14 posters
AuthorMessage
Belladonna
Belladonna

Female
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2011-01-01

Freaked out by loose skin  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freaked out by loose skin    Freaked out by loose skin  EmptySat 18 Feb 2012, 10:29 am

I have lost about 45kgs in a year and a few months. Skin was honestly not a problem until the last 3 or 4 kgs. Only now is it starting to look a bit wrinkly-saggy. My view is that if I stop losing about now (although I am still 5kg away from healthy weight), I will be quite happy with skin sagging as it is (although I am hoping it will bounce back a little). I am older (almost 50) and have pale, redhead, dry skin, so I was expecting much worse! Don't stress too much - it probably won't be as bad as you think. Good luck

Donna
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: :)   Freaked out by loose skin  EmptySat 18 Feb 2012, 12:54 am

like you say better to be healthy. surgery is always an option down the track. weigths do help develop muscle and toning. I need to start doing weights and resistance too, need to wait till i get off the cast on my arm

the govt do need to start be smarter about obesity, stsrt subsiding obesity surgery and "loose skin" surgery. would save alot of money long-term for the health budget.
Back to top Go down
butterflyfallen
butterflyfallen

Female
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2011-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Freaked out by loose skin    Freaked out by loose skin  EmptyFri 17 Feb 2012, 10:07 pm

i was freaked out too, but my weight loss has been nice and slow so im hoping to avoid the loose skin. Im 5 months out and 35kg down with exercising anywhere between 3-5 days a week (treadmill/exercise bike and a bit of weights) and so far the only loose skin is under my arms, but its not too drastic yet. It's too hard to tell if i will have loose skin as i have another 30kg to go so lots of fat still there. It's almost like you do all the hard work to end up still with a body you dont like and cant show off! But at least you will be healthy :)
Back to top Go down
aswan
Part of the furniture
aswan

Female
Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Freaked out by loose skin    Freaked out by loose skin  EmptyFri 17 Feb 2012, 9:24 pm

Suggest you read this if interested in calcium fluoride tablets -

http://www.efsa.europa.eu/en/scdocs/doc/ans_ej882_Calcium_fluoride_op_en.pdf?ssbinary=true
Back to top Go down
rebekahp
rebekahp

Female
Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2011-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Freaked out by loose skin    Freaked out by loose skin  EmptyThu 16 Feb 2012, 10:32 pm

Moogoo is good, however I make my own natural skincare & soap, so I use my own stuff.

Will check out these tabs.
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

PostSubject: moogoo   Freaked out by loose skin  EmptyThu 16 Feb 2012, 8:24 pm

which product are you using?
Back to top Go down
JWags

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2012-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Freaked out by loose skin    Freaked out by loose skin  EmptyThu 16 Feb 2012, 11:50 am

Lin1970 there are such things as collagen tabs but I doubt the benefit of these. I have done some research on them. I am currently taking Silicia that helps with skin, nails and hair. I am also using a great product called MooGoo that can be found in chemist and health food stores. Many of the products we use on our skin have paraffin or mineral oil in them that acts like cling wrap over our skin, making it feel smooth but trapping the nutrients outside of the skin. MooGoo doesn't! I love this stuff and have noticed stretch marks on my arms disappearing!
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

PostSubject: ummm   Freaked out by loose skin  EmptyThu 16 Feb 2012, 11:40 am

ill have to check it out. i know collagen is a big factor too but dont think you can take collagen tabs but who knows these days
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Freaked out by loose skin    Freaked out by loose skin  EmptyThu 16 Feb 2012, 11:20 am

I just googled this Melinda as I was curious too. They are calcium fluoride tablets and here is a small extract of what I found. Interesting, but I have only looked at one site so far.

When our body starts becoming less elastic, it could result in hard growths anywhere in the body as well as brittle bones and teeth. Calcium fluoride is the tissue remedy that takes the hard, knotty and brittle out and puts the smoothness back in. There could be no better skin care tips than this. Our skin, our bones, our teeth, our muscles are meant to be in a state of suppleness and smoothness. When there is a lack of this salt is when all the problems related to a lack of elasticity crop up so you can see why it’s great for skin care.
Back to top Go down
Melinda38
Part of the furniture
Melinda38

Female
Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2011-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Freaked out by loose skin    Freaked out by loose skin  EmptyThu 16 Feb 2012, 11:10 am

Calc flour tabs??? Pls explain!
Back to top Go down
EBDani
EBDani

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2011-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Freaked out by loose skin    Freaked out by loose skin  EmptyThu 16 Feb 2012, 4:59 am

