Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
workdanceplay
workdanceplay

Female
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2010-02-01

Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 8 EmptyThu 11 Feb 2010, 12:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just had sleeve surgery with Dr Costa Karihaloo at lake macquarie private hospital and he and his staff have been fantastic!

any questions ask away.......
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Eternlslady
Part of the furniture

Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 8 EmptyTue 30 Mar 2010, 3:24 am

WOW! Was he running late today or what? I didn't get in to see the nurse until 11 and my appointment was for 10:15!

All is set for me. I have to do the compulsory running around trying to find a dietician who isn't on holiday *grin*
I have an appointment with Nicole in May and as soon as the slack receptionists get back I will make my appointment with the psychologist (which is an hour away from my house, DH isn't a happy chappy!)

Dr K is quite happy to go along with the sleeve (he told me referral was a first. I was actually referred specifically for a sleeve, not for 'weight loss surgery'... not quite sure whether to believe him) there was a mention of me probably having surgery in May, but that was before finding out that I can't get an appointment with a dietician before then, so I guess I will be waiting a little longer.

How did everyone else go today? And did I miss waving at any of you?
Back to top Go down
sandy_lou
Part of the furniture
sandy_lou

Female
Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2010-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 8 EmptyMon 29 Mar 2010, 9:52 pm

Thanks Georgie, I'm very excited!

Hi Miss, nice to meet you. I'm Sandra from Newcastle and have my first appointment today.
Back to top Go down
http://gastricsleevesandy.blogspot.com/
cos im worth it
Part of the furniture
cos im worth it

Female
Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 8 EmptyMon 29 Mar 2010, 10:38 am

Sandy_lou- just wanted to say good luck with your appointment tomorrow!
Will be waiting to hear how it goes. Oh, & I hope Costa's running on time for a change, lol!
Back to top Go down
miss
Part of the furniture
miss

Female
Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 8 EmptySun 28 Mar 2010, 5:18 am

Hey everyone,

Wont go into my past as I have said it enuf to make people get tired from hearing it all over again! I am located in Terrigal on the Central Coast. I am going to see the Dr on the 30th of this month. I have seen his Psychiatrist and Dietitian. I hope I can chat to you to get some tips! Congrats to those who are already sleeved and lost some weight! Is anyone now stabilizing their weight?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=708312072
cos im worth it
Part of the furniture
cos im worth it

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 8 EmptySat 27 Mar 2010, 1:27 am

Hi alter ego - thats very sweet of you to offer to visit! I'll PM you later on, so you will know who you are looking for!

I just feel it will be a long week, Costa wants to keep me in as a precaution, due to the distance involved. I'm more than happy with that, just a long time to be on your own. I'll have to try & look at it as a little holiday!
Take Care,
Back to top Go down
alter ego
alter ego

Female
Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2010-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 8 EmptyFri 26 Mar 2010, 9:36 pm

Hi all,
Thanks sandy_lou for asking how i was, I have my check up with Dr Costa on the Tues at midday - he is always running late, so I might still be there when you get there.
Thanks workdanceplay, I have been weighing myself everyday and not a good outcome, so have decided not to weigh myself until my next appointment with Dietician and Dr Costa. Patience was never one of my fortes.

I am doing great, struggle to get in all the protein, but i am getting in all the water, still some incision ouchy, but have been shopping, driving, etc, just got to remember to go slow, my biggest problem is I live by myself so go to move or lift things and then remember not to lift.

Hey cos im worth it, I did read in you other post that you have no-one to visit, don't worry I will visit you, I don't live far from the hospital, just send me a PM and we can catch -up

Take care
XX
Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 8 697586 Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 8 697586
Back to top Go down
cos im worth it
Part of the furniture
cos im worth it

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 8 EmptyFri 26 Mar 2010, 3:29 am

Hi sandy_lou, From memory my first appt went for about 20/30mins? Sounds like a good idea to organize someone for the school pick-up though, as he's been running 45mins late each time I've been!
He will probably go through the surgery with you, risks, benefits etc. Get weighed, work out BMI etc. I think I may have mentioned before, my bmi is 33-34, but I did have almost uncontrollable gestational diabetes (3 insulin injections daily) with my last pregnancy & there is a family history of the disease . So think that may have swung it for me.
Keep us posted as to how you go. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
sandy_lou
Part of the furniture
sandy_lou

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 8 EmptyFri 26 Mar 2010, 3:08 am

19th of April! Fantastic! I hope I get a quick date, I'm hoping the last week of April, it will fit in with everything perfectly. What do you do in the first appointment? Oh and how long did it go for? Mine's at 2pm but have to pick up the kids at 3pm...I may have to get someone to pick them up for me.

