shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

Any way to avoid loose skin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? EmptyFri 16 Jul 2010, 8:41 am

i know around my stomach it will definately be loose no matter what i try to do.I think once its stretched to a point it just cant return to normal,pregnancy being the issue with me.i have super sized stretch marks on my tummy.
The dietition told me thats its important to have a steady weight loss eg 1 to 1.5kg per week is good because rapid weight loss to quickly doesnt give the skin time to skrink back.And of course as Diamonds said exercise is the only other thing to help.Toning up the muscles is important.
Any way to avoid loose skin? 110673
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female
Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? EmptyFri 16 Jul 2010, 2:40 am

Is there anyway to prevent loose skin with such big weightloss that happens with the sleeve?
Back to top Go down
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female
Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2010-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? EmptyWed 23 Jun 2010, 9:34 am

Hi Kalifi

How big you are to begin with SIZE 22 BMI 42

how much weight you lose, how fast you lose it,

wether you excercise, YES, DO WEIGHTS ONCE A WEEK AND WALK 3-4 TIMES A WEEK PLUS BOX ONCE A WEEK

the elasticity of your skins and your genes. FINGERS CROSSED

It's fair to say that almost every person who goes from being obese to normal size will have excess skin but the severity will be dependant on the above factors. I have problem areas that I know I'm going to have lose skin (arms & tummy) but if that's the only cost of gaining a healthy body again then I'm completely happy with that. TOO TRUE

Shelly i'll zip over to plastic part - didn't even think to look there!
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? EmptyWed 23 Jun 2010, 7:55 am

have a look in the plastic surgery threads there is some stuff on this there aswell
cheers
shelly25
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Hi Mel   Any way to avoid loose skin? EmptyWed 23 Jun 2010, 7:05 am

It will depend on a number of factors. How big you are to begin with, how much weight you lose, how fast you lose it, wether you excercise, the elasticity of your skins and your genes. It's fair to say that almost every person who goes from being obese to normal size will have excess skin but the severity will be dependant on the above factors. I have problem areas that I know I'm going to have lose skin (arms & tummy) but if that's the only cost of gaining a healthy body again then I'm completely happy with that.
Back to top Go down
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female
Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2010-06-22

PostSubject: Loose skin - forgive me if this is posted elsewhere   Any way to avoid loose skin? EmptyWed 23 Jun 2010, 6:30 am

I can't seem to find this anywhere - feel free to close this and point me in the right direction if it is

I am worried about loose skin post op - how bad is it?

Mel
Back to top Go down
Queendiva

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-03-19

PostSubject: Flappy Skin   Any way to avoid loose skin? EmptyMon 22 Mar 2010, 4:13 am

When I find a way to pay for my Sleeve and lose the weight I know I will have a lot of flabby skin because I have been thick since i was a toddler. I've never been able to wear average sized clothes and i have many health ailments that will be better, so I'm not going to worry about the excess skin unless it begins to cause a health problem. l mean after living with a large flabby abdomen and large droopy boobs I don't think I'm going to complain a lot about hanging skin. I'm sure "the girls" aren't going too far because I've had them since forever. At any rate I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Right now I just want to be healthy. I am not through with this world and I don't think it's through with me and I pray God will send me a way to finance my surgery. I'm depending on Him. I still think we need to bombard Medicare with letters. I am not able to self pay..
Back to top Go down
darkstar
Part of the furniture
darkstar

Female
Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2010-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? EmptyTue 16 Mar 2010, 2:06 am

Hey Couchsurfer,

don't be embarrassed. Old Mark and Opus 64 got into a big discussion about moobs (man boobs) a little while back.

You should see the things that are going to be surplus to requirements when I'm finished... or perhaps, on reflection, you shouldn't!

Best,

Dark

Couchsurfer wrote:
Visited a surgeon and got a quote, to get a breast reduction (embarrassing because I'm a guy) and tummy tuck is going to be about $14k.
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? EmptyTue 16 Mar 2010, 1:44 am

Good luck with the appointment Gail. I'd love to get tummy, arms and bum done - boobs are OK.

Couchie - don't feel sad. Would you rather be where you were, or where you are now with the potential expense. I bet I know what your answer will be!!!

