Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Bee
Bee

Female
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 7 EmptyTue 23 Sep 2008, 12:18 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if there is anyone out there who has been pregnant since having the sleeve or knows of anyone who has? If so how did you go eating wise? I can't seem to find anything on this anywhere, only pregnancies with gastric bypass...

Bee
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Hepburn

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 7 EmptyMon 16 May 2011, 4:28 am

Oooh all the best Nat for the last couple of weeks, how exciting.

I now have a bouncing 2 week old boy who is pretty much the dream bub - most of the time. I even get up to 9 hours sleep at night!!! And he's feeding like a pro and gaining weight like only my son could lol! I'm pretty lucky. Learning to juggle two kids and a household is somewhat of a challenge though - but when I have a routine of sorts things should improve.

And Riverina girls - I'd love to make Saturday's meet up but Rick is working so I'd have the two kids, and William is being circumsized in Wagga on Friday (gulp) so I don't think dragging him back to Wagga on Saturday is likely. I'll aim for the next one but Saturdays are a TERRIBLE day for me I'm afraid! Do send my love to everyone though :)
Back to top Go down
The New Improved Me
Part of the furniture
The New Improved Me

Female
Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2010-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 7 EmptyMon 16 May 2011, 4:14 am

Just thought I'd pop in to check for any baby news and yay there was some - congrats Kate - how exciting for you!!

Guess I'll probably be next! I've got 4 weeks to go so the countdown is on. He'll be coming a bit early as he's had some trouble growing but he keeps surprising us every scan so fingers crossed I make it that long!!

Weight wise I've now put on 6 kgs. I have a wonderful appetite all day and night but of course I can only have small portions. Water is becoming my enemy again so I'm really trying to get a lot in. I fill all my water bottles in the morning so I can keep track.

Today is my 10 month sleeve anniversary - cant believe on my one year anniversary I'll have a baby!!

Hope everyone is keeping well

Nat
xxx
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 7 EmptySat 07 May 2011, 10:12 am

Congratulations! I look forward to meeting you, and him at our next Riverina get together?
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 7 EmptySat 07 May 2011, 9:01 am

congrats Kate ,glad all is well!!

hope u can make it to the next meet up so we can have lots of cuddles.(with bub!!)

shelly
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 7 EmptyWed 04 May 2011, 2:14 pm

Congrads on the birth of William Dane wishing you and your famil nothing but the best

hugs sue
Back to top Go down
Lozza (takitaki)
Part of the furniture
Lozza (takitaki)

Female
Number of posts : 923
Registration date : 2010-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 7 EmptyWed 04 May 2011, 1:51 pm

Congratulations Kate and family on the arrival of your little man. How exciting for you 1 year out from your sleeve date.

Hopefully we might get to see him at the get together on the 21st.

Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 7 217555 Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 7 217555 Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 7 217555 Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 7 217555 Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 7 217555

Last edited by Lozza (takitaki) on Wed 04 May 2011, 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 7 EmptyWed 04 May 2011, 1:16 pm

Congratulations Kate on the safe and easy arrival of William.
You and your family must be over the moon!

Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 7 217555 Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 7 217555 Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 7 217555
Back to top Go down
realme
Part of the furniture
realme

Female
Number of posts : 763
Registration date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 7 EmptyWed 04 May 2011, 12:02 pm

Congrats Hepburn, its wonderful to hear all went well with the delivery and now you can enjoy your little miracle!
Back to top Go down
Hepburn
Hepburn

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 7 EmptyWed 04 May 2011, 11:50 am

Hi all,

Just popped in to announce the arrival of William Dane! He came a few days early and was a textbook delivery. Totally different experience to my first pregnancy and delivery which was filled with complications and drama! This one was a breeze and breastfeeding has come so easily and naturally for both of us so far. I had him early Monday morning (2/5/11) and came home today. I feel great. I also kida like the fact that he came exactly a year after my sleeve (3/5/10) - kinda like I finished off the year with the main purpose of having the op in the first place!
As far as eating - I feel a little out of control - my appetite is HUGE (comparitively) now that my milk is coming in! Eeeek! But again, obviously I need it.
Hope all are doing well - will check in again in a few days when things settle down a little :)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 7 EmptyTue 03 May 2011, 4:42 am

Well all I have to say is that I LOVE this thread...
My DH and I have been trying to have a baby for the last 5 years with not much success( I was pregnant but miscarried at 8 weeks) we have done IVF and every feritlity drug on this planet.. I have PCOS and my weight has been the one thing that has been holding me back...
I am now getting sleeved on the 15th June and I cant wait... I will be counting down to either my goal weight or the 12 months which ever comes first, so that I can start to try for a baby...

