AuthorMessage
Emma1989
Part of the furniture
Emma1989

Female
Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2011-06-15

Who's the best surgeon in Perth wa? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's the best surgeon in Perth wa?   Who's the best surgeon in Perth wa? EmptySun 06 Jan 2013, 1:47 am

I used to be banded but I had it removed by Dr Alan Thomas at SJOGH Murdoch then 3 months later he sleeved me. I was banded by another surgeon though, Dr Kevin Dolan.. But I opted to see another surgeon. Dr Alan Thomas is very friendly and professional I am so thankful I chose him.
Back to top Go down
Jannie G
Jannie G

Female
Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2012-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Who's the best surgeon in Perth wa?   Who's the best surgeon in Perth wa? EmptyFri 04 Jan 2013, 11:48 pm

My surgeon was Dr Gordon Padovan he has rooms in Waikiki and the Mount. I believe him to be one of the top bariatric surgeons in WA over 1000 sleeves and no leaks. He's also well known for taking on the difficult cases that no one else will touch. He's expensive but like he says you get what you pay for.

I have had a dream recovery, did'nt need IV pain meds from day 2 no nausea and 3 weeks out I feel great. He also spends time every year updating his skills in the States.

Another surgeon is John Armstrong from what I understand he's on parr with Gordon padovan, also expensive and updates his skills in the UK.
Back to top Go down
Floss Lee
Floss Lee

Female
Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Who's the best surgeon in Perth wa?   Who's the best surgeon in Perth wa? EmptyFri 04 Jan 2013, 3:09 pm

Hi Alliozz, in just 11 days I am having my band removed and, if all looks ok my surgeon will do the sleeve in the same op. Prof. Jeff Hamdorf of Circle of Care is his name and I have found him to be excellent. He has a very easy going personality and is happy to answer all questions. He used to have a three month wait between both procedures but says he has compared outcomes with his colleagues who do a single surgery for the removal of band and sleeve and says the outcomes are quite similar. Of course I can't be sure of having the sleeve done at the same time until he sees the state of my stomach from the band, but Jeff says there is a two out of three chance I will be sleeved as he likes to err on the side of caution. If you want any other info I'm happy to answer any questions.
Back to top Go down
Cherryseven
Part of the furniture
Cherryseven

Female
Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2012-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Who's the best surgeon in Perth wa?   Who's the best surgeon in Perth wa? EmptyFri 04 Jan 2013, 2:50 pm

I also had Stephen Watson at SJOG Murdoch - I love my sleeve.
Back to top Go down
4bindy
4bindy

Female
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2012-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Who's the best surgeon in Perth wa?   Who's the best surgeon in Perth wa? EmptyFri 04 Jan 2013, 3:18 am

Absolutely loving the sleeve, best thing I have ever done and no regrets at all. I didn't have the band before so no experience with them but have a friend who has changed from band to sleeve and is really happy with it.

I am only 7 weeks post op and have lost over 17kgs since op and 21kgs all up so really thrilled with it. Have no trouble eating, have tried everything including steak and all goes down fine. Surprised how much energy I have given the amount I eat.

Would do it all over again any day Who's the best surgeon in Perth wa? 542174
Back to top Go down
Alliozz

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-01-03

PostSubject: Yes I've heard his name mentioned on other sites , how are you feeling with your sleeve? Did you have a band before sleeve?   Who's the best surgeon in Perth wa? EmptyFri 04 Jan 2013, 12:25 am

4bindy wrote:
Hi,

I was sleeved by Dr Stephen Watson at SJOG hospital in Murdoch on the 14/11/12. He was really great and made me feel very comfortable. Would definitely recommend him to anyone. I also know two other people who have used him and really liked him as well.

Belinda
Back to top Go down
4bindy
4bindy

Female
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2012-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Who's the best surgeon in Perth wa?   Who's the best surgeon in Perth wa? EmptyFri 04 Jan 2013, 12:05 am

Hi,

I was sleeved by Dr Stephen Watson at SJOG hospital in Murdoch on the 14/11/12. He was really great and made me feel very comfortable. Would definitely recommend him to anyone. I also know two other people who have used him and really liked him as well.

Belinda
Back to top Go down
Alliozz

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-01-03

PostSubject: Who's the best surgeon in Perth wa?   Who's the best surgeon in Perth wa? EmptyThu 03 Jan 2013, 11:34 pm

Please could you advise on who you think and know is the best surgeon to have in Perth from your own experiences
As I am still banded and wanting the sleeve and would value some honest infomation thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who's the best surgeon in Perth wa?   Who's the best surgeon in Perth wa? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who's the best surgeon in Perth wa?
Page 1 of 1