Hugs
Caz
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? EmptyTue 16 Mar 2010, 12:21 am

Hi All,
2 more sleeps before I go to see the Plastic surgeon YAY
I am so bad I have wobbly bits on my wobbly bits, arms, legs, tummy. You name it.

I am just going to see him for an initial consult to see what he thinks needs doing in the long run and how much it will cost.

As my grand daughter would say I am so Sited !!!

Will pop back in and let you know Thursday after the appointment.

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
Couchsurfer

Male
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? EmptyMon 15 Mar 2010, 12:33 pm

Visited a surgeon and got a quote, to get a breast reduction (embarrassing because I'm a guy) and tummy tuck is going to be about $14k.

Feel pretty damn sad right now. My arms and thighs also need doing...so much money.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2009-10-14

PostSubject: So how bad is the flappy skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? EmptyMon 15 Mar 2010, 10:17 am

Hi Redrooter
As I said down the page, I had a tummy tuck 5 years ago. I had an infection but was so pleased that I had it done. I put my weight back on but you won't, so surely it will be a win win situation.

Do it....

Jenni
Back to top Go down
redrooter99
Part of the furniture
redrooter99

Female
Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? EmptySun 14 Mar 2010, 11:26 am

Oh my boobs are heading south like everything else, these days, my hubby keeps saying to me, what are you gonna do after you loose weight all THAT floppy skin??? excuse me! Any way to avoid loose skin? 427584
I dont really know i think ill see how i go first, all my attention is on loosing weight first..
Maybe i would get a tummy tuck pretty painfull thou i had a mate get it done after she lost 30+kg on W.W, they had to maek her a new belly button and all, and by the way , she has put the weight back on!
Back to top Go down
http://redrooter.blogspot.com/
Peazles
Part of the furniture
Peazles

Female
Number of posts : 1011
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? EmptySat 13 Mar 2010, 5:51 am

charmaz wrote:
Well I am only 30 and my boobs are what you would sometimes call 'nanna boobs' I am 68 kgs with 68yr old looking boobs. They flop like a pancake. When I have finished my weight loss I am definately going to be first in the queue for implants. I have to hide it by wearing bras all the time. I hope that this is not tooo much info for everyone...sorry bout that!! but at least yall that have the same problem know your not alone!

Go Nanna Boobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm with you there - when I get my weight off I'll be having the girls lifted - mine aren't that flash now so when the weight comes off they will look like two knee high socks with gold balls in the bottom. I'm all for doing what makes you feel better and, far as I see it, if people have lost their weight (and saved the public health purse a fortune in doing so) they should be entitled to some kind of discount for plastics related to their weightloss. A great incentive to the obese.
Back to top Go down
Cuddly Kat
Part of the furniture
Cuddly Kat

Female
Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? EmptyFri 12 Mar 2010, 12:36 pm

Hello, I had a good chuckle at all these descriptions of "nanna boobs". Yep, gotta admit after losing 40 kilos, my boobs have seen better days but they still look ok propped up in a good bra and the only loose skin I have elsewhere is on my tummy but I haven't been this weight since I had my two kids so I suspect I would have had icky drapey tumbo skin after 2 x pregnants where I ate as if I had twins each time anyway.

I fully support people getting surgery to feel better about how they look and I may do that but at the moment I really like my bod heaps more than when I was over 120 so its a trade off.
Back to top Go down
charmaz
charmaz

Female
Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: nanna style   Any way to avoid loose skin? EmptyFri 12 Mar 2010, 12:16 pm

Well I am only 30 and my boobs are what you would sometimes call 'nanna boobs' I am 68 kgs with 68yr old looking boobs. They flop like a pancake. When I have finished my weight loss I am definately going to be first in the queue for implants. I have to hide it by wearing bras all the time. I hope that this is not tooo much info for everyone...sorry bout that!! but at least yall that have the same problem know your not alone!

Go Nanna Boobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
shadesailundies
Part of the furniture
shadesailundies

Female
Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? EmptyFri 12 Mar 2010, 11:45 am

Well i'll be brutally honest here....my skin is pretty awful on my thighs, boobs and tummy but you know what I don't give a fig in comparison to how I looked before. I have lost 51kg (12 months today since my bypass surgery) and i'm very glad I did it, and as much as I know that some surgeons can refer you to have a tummy tuck I would rather save up and take out private health and have it done with a reputable plastic surgeon of my own choosing. It's a big surgery and results seem to vary drastically between surgeons.