You have all given me hope and I am so happy and excited to ready all of the pregnancies....

xxx
Back to top Go down
Mim
Mim

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 7 EmptyMon 02 May 2011, 10:13 am

Hi Kate
thanks for that! Glad someone is going through it lol as you said its what goes in your mouth lol, i make sure that what I do eat is worth it, plenty of fruit and veg, yoghurt, good stuff :) Im more aware of my eating this time around, my dr also advised to just keep eating as this is the most important stage, and my body obviously needs it, it just feels like im always eating (i know im not, but just feels like I am compared to my eating habits that im used to now) Im hoping i dont gain to much weight! So glad i didnt order my wedding dress yet!!

Once again Kate thanks you have made me feel so much better :)
Back to top Go down
Hepburn
Hepburn

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 7 EmptyFri 29 Apr 2011, 11:46 am

Mim,

Firstly congratulations! And secondly - I haven't stopped eating for 9 months straight! I kid you not. I'm so worried about how much food I'll be eating after bub is born because I am lucky to go for longer than an hour without putting more food in my mouth.
My anniversary date is on Tuesday - the 3rd of May. My due date is the 6th! So I was still in rapid weight loss mode when I fell pregnant. I even managed to continue to lose weight for the first 14 weeks. But I'm now back up in the high 90's which is scaring the crap outta me....and I still eat huge amounts - well comparitive to what I was eating after the op, before I was pregnant. And who knows what breastfeeding will do to me! However, it took a long time for me to cope with not only weight gain, but increased meal sizes, BUT your child obviously needs it. Try to not consider yourself a sleever whilst you are pregnant. You are still a small eater compared to others (and this helps with indigestion), but you cannot starve yourself whilst pregnant in any way - and your body is trying to compensate for your small meals....just go with it. Try to concentrate on WHAT you are putting in rather than HOW MUCH or HOW OFTEN....I know it's difficult, but you WILL be able to lose it again after the baby arrives.
Try not to panic :)

All the best!

Kate
Back to top Go down
Mim
Mim

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 7 EmptyThu 28 Apr 2011, 12:38 pm

Congratulations to everyone who is expecting!!

Finally got to my goal of 80kg in just over 12 months (Feb2010) was so happy when i checked the scale again a few weeks ago and got done to 79kgs! But then my bubble burst lol have just found out that im 7 weeks pregnant!(very early stages yet) Was quite a shock considering i was told that pregnancy wouldnt happen as my body had gone into shut down mode as it was stressed (could of been caused by rapid weight loss) not sure if i firmly believed this diagnosis at the time, now I now it was possible lol

Im only 7 weeks and im unsure if its my body telling me i need to eat or its just me, but at the moment I feel as though im eating anything thats around! I usually eat 3 small meals a day plus maybe 1 or 2 snacks through the day, plus my 2 litres of water. classic example today i had cereal for breakfast (1/2 cup), a tuna pie for lunch (a full 1, normally i would only eat half!) 2 scoops of icecream with my kids lol, 1 cup fried rice for dinner and 2 pieces of toast! I never eat that much!!! Im disgusted with my self! Went to the dr today for the results of my dating scan and was weighed on her scales and I weighed in at 83kgs!! Not happy with that result. Considering I still have been going to the gym at least 2 times a week!