What questions do they ask you? I'll subscribe to the April thread so I don't miss anything.

Wow, that's not long to wait, less than a month! Congratulations! So exciting.
Back to top Go down
cos im worth it
Part of the furniture
cos im worth it

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 8 EmptyFri 26 Mar 2010, 2:14 am

I have posted in the April page, but thought I'd update here also.
My appointment with Dr K on Wednesday went really well & I am booked in for surgery on the 19th April!
I cant decide whether I'm nervous or excited, a funny combination of both really.

sandy_lou - good luck with your appt. on Tues. Costa commented on my weight gain since the last visit (an embarrassing 3 kilos ) he just said "well you did have Christmas to contend with"!
Also saw Cathy Harbury the dietician & was very pleasantly surprised. I've not seen one before so guess I was under some misconception she would be judgemental etc. Not the case at all!

I'm off to pack my bag NOW...lol !
Back to top Go down
sandy_lou
Part of the furniture
sandy_lou

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 8 EmptyFri 26 Mar 2010, 12:19 am

How you feeling Alter?
Back to top Go down
workdanceplay
workdanceplay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 8 EmptyMon 22 Mar 2010, 10:36 am

Yayyyyyyy alter!
as they say" welcome to the other side" sounds so corny!

dont stress you will lose weight! Like nicole -dietican said to me its impossible not to lose weight! and she is right, i just keep losing.
Back to top Go down
sandy_lou
Part of the furniture
sandy_lou

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 8 EmptyMon 22 Mar 2010, 12:56 am

Thanks Alter, yes out with that excess baggage! I can't wait to do it too (the fat, not the husband, lol)

I have my first appointment next Tuesday and am hoping to pencil in a tentative surgery date. I'll ask anyway. I'm sooooo impatient! I just watch Youtube sleeve bloggers over and over and love seeing how skinning they are getting. I can't wait until it's me!
Back to top Go down
cos im worth it
Part of the furniture
cos im worth it

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 8 EmptySun 21 Mar 2010, 11:14 pm

Hi alter ego - again just wanted to say really pleased for you to be out on the other side. Great that your doing so well. A lot of people on here seem to experience little or no weight loss in the early days (possibly due to iv fluids in hospital?) It is going to happen though, man is it going to happen!

sandy-lou - like you I'm just getting fatter..! My appointment with Costa is Wednesday. In one sense cant wait, then I'm dreading it cos I feel so embarrassed about the weight gain since my last visit. Oh well I guess he's used to it!
Back to top Go down
alter ego
alter ego

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 8 EmptySun 21 Mar 2010, 10:59 pm

Hey sandy_lou

It was a very long wait at admissions Dr Costa was helping out with some other surgery, oh well your turn comes around in the end,
only pain at the moment is some incision pain, or if you gulp you liquids down there is a very quick reminder that you have a tender tummy,
Don’t feel bad about the weight gain before you start opti, I felt like I was never going to eat any of my favourite foods again, so I made sure I hade them before Opti phase, yeah I was pretty happy with that but did gain heaps of weight,

Our biggest problem is our love of food and our love affair with food,
So very sad my love affair is over, Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 8 68366 will just file that affair in the excess baggage compartment with the 2 ex husbands and some others, and now i feel like this Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 8 314562

So its almost like we have shed a part of us to reveal a happier and better self.

I am sooo looking forward to the future now whereas it seemed to be lost in the baggage compartment with all the rest of the stuff.
PS: Should be driving by Tuesday or Wednesday,
Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 8 63412
Back to top Go down
sandy_lou
Part of the furniture
sandy_lou

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 8 EmptySun 21 Mar 2010, 10:19 pm

Welcome to the other side! Sounds like it was a walk in the park? Do you have any pain? That's a long wait from 7am. Can't wait to see your progress and can't wait for it to be me! I'm getting fatter by the day.
Back to top Go down
alter ego
alter ego

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 8 EmptySun 21 Mar 2010, 9:27 pm

Hi All,
all went well, came home on Saturday, op was 2.30pm on Wednesday (got there at 7am), felt so good when i woke up in recovery,
Dr Costa came thru Wed evening and said all went well and had fixed the small hernia as well,
also saw him on Thurs, and Friday was when he said I could go home on Saturday,

Thanks workdanceplay for the info, Nicole ended up posting thru the information to me while I was in Hospital and Sharon(what a nice person), Dr Costas clinic nurse went and got some Freusbin drinks from Cathy,

All is good drinking most of the fluids, taking all the Meds and vitamins, can't wait for a thinner me,

PS: weight loss - there isn't any at this stage Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 8 697586

There was another lady in there with me for the same op which was great, she was great and she was 67, she went thru with flying colours.

Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 8 355206
Back to top Go down
sandy_lou
Part of the furniture
sandy_lou

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 8 EmptyTue 16 Mar 2010, 8:50 am

Will be thinking about you all day tomorrow, Alt. Weeeeeeeee!!!! It's so exciting! Sleep well and can't wait to hear all about it.
Back to top Go down
workdanceplay
workdanceplay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 8 EmptyTue 16 Mar 2010, 8:35 am

there is nothing you need to worry about, at all.

costa will see you in hospital and you will be on liquids for the 1st 2 weeks- no puree just liquid- nicole said "anything that will fit through a straw" its a simple guide. you will find it boring towards the end of the 2 weeks but its all so your tummy will heal.
dont stress all will be good!!!
we are all here for you.
Back to top Go down
alter ego
alter ego

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 8 EmptyTue 16 Mar 2010, 6:22 am

I forgot to say, (that was either old age or nerves)
I need to arrive at hospital at 7am, so looks like first cab of the rank.
Nerves are setting in, feeling really nervous about it now,

I need to arrive at hospital at 7am fro admission, it looks like I am first cab of the rank.
Nerves are setting in,

Don't have any post-op diet info, Nicole was taken to Hospital last night, spoke to her practice all is well, just a precaution,
so I am winging it on the post op info, got lots of info from other peoples posts,
this is such an excellent site, covers all emergencies and drams.

Bye for now,
will let you know how I go in a couple of days.

Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 8 697586
Back to top Go down
alter ego
alter ego

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 8 EmptyTue 16 Mar 2010, 6:20 am

Well-done workdanceplay Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 8 427584 Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 8 427584
excellent result, so looking forward to being a lighter happier me, I'm with sandy_lou to lose 20kg and know its not coming back.
Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 8 21984 Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 8 64827
Back to top Go down
cos im worth it
Part of the furniture
cos im worth it

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 8 EmptyMon 15 Mar 2010, 8:50 pm

workdanceplay - That is fabulous! So very very encouraging. Can't wait for it to be my turn!
Back to top Go down
sandy_lou
Part of the furniture
sandy_lou

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 8 EmptyMon 15 Mar 2010, 8:21 pm

workdanceplay wrote:
Good luck girls you will be sooooooo happy when the next couple of weeks are over. This is truly the best decision you will ever make.
I have now lost a total of 20kgs in about 2 months.
good luck and thinking of you!!!

20kg! Way to go! I can only dream what it's like to know that it's not coming back on. You must be doing a happy dance every time you pass a mirror. How much more do you want to lose?
Back to top Go down
workdanceplay
workdanceplay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 8 EmptyMon 15 Mar 2010, 12:23 pm

Good luck girls you will be sooooooo happy when the next couple of weeks are over. This is truly the best decision you will ever make.
I have now lost a total of 20kgs in about 2 months.
good luck and thinking of you!!!
Back to top Go down
sandy_lou
Part of the furniture
sandy_lou

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 8 EmptyMon 15 Mar 2010, 8:28 am

Awesome work on the Opti. You sound all organised! I'm very excited for you!
Back to top Go down
cos im worth it
Part of the furniture
cos im worth it

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 8 EmptyMon 15 Mar 2010, 7:11 am

Hi alter - was really hoping you would stop by prior to Wednesday. Just want to wish you all the best for the big day, you sound super organized & well done with the Opti!

Look forward to hearing all about it when you feel up to it.
Take Care,
Georgie.

kiss
Back to top Go down
alter ego
alter ego

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 8 EmptyMon 15 Mar 2010, 6:33 am

Hi guys,
I haven’t really gone missing in action, was reading all the time, jsut had mountains of work to get rid of, and have nearly done it all, also had training seminar in Melbourne for 3 days, as well as all appointments etc, so it keeps you jumping, (phew know wonder i have lost 6 kgs)

YES YES YES it is all a go for Wednesday 17th March, in the am I believe,
Opti has gone really well have lost nearly 6kg, hopefully will be at the 100kg mark on op day, but if not all will be ok, as I am not going to stress over anything at the moment. Actually thought Opti tasted ok, I put some equal into it.

My bags are still packed; I am ready to go,
Got the apple juice – Thanks Vouge
Go the degas – thanks to all for that bit of info
Also the Benefibre., soluble Panadol, Supadryn vitamins,
Hopefully got it all covered, if not,

How does the song go – Don’t worry.
Will keep you updated on owies or ouchies.

Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 8 487524 Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 8 120705
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!   Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area! - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dr Costa Karihaloo - newcastle area!
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next