It seems that age and how much you have exercised makes a big difference, my skin is very "english" so I didn't have a hope in hell and i've been very overweight since I was a toddler.

I hope that helps, I know it's something that we all consider but truly as someone else said....you will change inside and out.

My hubby really does love curves and a bit of wobble so hes now having to adjust, it was only a couple of months ago that he rolled over in bed to throw his arm over me and go for the "grope" and he sort of forraged around for a bit before he found what he was after....they are apparently now harder to find...lmao. I miss having boobs....a 22dd to a 14c so far....ho hum....lol.

Good luck Wren
Jen
x
Back to top Go down
The Lady Helena
Part of the furniture
The Lady Helena

Female
Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? EmptyFri 12 Mar 2010, 9:27 am

Hi ladies....I'll be trying skin-tightening body wraps as I lose weight to try and avoid the pain and expense of surgery. I used to do them in my younger days (age 21yrs) and they make your skin lovely and soft and supple. Realistically though I'm 20 years older and 2 pregnancies down and have been about 60kgs heavier at my worst, so I'm not really sure how effective they'll be now. Not sure about the science and even if they're not as effective as the manufacturer claims...I figure if it makes me feel good and makes my skin soft then I've really lost nothing. By the way I'm doing the at home version with clay and cling wrap...not the mega-expensive salon ones. Will post my progress and will shout from the roof tops if it works! lol
Back to top Go down
Bee
Bee

Female
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? EmptyFri 12 Mar 2010, 2:26 am

Ive lost 60kgs, with 15kgs to go. My excess skin is very bad. I'll need my arms done, my boobs lifted, a full body lift, and my thighs done. It is everywhere, & I hate it. But it was still worth it!
Back to top Go down
darkstar
Part of the furniture
darkstar

Female
Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2010-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? EmptyThu 11 Mar 2010, 12:18 pm

Wren, I've seen you in real life and you're gorgeous. He'd had rocks in his head to feel any way but very keen about you!
Back to top Go down
Wren
Part of the furniture
Wren

Female
Number of posts : 325

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? EmptyThu 11 Mar 2010, 11:45 am

Thanks Happyone.

I'm sure your right. Besides he loved me before i become a TOTAL FATTY!!! So I doubt that will change.

Fantastic work on your loss! That's awesome!!
Back to top Go down
happyone
happyone

Female
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? EmptyThu 11 Mar 2010, 11:06 am

Gotta tell you Wren, I think your hubby will find your new attitude even sexier than he did your presleeve boobs! Does that make sense? I am 5 kilos off my goal and have some flabby skin (mainly tops of thighs, tummy and boobs) but my hubby refers to me as his new wife. My attitude to life has changed considerably and I am so much happier not being a fatty anymore. My previously large boobs have shrunk considerably, but heh, so has everything else!
Back to top Go down
Wren
Part of the furniture
Wren

Female
Number of posts : 325

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? EmptyWed 10 Mar 2010, 12:27 pm

Hey Jenni,

I think the scars of an arm tuck would also be horrible and not being able to stretch your arms..no thanks. And maybe over time it tightens up anyway.

I think I'm going to have to have a tummy tuck too..just dont tell my husband!
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2009-10-14

PostSubject: So how bad is the flappy skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? EmptyMon 08 Mar 2010, 3:54 am

Hi Wren,
I had a tummy tuck (7.75kgs off) 5 years ago after losing 35kgs. I was so pleased about it, but when I see you next remind me to tell you the surgeon's name. I had a shocking time after with a bad infection. She also took out the stitches on the new navel too soon, another few days would have been better. I look at my floppy arms and at this time think that 3/4 sleeves will be with me for life. At 60, I don't think I will spend money on them and I also wonder as to how much pain is involved. How long does it take to recover from this op and be able to stretch your arms again? If anyone has had this op, maybe they can answer the questions.

Jenni
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any way to avoid loose skin?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: