Dr Costa,11th Oct 2011, although I don't know who actually does the seminar. I was just wanting to know, I rang for my app with dr Costa, but was only given seminar date. When can I make my Dr Costa app or will I be seeing Dr Costa on the same day. Also, When will I be told to book psychologist and dietician appointant.

Love this site ,

Thanks so much

It's my turnDr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 4 487524
Back to top Go down
jacqualine
jacqualine

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 4 EmptyFri 30 Sep 2011, 1:03 am

fleastar1977 wrote:
Hi,
I've also been watching n hoping 4 new people :)
I'm also hoping to chat with others who have had dr Gani do there sleeve with dr c assisting :)
I can't wait till we all can meet up sometime, if u don't mind me asking do u new member have massive amount of weight to losse? I've got massive amounts 100 kgs but would b happy with 50 + kgs as a starting goal to losse.
Talk soon
Hugs felisha xx
Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 4 355206 New people yay!!! I to have been hoping for new people and I am booked in with Dr Gani at the end of november 2011 and I to have to get rid of 100kg.keep in touch by now i think you should of had you op so i hope all is well.It would be great to have a get together for all us sleeves in the newly aera.
Back to top Go down
Josie2
Part of the furniture
Josie2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 4 EmptySun 12 Jun 2011, 10:44 pm

Hi Felisha,

It sounds like we have had a pretty similar path. I also had to wait ages because I originally thought my health insurance would cover it and then found out it didn't, had to switch and then wait the year. At the time I was devastated! Everyone has to do at least 2 weeks of Opti but the dietician will help you with that. The reason being that they want you to lose as much fat off your liver as possible as the smaller the liver the safer/easier the surgery is for you and them. I know Dr Costa gives everyone a weight they must reach before surgery and he does send people home if they don't make the weight. He sent someone home the day I had surgery. The weight he gives to lose is very realistic though. For me in the December he set my surgery weight for the March at 6kg less than what I was at the time. The problem was that I put on another 4-5kg over December & January so had to really work hard from February on to make my surgery weight (under 160kg) - which I did (157kg). I put on over Dec - Jan as it was that party time of the year but also because I kept thinking I will never be able to eat certain things again. That was wrong though. I am finding I can eat everything, the quantities are what have changed. What I enjoy and don't enjoy as much have changed a bit too. I have been going really well but had a terrible couple of days of eating the wrong things tis weekend but still managed to lose weight this week as I am choosing the right things most of the time. I am not going to get hung up on that though and am back to eating the right things today. I am continuing to track my daily calories and protein and I also see Cathy and have found her really helpful. I was really worried that my size would make the surgery much riskier so that was another reason I started opti 4 weeks ahead rather than the obligatory 2. I had lots of worries about that as I had not seen that many women of my size on the site initially. In the end most of them were unfounded but I am happy to chat with you cos that would have really helped to ease my mind. Speak soon,
Back to top Go down
fleastar1977

Female
Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2011-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 4 EmptySun 12 Jun 2011, 12:44 pm

Hi,
Yes I seen dr C over a year ago about other issues n spoke about weight loss surgery. I then went to the seminar and met Dr Gani n really liked him so I stayed with Dr Gani :) he has been learning the sleeve with Dr C n once a month from what I understand they do the sleeve together on people. so I've been on this rd now 4 aliitle while waiting 4 my private health to cut in, so I have my date booked in 4 the 8th September :) 12 weeks
I'm wondering as our bmi r near the same Josie if u were told to loose weight b 4 u started opti?? I've been trying n finding it very hard :( I see Dr Gani n Cathy next Monday n I'm concerned they will want big weight loss
So r u going ok now?? I'm worrying about surgery n recovery
Hope to talk soon
Hugs fleastar (felisha) xx
Back to top Go down
Josie2
Part of the furniture
Josie2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 4 EmptyThu 09 Jun 2011, 7:55 am

Hi again to both of you,

I know exactly how you feel. You are where I was just 6 months ago and all I can say is it seems so strange now, such a distant memory. Everything has gone so smoothly for me that the stress of making the decision and the anxiety leading up to it was probably the hardest part. I also have stacks to lose and have lost 35kg since starting on my opti phase on 21 Feb and then the surgery on 21 March. I chose to do the extra 2 weeks of opti as I had so much to lose and wanted to make sure I did everything I could to reduce the risks of the surgery. I ultimately want to lose 88 kgs to get my BMI under 30 (I will then technically be 'over weight" as opposed to 'obese') but to be honest would be happy just to get into double digits and be able to stay there. All my life I have been either putting weight on or losing it. Would love to just be stable for a change!

At present I am losing about 1kg a week. I have not started a concerted exercise effort as yet - thought I would save that up to give the weight loss a kick start again if it slows down. I am really trying to make sure I get lots of incidental exercise by trying to be more active in every part of my life. It is amazing how easy it is to be active when you are 30+kgs lighter! I feel like a new woman already! My biggest fear is that I will revert back to my old habits and the sleeve will 'fail'. Now that I have it I know how true it is that the sleeve is only a tool. For me I still really need to focus on changing my mindset. All the bad things still seem to go down easy if I let myself go but the sleeve helps by not letting you do as much damage in one go. It still scares me a bit though, so as I said before I am really trying to change some of the deep seeded ways I look at food and use food and the sleeve helps me to be more aware of this. Not sure if that makes sense but it is hard to explain. This site helps me a lot too. I have found joining the monthly thread for March (when I had the sleeve) is a big support as we are all going through things together and supporting each other as we go. I would certainly recommend also linking up with the thread for the month you are intending the surgery.

Have either of you had your initial appointments yet or do you have surgery dates yet? All I can say is where you are now til 1 day post surgery is the hardest part. After that it gets better every day. I can't tell you how pleased I am that I went ahead with the sleeve. It is definitely one of the best decisions of my life and I am respecting and loving it.

I dont know Dr Gani but I can't speak highly enough of Dr Costa K. I could not have been any happier with him as I found him respectful and caring and he also did an amazing job with the surgery as far as I can tell! I think he and Dr Gani have had the practice together for a while so I imagine they would work well together. Happy to talk more about any aspect of the surgery/process if you are interested. Not knowing what to expect was really scary for me at the time. Take Care
Back to top Go down
bubblybear
Part of the furniture
bubblybear

Female
Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2011-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 4 EmptyWed 08 Jun 2011, 10:43 pm

Hi Josie and Felisha, Im glad we have given this thread a new lease of life heheheheh Im loving the fact that this site is available for all of us it has answered so many of my questions and to know others are thinking and feeling the same way that I am.
Felisha I weigh 125kgs my BMI is 47.5 im a diabetic on insulin I have a hernia from a previous operation many years ago and I got this because I went home from hospital still doing everything around the house because I had a lazy husband back then got rid of him tho lol. Id love to lose 50kgs but my first goal would be to get under the 100 kgs. Ive been going to the local anytime fitness for over 2 years now I have lost about 20 kgs but just cant get rid of the rest ive been trying my whole life and now Ive decided to take the plunge to do this especially after seeing a couple of ladies in our town that have had it. I am soooooooooooooo excited about getting to see Dr Costa and to go ahead with everything but am shitting my pants as well lol. We need to organise to catch up soon Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 4 120705
Back to top Go down
fleastar1977

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 4 EmptyWed 08 Jun 2011, 2:39 pm

Hi,
I've also been watching n hoping 4 new people :)
I'm also hoping to chat with others who have had dr Gani do there sleeve with dr c assisting :)
I can't wait till we all can meet up sometime, if u don't mind me asking do u new member have massive amount of weight to losse? I've got massive amounts 100 kgs but would b happy with 50 + kgs as a starting goal to losse.
Talk soon
Hugs felisha xx
Back to top Go down
Josie2
Part of the furniture
Josie2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 4 EmptyTue 07 Jun 2011, 10:13 pm

Sorry Felisha but my next appointment is not til July.

Hey bubblybear - I think Sandy-lou was referring to last year. I have been watching this thread for months hoping some new Dr Costa patients would show up as noone had written on it since mid last year. You and Felisha have just given this thread new life which is great.
Back to top Go down
fleastar1977

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 4 EmptyTue 07 Jun 2011, 2:10 pm

Hi
It's been great to have some people wanting to chat :) n even better knowing some of my locals r going a head with the sleeve :)
I was thinking one of u were wondering when dr c is away????
I was booked in 4 the 11th August 4 my sleeve but was then postponed till 8th sep as dr c will b away in Aug, hope that helps.
R any of u going to b at the Drs rooms on the 20th June?? I will b :)
Hugs felisha xx
Back to top Go down
bubblybear
Part of the furniture
bubblybear

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 4 EmptyTue 07 Jun 2011, 3:17 am

hi sandie-lou just wanted to let u know i have an appointment with costa on the 29th june so id say he maybe off july?
Back to top Go down
fleastar1977

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 4 EmptyMon 06 Jun 2011, 12:39 pm

Hi
I'm having my sleeve on the 8th September dr Gani n Dr c r both doing my surgery :)
Dr Gani is learning how to do the sleeve to I'll have both Drs :) I'd love to catch up with some of the people who have been sleeved or r getting sleeved by Dr gani or Dr c :)
I live in the Hunter Valley n my next appointment is on the 20 th June to see Dr gani.
If anyone would like to catch up or chat to me about how they got on after these Drs doing there sleeves is love to hear from u :)
Hugs to everyone
Fleastar1977 Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 4 21984
Back to top Go down
Josie2
Part of the furniture
Josie2

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 4 EmptyMon 06 Jun 2011, 8:57 am

Hi Pupcake and bubblybear,

I had my sleeve with Costa in March this year. I have been so happy with him every step of the way and he has made it all so easy. He has a lovely manner and the surgery itself went very smoothly for me. He visited me every day whilst I was in hospital so I was amazed when other people on the site who saw other Dr's have said they hardly saw their Dr after the surgery.

I am surprised to hear that the sleeve was not mentioned at the seminar as when I went to the seminar last year Costa talked about all 3 options and spent a lot of time on the sleeve. I chose to go with the sleeve and it is the best decision I have ever made. I am happy to answer any questions you might have. Best of luck to you both!!
Back to top Go down
bubblybear
Part of the furniture
bubblybear

Female

PostSubject: Hi Workdanceplay im going in to see Dr Costa on the 29th June to find out more about the sleeve Ive been to the seminar with Dr Gani and cant wait to get it all moving im only new to this site and not sure if im doing this right   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 4 EmptyMon 06 Jun 2011, 1:32 am

workdanceplay wrote:
Just had sleeve surgery with Dr Costa Karihaloo at lake macquarie private hospital and he and his staff have been fantastic!

any questions ask away.......
Back to top Go down
Juwa
Juwa

Female
Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2010-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 4 EmptySat 26 Mar 2011, 7:08 am

You're welcome pupcake:)

I havent heard of Dr Costa Karihaloo... I've likely chosen Dr Michael Talbot, only because of many recommendations, although I havent met him yet. I have an appointment in May, and with his GP in April. Very very strange Dr C skipped it in the seminar. One seminar i went to, although covering all options, discussed the sleeve by far the most... and kind of suggested its the only way to go.

J:) x
Back to top Go down
Pupcake
Pupcake

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 4 EmptySat 26 Mar 2011, 6:44 am

Thanks for encouraging msge Juwa. Doctor I'm referring to is Costa Karihaloo.

P:)
Back to top Go down
Juwa
Juwa

Female
Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2010-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 4 EmptySat 26 Mar 2011, 5:45 am

Pupcake, dont know the doctor you refer to, but congratulations that you have accepted that you need help. I just know I wouldnt have a chance of reaching my goal without a tool like this. All the best and dont stress. Its looking like I will be operated in June some time, so we will be about the same:).

Best wishes, stay in touch in here... so many caring people to help see you through... who can relate to how hard it is being big and also the good things and sometimes difficult things related to having the operation and life thereafter. See you around the forum:)

J:) xx
Back to top Go down
Pupcake
Pupcake

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-03-25

PostSubject: Finally admitted defeat, I need help   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Mar 2011, 8:30 am

Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 4 355206 Hello everyone. Lovely to read all your thoughts

And so, a new chapter in my life begins. First appointment was with Dr C this week. He definitely seems to have a preference for the sleeve, which is good for me as I was leaning that way anyway, however I do wonder why he skipped it at the seminar earlier this year in Feb and I have read somewhere else in this forum that Dr Gani also skipped it in his seminar.
At the moment I feel like I'm on another planet -anxious, excited & can only think about the journey ahead. Have to snap out of it & get on with my life as it is now. I hope I am doing the right thing, but I feel there is no other way & I need help ! The usual formalities with tests, dietician and psych will follow in the next 3 weeks. I expect a date will be set for the op mid May '11.
Anyone else out there doing the WLS with Dr C mid 2011 ?
BTW - Someone enquired about consult fees - $150

Last edited by Pupcake on Wed 30 Mar 2011, 6:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Please can you move to the appropriate thread in "The Surgeons" - namely "Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area". Sorry, new at this & was so eager that I posted my topic in the wrong place. Many thanks - Pam aka Pupcake)
Back to top Go down
sandy_lou
Part of the furniture
sandy_lou

Female
Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2010-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 4 EmptyWed 27 Oct 2010, 10:38 am

I just re-read this whole thread, how worried we all were! Alter, your daughter's wedding is soon, isn't it? Have you picked a dress?
Back to top Go down
http://gastricsleevesandy.blogspot.com/
Kirsty.byrnes
Kirsty.byrnes

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 4 EmptySun 19 Sep 2010, 12:37 am

Thanks for that Carrie. will check it out. :-)
kirsty
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 4 EmptySat 18 Sep 2010, 1:57 pm

Hi Kirsty,

Have a read of the Welcome to Newbies section. The instructions for the ticker are there, have a read of the whole section, it will give you an idea of how the site works.

Cheers - Carrie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next