Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

had band removed, being sleeved soon worried I wont be able to lose weight!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bindi78

Female
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2012-02-26

had band removed, being sleeved soon worried I wont be able to lose weight!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: had band removed, being sleeved soon worried I wont be able to lose weight!!   had band removed, being sleeved soon worried I wont be able to lose weight!! EmptySun 13 May 2012, 6:08 am

Thank you guys that makes me feel better I am totally ready to give the sleeve a go booked in on the 3rd July, bring it on I say!! I am so blessed to have a wonderful supportive husband, here;s hoping I can get the weight off for good this time thanks again :)
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female
Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2012-04-15

had band removed, being sleeved soon worried I wont be able to lose weight!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: had band removed, being sleeved soon worried I wont be able to lose weight!!   had band removed, being sleeved soon worried I wont be able to lose weight!! EmptySat 12 May 2012, 7:43 am

I agree with Rainbow... I am finding the sleeve a much easier tool than the band... so, seeing as you did so well with the band it will be a peice of cake with the sleeve.

As rainbow said, its a normal full responce with out the pain unless you keep eating past that then you will feel sick and throw up... much as you would if you gourge a normal sized stomach at christmas.

If you treat your sleeve well and under eat it, you will keep it in pristine condition. By this I mean consistantly ...most of us push the boundries on occasions, we are human after all.

The same slider foods slide for the sleeve as they do for the band but you know all those rules so you already have a jump start.

I had my band for 4 years ended up like rainbow with a stretched pouch, got reflux that was untreatable and started to gain. Had the band removed, was not hungry and thought I could do it on my own. After 2 months bad habits were begining to return and I started to rapidly gain. So I marched in to my band doc and said I want a sleeve so book me in ...which he did and Im glad of it.

You will be fine but you have to feel ready for it so dont push till you are at that point where you know its right then you will take it on and do well with it.
Back to top Go down
rainbowsunsets
rainbowsunsets

Female
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2012-01-31

PostSubject: Re: had band removed, being sleeved soon worried I wont be able to lose weight!!   had band removed, being sleeved soon worried I wont be able to lose weight!! EmptySat 12 May 2012, 4:41 am

Your post really resonated with me in some ways as I lost over 40kgs with the band and then put it all back on 3 years later after i developed a pouch. Considering you went from 161kg to 69kg that tells me a restrictive approach works very well for you and you will most likely have success with the sleeve. I had the sleeve 2 and a half months ago and have lost 17kg so far.

I can tell you that the sleeve is so different from the band, the restriction is not the same as with the band you feel like you will choke or vomit if you keep eating, however with the sleeve i actually feel full.

I was concerned about not being able to lose weight after having the band taken out and being sleeved, however, I have lost weight and you will lose weight because you cannot eat as much. The band has no actual power over your weight loss after it has been removed.

Good luck with everything!
Back to top Go down
bindi78

Female
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2012-02-26

PostSubject: had band removed, being sleeved soon worried I wont be able to lose weight!!   had band removed, being sleeved soon worried I wont be able to lose weight!! EmptyFri 11 May 2012, 10:05 am

Hi

Had my band removed last july being banded on 3rd of july, pre band 161kg went down to 69 kilos BMI 57 down to BMI 22 even though I am careful with what i eat and exercise I have gained 40kilos back, I am so scared the sleeve wont work because i eat well and exercise I feel so ashamed!! and just want to lose the weight :( I finally felt confident and then it was taken from my band slipped and the excessive vomiting and having a baby put me in bad shape........So has anyone else been in the same position, but started losing weight after being sleeved

Thanks Bindi :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: had band removed, being sleeved soon worried I wont be able to lose weight!!   had band removed, being sleeved soon worried I wont be able to lose weight!! Empty

Back to top Go down

had band removed, being sleeved soon worried I wont be able to lose weight!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about You! :: From Band To Sleeve-
Jump to: