Serina
10 posters
AuthorMessage
kyl

Female
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2012-02-28

Band is out sleeve in a few days and I'm really worried Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band is out sleeve in a few days and I'm really worried   Band is out sleeve in a few days and I'm really worried EmptyMon 05 Mar 2012, 10:16 pm

Serina i am so glad to read your operation went well and that you are feeling better......you have inspired me!
Back to top Go down
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Band is out sleeve in a few days and I'm really worried   Band is out sleeve in a few days and I'm really worried EmptySun 04 Mar 2012, 12:29 am

Serina

Glad that everything is going well for you. Wonderful weight loss, keep up the good work.

Band is out sleeve in a few days and I'm really worried 217555 Val
Back to top Go down
Serina

Female
Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2011-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Band is out sleeve in a few days and I'm really worried   Band is out sleeve in a few days and I'm really worried EmptyFri 02 Mar 2012, 3:34 am

Hi every one

Thank you for your replies and support, this is such a great site.
I have just returned from my 2 week post op check (a few days early but i am back at work Monday). Shows i have lost almost 5kg already (OMG) not bad since my goal is the lose 28kg. Hoping to get to 60kg (i am 164cm tall) but i need to see what it looks like when i get closer - dont want to look sick.
Anyway Doc said i can have some mashed veg and fish from tonight and minced meat from monday. Currently i am sitting here with a small tin of tuna mixed with mayo and some mashed avocado - so good to have food again. Hilarious that i know i cant finish the whole tin (a huge 85grams bahahaha)
I am also allowed to do all cardio at the gym now - treadmill, cross trainer and bike but no weights for 3 months.

Thanks again for your support and answering all of my questions

Serina
Back to top Go down
mammabear25
Part of the furniture
mammabear25

Female
Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2011-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Band is out sleeve in a few days and I'm really worried   Band is out sleeve in a few days and I'm really worried EmptyTue 28 Feb 2012, 3:59 am

glad the op went well serina, just follow your dieticans guidelines with the different food stages, i know its a guide but it secures that your new tummy heals itself properly, i know for me it was 3 weeks with liquids, 3 weeks pureed then 3 weeks mashie,....once you get over that first month its all good from there,

Adelaide is having so weird weather atm, today its cold a few spots of rain but then nothing.....

Have you taken any before pics> and have you measured your body?

If for your own eyes only, its a great inspriation to look back at what we were and know you will never go back there again....its the best thing i ever did.....and im sure with a couple of months you will be shopping for clothes and wearing the things you could never before....

hope to see you in adelaide for the catch up lunch...
Back to top Go down
Ginka
Part of the furniture
Ginka

Female
Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2012-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Band is out sleeve in a few days and I'm really worried   Band is out sleeve in a few days and I'm really worried EmptySat 25 Feb 2012, 5:01 am

Hi Serina

Great to hear that your recovery is going well. Man, it is HOT HOT HOT here in Adelaide! It is hard to entertain the kids in this weather. I have a 1 and 4 year old to keep entertained, so am a little worried about this straight after my op too. Make sure to take it slow and look after yourself.
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Band is out sleeve in a few days and I'm really worried   Band is out sleeve in a few days and I'm really worried EmptySat 25 Feb 2012, 3:31 am

great news :)
Back to top Go down
Serina

Female

PostSubject: Re: Band is out sleeve in a few days and I'm really worried   Band is out sleeve in a few days and I'm really worried EmptySat 25 Feb 2012, 3:12 am

Hi Lin

I had the Gastric Sleeve done on Monday 20/02/12. Doing better again today, ate some soup and going to try some yougurt soon. Actually feeling a bit hungry YAY.
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

PostSubject: Re: Band is out sleeve in a few days and I'm really worried   Band is out sleeve in a few days and I'm really worried EmptyFri 24 Feb 2012, 3:56 am

seina, what op did u have?

cheers Lin
Back to top Go down
Serina

Female

PostSubject: Re: Band is out sleeve in a few days and I'm really worried   Band is out sleeve in a few days and I'm really worried EmptyFri 24 Feb 2012, 3:21 am

Hi Everyone

So now is 4 days since the op. Starting to feel better but struggling to get all the water in and still a bit scared to 'eat' anything like soup etc. Going for some pumpkin soup for dinner tonight.

The pain is better now that i have ....well if i just write had a BM im sure you will get it.
37 here today so trying to stay hydrated is my biggest challenge. I am a little worried about the weekend as my toddler has been in daycare all week as i am normally at work, should be interesting to see how we get through it.

See the doctor again in a week so hopefully i am doing all the right things and dont get in trouble.