Calc flour tabs are freaky. I lost 30kg prior to band being removed and no saggy skin at all. Currently in hospital being sleeved (arrgghh!) and know I'll be straight back on them when ready. I was told about these tabs when I was banded and a woman in there lost 100kg and swore by them.......I couldn't buy 'em quick enough. LOL
Back to top Go down
Angeleque

Female
Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2010-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Freaked out by loose skin    Freaked out by loose skin  EmptyMon 13 Feb 2012, 3:46 am

Hi ISIS,

Love the name :))

wow 57.6 kg impressive - though just under six weeks ahead in being sleeved

i was curious about weight loss - seems I am at par with most around 27th November 2010

my life is totally normal - I am livng life normal - just eating smaller meals more frequently

I love life - I am live again - and looking 20 years younger.... though at times it is as though i ought to feel guilty about feeling so good...

keep it up ladies and gentleman - life can only getter better and better....

despite it all---- life can be normal :)))
Back to top Go down
Isis
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Freaked out by loose skin    Freaked out by loose skin  EmptyMon 13 Feb 2012, 2:01 am

Yeah it does recover by itelf sometimes too - my legs had a bit of excess skin at about 6 months out and 40kg lost, but that tightened up fully over the next 6 months when the rapid weight loss phase was over. My stomach is really ugly after losing 58 kg and I feel like it's wobbly (but it had stretch marks and stuff so obviously the weight had damaged my skin badly anyway so it's no wonder it hasn't sprung back). It doesn't hang in a skin flap or anything, it's more just like my friends' stomachs look after having kids but I have never had any. My arms and legs are generally good. I have exercised consistently the whole way through but at the end of the day, I'm almost half the person I was before so that's bound to take a toll and I would much rather have a wobbly tummy than all that extra weight!
Back to top Go down
Angeleque

Female
Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2010-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Freaked out by loose skin    Freaked out by loose skin  EmptyMon 13 Feb 2012, 1:53 am

Hi there,

from my experience, just keep up exercise, even if only 20 min aerobic/cardio workout, not being heavy resistance, and beauty treatments and hopefully there want be an excess skin issue to worry about

I had lost about 50 kgs to date and pleased with skin to date....

exfoliation adn good circulation are important, regular massages and keep skin hydrated all help tremendously

keep up the grea work fellow sleevers :))
Back to top Go down
armywife
armywife

Female
Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2011-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Freaked out by loose skin    Freaked out by loose skin  EmptyMon 13 Feb 2012, 1:13 am

hi there!

i say cross that bridge when you come to it...try not to overthink what might happen...the sleeve will enable you to lose weight yes, but not overnight! i have just reached goal after 8 1/2 months...sometimes it felt like forever! if you are still thinking that you can achieve your goal through weight watchers and portion control perhaps you are not completely in the right headspace...the sleeve will help to achieve long-term weight loss goals and can be slow and steady...during my journed excercise and has become as integral to my achievements as portion control and diet, and yes, i do have some serious wobbly bits but i see it as a works in progress, and wayyyyy easier to live with than the self-loathing i felt when i was heavy

hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
Healthymum
Healthymum

Female
Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Freaked out by loose skin    Freaked out by loose skin  EmptySun 12 Feb 2012, 9:20 pm

Me too, but if I exercise, do resistance and weight training, and skin brushing that focuses on the areas of most concern, it should minimise the loose skin I will have. I don't think loose skin will concern me as much as excess weight has.
Back to top Go down
Autumncurl
Autumncurl

Female
Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2011-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Freaked out by loose skin    Freaked out by loose skin  EmptySun 12 Feb 2012, 3:32 pm

I am also a bit freaked out by it, however you can get hold me in under garments and cover with the right clothes, and plastic surgery isn't as expensive as it used to be.

i have already worked out what i would have done and the approximately costs and will save my money accordingly, you have about 2 years after sleeving before they will do anything, so plenty of time to save.
Back to top Go down
rebekahp
rebekahp

Female
Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2011-04-04

PostSubject: Freaked out by loose skin    Freaked out by loose skin  EmptySun 12 Feb 2012, 1:12 pm

Considering I am yet to be sleeved, this is going to sound loopy..... For some reason I have become fixated with loose skin that will probably befall me after loosing weight from this op. Was thinking maybe I should try WW again & loose the weight slowly to avoid skin issues. I'm not nervous at all of being sleeved, so this is not nerves talking.

Realistically, I know WW is lot a long term solution for me. I want to loose weight, so why am I so worried about needing plastic surgery I can't afford?

Did anyone else have these worries before WLS?

Last edited by rebekahp on Sun 12 Feb 2012, 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Freaked out by loose skin    Freaked out by loose skin  Empty

Back to top Go down

Freaked out by loose skin
Page 1 of 1