Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Bee
Bee

Female
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 11 EmptyTue 23 Sep 2008, 12:18 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if there is anyone out there who has been pregnant since having the sleeve or knows of anyone who has? If so how did you go eating wise? I can't seem to find anything on this anywhere, only pregnancies with gastric bypass...

Bee
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Tamara
Part of the furniture

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 11 EmptyTue 05 Oct 2010, 12:08 pm

I just thought that I would pop in and update, as I probably wont get another chance.
I am booked into hospital for this Thursday (7th October) for my c/s (nothing to do with the sleeve, I had a c/s when Lily was born so have opted to have another one), Im not sure when I will be back, but since I recover from surgery well, I am hoping to be home by Sunday/Monday (that's of course, providing everything is ok with my little man).

For those of you on my facebook, you can stalk me on there from about lunch time Thursday for an update, and photos :)

xx
Tamara
Back to top Go down
issi
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 11 EmptyMon 04 Oct 2010, 10:50 am

Hepburn some people can be really insensitive, i've found that though out my pregnancy, there are some things you just don't say to pregnant women. It's good that you took it in the positive! Just be prepared for all the too thin/too fat are you about to pop? you don't even look pregnant yet.... oh and the lovely women that will be twice your size and tell you they never got as big as you when they were pregnant last year... while your only small and 32weeks along. People will always project their own issues and insecurities onto you. I've even copped a bunch of criticism about my choice to try to breast feed everything from being told it's an early form of sexual abuse (wtf?!). Just take it with a grain of salt and think super positive ((hugs))

Back to top Go down
Hepburn
Hepburn

Female
Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 11 EmptyMon 04 Oct 2010, 10:01 am

Sorry I missed your post Bettyboo :( Very sad news indeed.

Obviously I stopped receiving notice about this thread and just assumed nobody had written in here....lucky I checked.

Once again, feeling like I'm being a little inappropriate given Bettyboo's news, but just wanted to update my situation....although not much to report. I'm 9 and a half weeks along and doing quite well. Nausea is awful, and I'm still losing weight, but slowly. I'm down to 88kg which is scarily smaller than I was when I fell with my daughter. I'm feeling ok though, and just seem to eat all the time, and am looking forward to making it to 12 weeks, getting scans and tests done to check everything is fine, and not having to bite my tongue when I nearly slip up and mention it to people....I hate finding out I'm pregnant so early - makes for a VERY long pregnancy! Hope those who've had bad news recently are feeling better, and those that are on their way to being Mum's soon are feeling great.

Oh, I had my checkup with the dietician last week and I broke the news to her (hoping she would break the news to my surgeon so I don't have to do it). Anyway, her comment was this: "we've had a few pregnant sleevers....though none have actually given birth!" Say what? I chose to take it that she meant they are still pregnant rather than the obvious negative alternative she was alluding to. Is it just me or is it really not necessary to say that to someone who is pregnant - despite the odds for viable pregnancies in ANYONE not just sleevers? Ahhh, anyway...So far I'm fine. Dr's visit on the 20th October for 12 week scans :)
Back to top Go down
Tamara
Part of the furniture
Tamara

Female
Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 11 EmptyThu 30 Sep 2010, 2:50 am

Bettyboo - Im so sorry for your loss.
(((HUGS)))
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
smileykylie
Part of the furniture
smileykylie

Female
Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 11 EmptyWed 29 Sep 2010, 12:12 pm

Bettyboo very sorry to hear about your news.
Back to top Go down
Joyla
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2010-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 11 EmptyTue 28 Sep 2010, 8:15 pm

Sorry to hear of your news Bettyboo - many hugs coming your way.
Back to top Go down
bettyboo

Female
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2010-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 11 EmptyTue 28 Sep 2010, 4:39 pm

I am stil breast feeding my 20 month old she has around 6 to 8 drinks a day and I never lost my milk so that was good.

I won't be needing to be in this section any more I had a miscarriage this week its sad but ok I will be waiting awaile before we try again and getting a stronger pill.

Cheers Bettyboo
Back to top Go down
issi
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 11 EmptyMon 27 Sep 2010, 5:42 am

If you drink powerade/hydralite/gatorade etc. for hydration and pump for the super hot days (store in freezer) you have a lot better chance of exclusively breast feeding (i was told by ob, midwife and dietician).
Back to top Go down
Xantia
Xantia

Female
Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 11 EmptyFri 24 Sep 2010, 12:06 am

I've been wondernig how our new sleeved mummies went with breastfeeding after bubs is born? My doc was saying that the additional calories required to breastfeed are greater than that of pregnancy and with our new tiny tummies i was wondering if anyone wanted to share how they went?
I breastfed my first babies and would be quite dissapointed if i had to bottle feed as i want to do whats best for bub.
Btw got sneaky and found out the sex. We're having a boy :) So that will be 2 girls and 2 boys for our family - meets my love of even numbers perfectly.
Still havent gained any weight tho and the DH is saying he can notice my thighs and butt have shrunk. I was 75kg when i got pregnant and then morning sickness kicked in and i got down to 71 am now 72.2 and feel like i am constantly eating. Doesnt help when ppl keep telling me how tiny i am and i even had one of the casuals at work accuse me of starving myself and hurting my baby because i was afraid of putting on weigh :(
Anyways my OB is sending me off for growth scans at 28 and 34 weeks so we'll see how were going then :)
Back to top Go down
http://xantias-jouney.piczo.com
issi
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 11 EmptyTue 14 Sep 2010, 12:40 am