Will keep you updated

Back to top Go down
mammabear25
Part of the furniture
mammabear25

Female
Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2011-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Band is out sleeve in a few days and I'm really worried   Band is out sleeve in a few days and I'm really worried EmptyWed 22 Feb 2012, 10:13 pm

Hi serina,

I had my sleeve done last aug, after many years of do I or dont I etc, i had 2 choices, have the band or the sleeve, i went for the sleeve because:

* i could eat EVERYTHING
* i needed help with portion sizes
* my health issues were becoming a big problems
* i have 5 kids who NEED me
* yes it was gonna cost me money but the benefits out weighed the years of ill health etc

For me the sleeve was my answer to all these things, not gonna lie the first few days were hard, in pain, discomfort etc but after those days i was up walking, toileting, showering and getting back to normal. I have 5 kids and yes i couldnt lift my youngest up etc but i made sure i was sitting down and they sat next to me etc.....i do have a supportive partner but in my experience over the last 7 months you are gonna get people who say its a great idea well done but sadly others will say things like "you cheated" etc, i made a choice to tell people but you may not its a personal choice....i have many friends that have had the band and now are in the same boat as yourself now have it taken out to get a sleeve....

For me life is just great, you have your weeks were the weight has shifted but then you have weeks were you loose 6 cms off your thighs lol....it gives you back your life, you become healthy, easier lifestyle and you have plenty of support in here...

I hope the procedure went well on the 20th, look forward in chatting to you...

Welcome to the sleeve world...u will love it:)
Back to top Go down
Ktk
Part of the furniture
Ktk

Female
Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2012-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Band is out sleeve in a few days and I'm really worried   Band is out sleeve in a few days and I'm really worried EmptyWed 22 Feb 2012, 8:23 pm

6 years of band hell over and now sleeved! I'm so happy with my result and only 10 days post op! I suppose anything is better than the band but I love it!
My stomach had adhered to nearly every organ it could and literally right next to my aorta! Pretty scary the damage the band did that I didn't realize! My surgery ended up taking over 4 hours. But here I am happy as anything!
Good luck to all those leaving the band and gaining the sleeve. What a different feeling. Xx
Katie
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

PostSubject: Re: Band is out sleeve in a few days and I'm really worried   Band is out sleeve in a few days and I'm really worried EmptyWed 22 Feb 2012, 11:37 am

good news. hope the 'wind' gets sorted out soon
Back to top Go down
Serina

Female

PostSubject: Re: Band is out sleeve in a few days and I'm really worried   Band is out sleeve in a few days and I'm really worried EmptyWed 22 Feb 2012, 8:18 am

Hi All

Well i made it. The sleeve was done monday afternoon and i came home at lunch time today. Apart from some what feels like wind pain i am doing great.

Need to ask did anyone use degas after their op? I'm sure i read it somewhere but cant remember where
Back to top Go down
shirleyb
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2011-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Band is out sleeve in a few days and I'm really worried   Band is out sleeve in a few days and I'm really worried EmptyWed 15 Feb 2012, 12:18 pm

Hi Serina

No, I didn't have any problems, it actually was my choice to wait that long. I was orginally booked for August 2011 surgery, but I had just started a new job in the June before so I didn't want to ask for time off just after I had started.

But, i think that it actually was the best thing, as it gave me longer to heal from the band removal...this is my thinking, as most people only wait the three months, and it all seems to work ok for them.

But, I did ask my surgeon when he did the sleeve was there much tidy up in the surgery, and he told me that when he took the band out, he tidys the adhesions then, and I had already had my gall out in the April after my band was in (less than 6 months post).

But really I do feel great, so hoping that this keeps on keeping on. All the best

Shirley xBand is out sleeve in a few days and I'm really worried 217555
Back to top Go down
Serina

Female

PostSubject: Re: Band is out sleeve in a few days and I'm really worried   Band is out sleeve in a few days and I'm really worried EmptyWed 15 Feb 2012, 11:16 am

Thanks for your reply ShirleyB, i do feel better now.
You had a long time between your removal and sleeve, did you have damage? I had a slip, erosion and addhesions thats why i have had to wait this long.
Only a few more days then the op will be done and i can stop worrying i guess.
Will keep everone posted and work out how to get to this site from my mobile
Back to top Go down
shirleyb
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2011-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Band is out sleeve in a few days and I'm really worried   Band is out sleeve in a few days and I'm really worried EmptyWed 15 Feb 2012, 10:54 am

Hi Serina

I have just read your post, and I thought that I would write a few lines of encouragement to you.

I myself am a ex bander, I had my band in 2006, lost 35kgs and it worked really well for 2&1/2 years and then went silly. But, really now I realise that in that time, I couldn't eat much, and vommitted alot, which I was ok about, as I had lost weight and felt really great.

But, then I couldn't eat anything much at all ( not sure what has happened to my computer, but we will keep going...different font!) I actually quite like it this way.......get back on track Shirley.

As I was saying all I could eat was high calorie things, things that would slide down my throat really easily......so hence I started to put on weight! I told my surgeon to take it out as I couldn't cope with thinking gosh if I went out, what could I eat, hope there is soup at the restuarant??????etc.