Is this normal? Is or has anyone had anything similar happen? i understand that weight gain is a natural occurance in pregnancy, I guess to me its just a shock after working so hard to lose 42+ kgs!!
Back to top Go down
Hepburn
Hepburn

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 7 EmptyTue 26 Apr 2011, 10:51 am

I'm the same Nixie - have felt this baby moving from around 16 weeks, and kicks etc have been very very strong. I wasn't sure if it was because I'm so much smaller, or whether it was a much more active baby..but I can say for sure that at almost 39 weeks I am so much more comfortable than I was at this stage of my last pregnancy. So much so that sometimes, depending on the position of the baby at the time, I can actually forget that I'm pregnant - until I go to bend or something lol.
Isabelle spent her last weeks in my belly going up and down and this little one is doing pretty much the same. She was induced at 40+5 and came 36 hours later after a 24 hour labour. I had so many complications during her pregnancy.
THis time around I have had nothing to report, at all! Except a little blurry vision in the past few days. I have had the dream pregnancy I suppose - which means my doctor will not be inducing unless he really, really has to! Now, I would rather not be induced as it was a hard labour from word go last time, and this is going to be my last baby so I'd rather just experience my natural labour, but I have this horrible feeling that I could go up to 3 weeks over!!! Eeeek! I'm not kidding. I have a tilted cervix and really have this fear that this will mean that even if the baby wants to come it won't be able to! I know that sounds crazy, but what if I'm right? I'm ready now - I can't wait another 4 weeks!
Back to top Go down
Nixie73
Nixie73

Female
Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 7 EmptyTue 26 Apr 2011, 4:48 am

I forgot to mention the all important weight gain. I am not worried I am sure once the baby is born that I will either be the same ar before or close to it and will hopefully quickly get back into being very active. I have put on 7kg since finding out I was pregnant and am 30 weeks. So I expect there will be a few more kgs gained before the birth.

Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 7 Weight

Starting Weight: 140kg 13/04/2010

Pre Surgery: 131kg 27/04/2010

First Goal: 99kg 20/09/2010

80% of excess: 86kg

Ultimate Goal: 76kg
Current Weight: 94.7 kg
Back to top Go down
Nixie73
Nixie73

Female
Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 7 EmptyTue 26 Apr 2011, 4:45 am

Hepburn I love the description a nice pregnant belly and an under hang. I am the same. But so glad I can actually see I am pregnant this time.

I have not been on here to post for a while so much happened since I announced I was pregnant. I am 30 weeks and expect to have ceaser around 38 weeks. As I have had 2 already they will not let me go naturally. Oh well not meant to be.

I had diabetes first 2 times and because of my history I did GTT at 20 weeks. I did not find it a problem I am still a Zero drinker so managed the drink ok. Test was normal and same at 27 weeks so very happy. Had scan at 19 weeks and they discovered cysts in the baby's brain so we had a minor freak out even though the Drs were not concerned they have disappeared at 26weeks which is normal apparently. Then they sent me for another scan a few weeks ago as worred about the amount of fluid around the baby. Ok at the moment but off for another scan in another2 weeks. At least I have gotten to see the little tacker a few times. Have been told at 19 weeks it is a girl and at 26 weeks that it is a boy so we are back to it being one or the othwer 50/50.

I am so much fitter and healthier this time around, I have enjoyed this pregnancy except for worrying as the was bleeding at the beginning. I think I am feeling the kicks much better as well or this baby is just going to be a world wind. Will have to be to keep up with its 2 older sisters.

Anyway everyone take care.

Jodie

Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 7 Weight

Starting Weight: 140kg 13/04/2010

Pre Surgery: 131kg 27/04/2010

First Goal: 99kg 20/09/2010

80% of excess: 86kg

Ultimate Goal: 76kg
Current Weight: 94.7 kg
Back to top Go down
Hepburn
Hepburn

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 7 EmptySun 24 Apr 2011, 10:38 am

lol I have considered the surgeon part - trust me. That's the one thing I really hate about my profile - A lovely round pregnant belly with an underhang - yuck! And I can pretty much guarantee it's not twins as my ob has an ultrasound machine in his rooms so I get to see "Frank" every week. At no point has any other baby appeared, so presumedly there isn't another hiding there. My first was 8 pound 1 so I'm expecting the same or slightly over that at this stage - I don't want to think about it being much bigger than that!
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 7 EmptySat 23 Apr 2011, 1:37 pm

Well, Hepburn, if you have to have a caesar, ask for a plastic surgeon to do a tummy tuck at the same time!

Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 7 314541

Are you sure its not twins?
Back to top Go down
Hepburn
Hepburn

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 7 EmptySat 16 Apr 2011, 7:41 am

Ok, I would like to say that evidentally this baby is not aware that it is supposed to be affected by the fact that it is due just 12 months after my sleeve! With just under 3 weeks to go two different obstetritions have commented on it's size. The phrase "it's a whopper" seems to be a popular one! WTF? Just great. On the up side, I am currently wavering around 3 kg above the weight I was when I first fell pregnant (which means I lost 10kg during early pregnancy and have gained 13 kg throughout the pregnancy so far. I'm hoping I'm not going to gain much more at this stage....particularly if this baby is a "whopper" after all! Eeek.
Back to top Go down
Kati
Sponsor
Kati

Female
Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 7 EmptySat 16 Apr 2011, 3:22 am

Gosh what a lovely thread!

Congratulations Zantia!!
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 7 EmptyFri 15 Apr 2011, 2:14 pm

Congratulations Xantia!! im glad all is well for you and bub!

now we have to wait for hepburns bub!! we missed you at our meetup but will forgive you if you bring bub to the next one for lots of cuddles!
Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 7 217555
shelly
Back to top Go down
Hepburn
Hepburn

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 7 EmptyMon 14 Mar 2011, 9:24 am

Congrats Xantia :)

I'm nearly 33 weeks and I'm currently 2kg below my starting pregnancy weight. My due date is 3 days after my 1 year anniversary date so I was very much in the middle of my weight loss. I lost 10kg in the first 14 weeks and have gained 8kg since then. I fully expect to gain more as I'm almost spot on the half a kg a week you should be during pregnancy. I'm not that worried - I gained nearly 40kg with my last pregnancy so this one is a breeze lol.
Back to top Go down
Xantia
Xantia

Female
Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 7 EmptyMon 14 Mar 2011, 12:52 am

Hi Nomes,

I didnt actually gain any weight while i was pregnant i lost 5kg with morning sickness then regain 4kg of that so when Charlie was born i was -1kg from when i fell pregnant.

I'm down about 5kg from then i was down almost 8 but breastfeeding has me eating everything in sight and i could never loose wieght while brastfeeding my other 3 kids.

Now chalie is here i'm a little embarrassed about how muich i worried about weight gain - i have a healthy bubba and that the best bit :)

good luck

Xan Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 7 217555
Back to top Go down
http://xantias-jouney.piczo.com
nomesskinnypants
nomesskinnypants

Female
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 7 EmptyThu 10 Mar 2011, 5:42 am

Firstly Xantia, CONGRATULATIONS on the birth of your beautiful baby boy Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 7 446871 !! Great birth date too Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 7 65317

Do you mind if I ask a cpl of personal questions tho? Like how much weight did you gain throughout your pregnancy? I have been freaking out a bit as I am 36 weeks and have gained 11kg. I know to most people, thats not a lot, but when you think that all our lives we have been fighting to get those scales to go down, and now they are going up, its freaking me out a little.
Secondly, I know its only been 8 weeks, but have you been dropping the excess fairly easily? My other biggest fear is that I wont be able to get the weight off after.

Hope you are all settling in well, I look forward to your reply :)
Nomes
Back to top Go down
Xantia
Xantia

Female
Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 7 EmptyWed 09 Mar 2011, 7:12 am

Has been a new mummy to a healthy 6 pound 11 oz baby boy for 8 weeks now :)

Little bit of a rough start with 5 days in special care with breathing difficulties from his early birth which wasnt sleeve related i've had 2 previous babys born at 36 weeks.

The other thing i was worried about was weather breastfeeding would be difficult with my tiny tummy which hasnt been a drama at all the only issue is im starving for the first thime in almost 3 years - im hungrier breastfeeding than i was pregnant.

Good luck to the other sleeved mummies to b
Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 7 217555
ps charlie got an awesome birthdate 11/1/11
Back to top Go down
http://xantias-jouney.piczo.com
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 7 EmptyTue 22 Feb 2011, 2:56 am

Interesting about the Asthma. I was a serious asthmatic when I got pregnant - but while pregnant it went completely away. But unfortunately it came back with a vengeance when I gave birth. I ended up hospitalised and then got decent treatment thank goodness.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy with the sleeve   Pregnancy with the sleeve - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pregnancy with the sleeve
Page 7 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 24  Next