I wouldn't worry too much unless you have severe problems keeping anything down, even then they will just put you on fortisip and the occasional drip. I got pregnant accidently just weeks from surgery. Babies are parasites they will take what they need and leave you malnourished so it's important to be on Elevit or similar In addition due to blood test results taken every fortnight I also have to be on (in addition to Elevit):

Vit D3 drops (to prevent autism & I am defficient in vitamin D even with Elevit)
Vit A drop (1 drop only) daily (eyesight issues)
Vit B12 spray (4 sprays, midday, again B12 deficient from surgery - you can get oral or injection or both)
Zinc 10 drops twice daily
Silica 5ml daily (my scars are very fresh and this aids healing/stretching of them)

Iron shots into bum weekly (from 3rd trimester)

Rani2 x 4 day 300mg for heartburn/reflux

Eat full-fat yoghurt for the vitamin K several times a week (the vitamin K is fat soluble so you need to get the normal fat yoghurt not the low fat yoghurt, you don't need to eat much, 2 Tablespoons is enough).

I hope this helps to give you some perspective on how I have to supplement and my baby is growing perfectly - she is exactly the right size for her age on my last growth scan 2 weeks ago, it's not as hard as it seems, just 1 vitamin tablet and 4 reflux tablets a day and a few drops of vitamins in a tiny glass of juice. I wouldn't be able to do it if they were all pills - i'd barf that many different ones up. All the supplements add up to just under $300 for the entire pregnancy, a small price to pay IMO for my precious bundle - and you can still claim 20% back on your tax.

Back to top Go down
Hepburn
Hepburn

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 11 EmptyFri 10 Sep 2010, 7:20 am

Hi Bettyboo :) As far as I am aware the only real reason we are told to wait 12 months is because it's difficult for us to get the nutrition our bodies need during pregnancy and our stomachs aren't completely healed. As far as being dangerous I have been assured by my doctor that there is no evidence that either the sleeve is bad for pregnancy, nor the pregnancy bad for sleeve.

(I'm 6 weeks pregnant and 4 and a bit months since surgery - and I have a 22 month old)
Back to top Go down
bettyboo

Female
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2010-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 11 EmptyFri 10 Sep 2010, 1:53 am

Ok I am having a scare. so I have a few questions. Why does the Dr want you to wait 12months can a pregnancy cause problems with the sleeve??

I am having a WTF day Iam on the pill never miss it I only have one tube we are diffently not trying and I have a 20month old and we work at least 70hrs a week

Thnaks Bettboo
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 11 EmptyMon 06 Sep 2010, 2:21 am

Congratulations Kate,Im so happy for you!!!
Back to top Go down
issi
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 11 EmptyMon 06 Sep 2010, 2:10 am

Congratulations Kate!! My only advice would be to keep on top of staying hydrated, drink an electrolyte drink (powerade etc) or suck hydrolyte icy poles during the summer as it is very easy to get dehydrated. Apart from that enjoy your pregnancy it goes by so quickly!!
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 11 EmptySun 05 Sep 2010, 10:02 pm

Haven't been here for a while, and am so sorry to hear of the losses some of you have experienced recently.
However I'd also like to congratulate you, Kate - and I hope that your pregnancy proceeds well.
Back to top Go down
Hepburn
Hepburn

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 11 EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 7:47 am

Hi everyone :) I'm a May 2010 sleever who, like many on this thread, have unexpectedly found myself pregnant only 3 months after the sleeve.
This is a difficult thing to post given the topics of the last couple of posts, but I guess the whole point of this site is for support and guidance, and obviously that's what we are all looking for.
I too am very sorry to hear of your losses and hope and pray that I don't go through that myself.
I am a mother of a 22 month old daughter, and am just past 5 weeks pregnant with number 2.
My sleeve was May 3rd 2010, and my due date is May 6 2011!!! Ooops. Any advice is most welcome :)

Kate
Back to top Go down
kmsbj
kmsbj

Female
Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 11 EmptySun 15 Aug 2010, 2:16 pm

Hi Diamonds... thank you so much for sharing.
Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 11 217555 Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 11 217555 Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 11 217555 I am sorry that you too have been through such an ordeal. Yesterday must have been tough for you and your family. I do hope you are okay.

Whilst i am (for all intensive purposes) doing okay at this point in time (mostly because i have to be), it has crossed my mind as to how i will handle things later down the track.

My situation is a tricky one... At this point in time i have a 4 week old baby and her 16 year old mother living with me. Whilst it is nice to have a baby in the house it makes it very difficult at times not to loose it completely (emotionally). I actually had the baby with me when i went for my final scan and recieved the results (which was hard). Being told you have lost your child (even at such an early stage) is difficult whilst you are trying to calm someone elses screaming newborn... Trying to remain composed at that point was extremely difficult.

Be kind to yourself Diamonds and allow yourself time to grieve. I am not there yet but am sure i will be a complete mess when my 'due date' comes around. Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 11 217555 Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 11 217555 Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 11 217555
XOXO
Back to top Go down
kmsbj
kmsbj

Female
Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 11 EmptyFri 13 Aug 2010, 1:09 am

Thankyou to all for your kind words. I am coping a lot better than i imagined i would.
Back to top Go down
myeverest
Part of the furniture
myeverest

Female
Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 11 EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 12:08 pm

I'm very sorry for your loss.

Back to top Go down
Peazles
Part of the furniture
Peazles

Female
Number of posts : 1011
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 11 EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 11:48 am

Terribly sorry for your loss =(
Back to top Go down
realme
Part of the furniture
realme

Female
Number of posts : 763
Registration date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 11 EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 11:46 am

very sorry to hear your sad news.
Sending you and your family a big hug and hope you are doing ok.

xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pregnancy with the sleeve
Page 11 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 24  Next