So my story is that had the band out in April 2011, and I was sleeved 2 weeks ago (nearly) and really i was sore the first day, but I have had a very good run, and had no soreness after 4 days. I only took pain killers the first day, then after that, I didn't think that the pain was too bad, just slept it off.

Sure you can't lift which would be hard, if you have littles at home, but I am sure that this is the best thing that you are doing, as you will be so much happier and fitter to play with your children, and of course hopefully it will get rid of the diabetics...which has to be a BIG postitive.

I was scared silly before the operation, and that is quite normal......so Serina it will be so good the op.........good luck and will look forward to reading your progress.

Cheers Shirley x

Hope your husband reads heaps of these posts on this forum as it has sooooo much info on it, and great source of support.
Back to top Go down
Serina

Female

PostSubject: Re: Band is out sleeve in a few days and I'm really worried   Band is out sleeve in a few days and I'm really worried EmptyWed 15 Feb 2012, 10:13 am

I have tried to talk to him and show him, even tried to show him the video on you tube but he just wont have a bar of it. I just have to hope that once the op is all over that he will be fine.
Made myself some soup today for the freezer so i have something when i come home. Keep trying to think how i am supposed to get protein in there but its not working so i will just make sure i keep up the shakes.

Thanks for your support, I will certainly be hanging around here
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

PostSubject: it is normal   Band is out sleeve in a few days and I'm really worried EmptyWed 15 Feb 2012, 3:33 am

Hi Serina

I agree with the others - it is normal to be scared - this was a big decision and will be life changing for you, your husband and your toddler. Have you talked with your husband about his fears, perhaps let him do some reading on this forum or print out some success stories and discuss them with him. Both of you need to focus on the benefits - improved health, improved fitness, greater capacity to enjoy life, more self confidence, improved self esteem, enjoyment as a family etc etc.

I also think you did the right thing by posting on this forum because this is were you will get the support before and after your surgery. Good luck and please keep on posting so we know how you are.

G
Back to top Go down
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Band is out sleeve in a few days and I'm really worried   Band is out sleeve in a few days and I'm really worried EmptyWed 15 Feb 2012, 3:13 am

Hi Serina

Welcome to this wonderful support group!!!!!. I am an ex bandit as well. I lost 23 kgs I think from all the vomitting and not eating.

Had band out 23rd January 2012 and due to have my sleeve 20th March. I cannot wait - had so many problems over the years with high blood pressure, sore joints and the starting of diabetes.

I am really nervous about the sleeving, but have so much faith in my Surgeon and his medical team. I just think this Surgery will be the best thing thing that ever happend to me.

Good luck with your journey - you will be fine.

Suzy Blue
Back to top Go down
Firie75
Part of the furniture
Firie75

Female
Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Band is out sleeve in a few days and I'm really worried   Band is out sleeve in a few days and I'm really worried EmptyTue 14 Feb 2012, 10:00 am

Serina, it is natural to be scared. I was absolutely crapping myself just before my operation (nearly 2 weeks ago). For you, not having your husbands full support will also be contributing to this as well.

It is a bigger op than the band given that you are having a large portion of your stomach removed, however, given that it is keyhole surgery recovery time is still quite reasonable. I have a 3 year old and a 10 month old, so I understand why you are worried about having your toddler to look after. I have been able to see to my kids cares fine, though if my 3 year old wants a cuddle I have had him wait until I sit down for a cuddle as I don't want to pick him up just yet. The first 2 days post op were a bit rough, but after that everything came good. I have been doing very well.

I have never had a band but from what I have read, I am relieved I have never had one. From what others who have had bands before hand have stated, living with the sleeve is much, much easier and the quality of life food wise is far better as you can eat better foods that you couldn't with the band.

I hope things work out for you somehow. Maybe hubby will come around when he see's that everything is better this time around.
Back to top Go down
Serina

Female

PostSubject: Band is out sleeve in a few days and I'm really worried   Band is out sleeve in a few days and I'm really worried EmptyTue 14 Feb 2012, 9:22 am

Hi everyone. Long time reader first time poster. Had a band put in November 2008 lost 50kg but only from throwing up 80% of what i ate. Had it removed in July last year but have had to wait till now to have the sleeve done due to the damage that evil band did. I go in this coming Monday 20/02/12 for the sleeve (Dr France) I am just so scared, such a huge operation and i have a toddler this time round unlike when i got the band done and 4 days out my husband is still not happy about the op. I have diabetes now too so this really is the best thing i can do many doctors have told me.

Sorry to sound like im whining but i dont really know anyone in my situation that can listen to me.

Would love to hear any advice etc

Serina
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Band is out sleeve in a few days and I'm really worried   Band is out sleeve in a few days and I'm really worried Empty

Back to top Go down

Band is out sleeve in a few days and I'm really worried
Page 1 of 1