5 posters
AuthorMessage
Shiloh86
Shiloh86

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2012-06-24

Band To Sleeve and Band Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band To Sleeve and Band Problems    Band To Sleeve and Band Problems EmptyMon 02 Jul 2012, 7:06 am

Hi, Just wondering how you went Gypsi ? You had your Op a few weeks ago now and havent herd from you since. Hope all is well. would love to hear your story of the sleeve so far.

take care luv xx

Band To Sleeve and Band Problems 697586
Back to top Go down
BFSCOTT
Part of the furniture

Male
Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2012-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Band To Sleeve and Band Problems    Band To Sleeve and Band Problems EmptyFri 22 Jun 2012, 10:40 pm

Welcome Gypsi,

Your story sounds similar to my experiences with the band, I had mine for 10yrs or so but it only ever worked properly for around 1.5yrs then it started leaking, which of course isn't ideal as it needed constant top ups etc but I couldn't ever get it right, either it was too tight or too loose and in the end I gave up and left it loose, hence weight went on and on.

Then after many years I had another run at loosing weight and went back to the doctor and finally she admitted it had failed, so it was removed in April this year. I'm yet to get my date for the VSG surgery but its getting close as I have to go and do my pre op checkup in a few weeks.

When my band was removed I too had a small hernia that needed to be repaired, I was lucky really as that was all the damage the band had done over all those years.

Anyway good luck with your op, I hope the results are everything you hoped they'd be.

Cheers Scott
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female
Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2012-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Band To Sleeve and Band Problems    Band To Sleeve and Band Problems EmptyFri 22 Jun 2012, 12:18 pm

gypsi, I would never advise anyone to get the band either... I never realised how bad I felt with it in till I got it removed.

The sleeve is a totally different option all together and you will feel completely normal except you wont be able to eat very much and get full quickly.

Good luck with your journey....
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Band To Sleeve and Band Problems    Band To Sleeve and Band Problems EmptyFri 22 Jun 2012, 3:09 am

welcome. have you started a diary?

Band To Sleeve and Band Problems 542174
Back to top Go down
gypsi9

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-06-21

PostSubject: Band To Sleeve and Band Problems    Band To Sleeve and Band Problems EmptyThu 21 Jun 2012, 9:35 pm

Hi Everyone I am new to this site and must say that reading all your posts has been great.

I know that a thread of this topic exists but I would like to start a new one which includes
our thoughts on the Gastric Band as well.

The main thing that I found with the band is that NO-ONE, Dr's, Diatitians, other banded friends
and support group members etc, ever told me that in order to eat my diet would
consist mainly of soft foods, mush and liquid in order to loose that 25kg.

Anyway since reading this site I made a decision to have my band of 8 years removed, which
I did on February 8, 2012. I am booked into hospital on July 16th to have the gastric sleeve
done. Thank god...

The band removal was easier and better than when I had it put in although my surgeon found a
hernia behind my port which he also fixed. I am hoping that the sleeve opp goes as smooth.

I forgot to mention that I am not using the same surgeon who put my band in.

This is a very expensive process so all the research I have done is worth it. In total the final cost
for banding, banding removal and the sleeving I will have spent approx. $6000.00 on top of my
private insurance. That does not include all the fills and empties I had done and their cost.

I would never ever ever ever recommend the band to anyone.

Thanks for having me on your wonderful site.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Band To Sleeve and Band Problems    Band To Sleeve and Band Problems Empty

Back to top Go down

Band To Sleeve and Band Problems
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about You! :: From Band To Sleeve-
Jump to: