AuthorMessage
Kyles
Part of the furniture
Kyles

Female
Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Excess Skin - hubby help needed   Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 3 EmptySun 23 Nov 2008, 5:53 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi lovelies :)

OK hubby has had many conerns about this and now he has seen a TV show on Foxtel Big Medicine about this lady who had her tummy hanging down to her knees and had been banded and it just got worse and worse...I think all up her 'new' tummy weighed 40 pounds and she had it removed. He is thinking the same might happen to me

BUT

I am trying to tell him that even at my weight which is 118kgs (not as heavy as I have been mind you 128kgs was my top weight) I dont already have hanging skin problems...like to put it bluntly to him my tummy isnt hanging over my pubic area which is where his concerns lie. Yes I have a big tummy and big everywhere obviously at 118kgs but I would hope and pray that I wont have too much excess skin at the end of the journey :)

Can anyone shed any light on how your losses have been and how your skin has been too...like has it sort of kept up? Honestly I dont mind if I have a wee bit of excess skin cause that would be better than being me right now.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 3 EmptyThu 27 Nov 2008, 3:17 am

Hi
I was 110 kg before my op , I had had 3Caesareans so had a saggy beely before I lost anything
I have since had a tummy tack with my gyno who is a lot cheaper than plastic sergeon . But I like how my tummy looks now, so that is all that matters. oh yeh and it made all the difference getting into size 10 jeans..No way could I get into that prior to having the skin removed
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 3 EmptyWed 26 Nov 2008, 12:51 pm

Hi Kyles

I was 112kgs a couple of weeks before being sleeved got to 106kgs wen had op but i had been 130kgs about 4years before ive been big most of my adult life especially the last 15yers i do have excess skin my stomach does not hang any where near as much as i thought it would ive lost 25kgs in 5months ive got the flabby arms and cottage cheese legs but my man prefers me to be healthy im the only big woman he has ever been with and he is really happy for me that im a lot more healthy thats more important to him than flabby skin i still want to lose 15 to 20 more kgs im lucky as i will get a free tummy tuck wen ive lost the weight i need to but will have to put up with the rest till i win lotto it gets to me at times but you can cover up my health is the most important think and that i will live a healther life watch my grandkids grow up and hopefully see greatgrand kids life is so much better for me now i dont have diabetes anymore so thats a plus i can run after my grandkids thats fantastics if i have to put up with saggy skin for these benifits its totally worth it

Cheers Sue Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 3 63412
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 3 EmptyWed 26 Nov 2008, 11:58 am

hi kyles,

Im was close to your size, i was 109kg. Im now at about 76kg and i have minimal excess skin, I have a bit on my tummy and my inner thighs. My arms are probably the worst with the tuck shop lady thing happening...lol But i really dont think i have enough to consider more surgery. I really think now that it will come down to exercise.

Nicole
Back to top Go down
Bee
Bee

Female
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 3 EmptySun 23 Nov 2008, 10:40 pm

Thanks Kyles :) If you notice in my current pic on the blog, I have a green polo on, and under it I have a black top, the sleeves of the black top go longer than the green. That is how I cover my arms...I cant wear normal tshirts without a top underneath lol I am getting my arms done a few months after I have the baby, if I can get to goal within that time, because I just hate them, and because it is hard to wear some clothes. But Id choose my excess skin over my old fat body anytime! Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 3 65317
Back to top Go down
Kyles
Part of the furniture
Kyles

Female

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 3 EmptySun 23 Nov 2008, 8:24 pm

Thanks apple :) I couldnt remember how heavy she was to start and now that you said it I remember yes she was the worst case he had ever seen, it sort of hurt my lil ol feelings that he even put me in the same boat as that lady. I've only just 'found' that show and that was the first one we had seen...lol...my luck he saw the most extreme case of it hey.

Bee I have seen your website and OMG woman you inspire me so much. To look at your pics I would never know you have any excess skin at all!! You look fantastic girl and congrats on the pregnancy. I can only imagine how you are struggling with whole weight thing...hugs xx

Thanks girls
Back to top Go down
Bee
Bee

Female
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 3 EmptySun 23 Nov 2008, 11:00 am

I'm prolly not much help, Im only 26, but I did weigh 155kgs. I have now lost 60kgs and am 15kgs from goal. I have severe excess skin on my arms, and arm pits, my inner thighs, and I will need a full body lift. But like Apple said, isnt it better to be a healthy weight? My Husband is happier than I can breathe, and that he doesnt have to worry he will come home, and find that Ive stopped breathing in my sleep...Everyone is different, I know some people who have had no issues with their skin, some worse than me, some livable...
If your tummy doesnt 'hang' now, I doubt it will once you lose the weight....

Goodluck with it all!

Bee
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 3 EmptySun 23 Nov 2008, 8:12 am

The woman weighed in at over 500lbs and was the worst case the surgeon has ever seen. Now let me see your husband would rather you unhealthy unable to live a long life with him or have a bit of saggy skin ? put things into perspective with him. It will be not much more than after you had your children.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
Kyles
Part of the furniture
Kyles

Female

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 3 EmptySun 23 Nov 2008, 7:55 am

Thanks for responding Leisa :)

Yep I told him all that too...its all very individual, I guess I was looking for some stories to support what I was saying...lol Show him that it isnt necessarily what will happen.
Back to top Go down
leisac
leisac

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 3 EmptySun 23 Nov 2008, 7:29 am

Plastic surgery is certainly in my future but I was way bigger than you to start with. Still have a bit to go before I will go and talk to a plastic surgeon.

On another site I belong to one of the girls actually works as an assistant to a plastic surgeon and she said that it is deceptive how much the excess skin that is removed will weigh. I think she said that it averages out at about 4-8 pound and that even some of the biggest ones she had seen were around the 10-13 pound mark.

I think it is all very dependent on how much you have to lose, how old you are as skin becomes less elastic as we age and how long you have actually been overweight before. You could also probably throw in genetics too I suspect. It really is a very individual thing.

Cheers
Leisa
Back to top Go down
Kyles
Part of the furniture
Kyles

Female

PostSubject: Excess Skin - hubby help needed   Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 3 EmptySun 23 Nov 2008, 5:53 am

Hi lovelies :)

OK hubby has had many conerns about this and now he has seen a TV show on Foxtel Big Medicine about this lady who had her tummy hanging down to her knees and had been banded and it just got worse and worse...I think all up her 'new' tummy weighed 40 pounds and she had it removed. He is thinking the same might happen to me

BUT

I am trying to tell him that even at my weight which is 118kgs (not as heavy as I have been mind you 128kgs was my top weight) I dont already have hanging skin problems...like to put it bluntly to him my tummy isnt hanging over my pubic area which is where his concerns lie. Yes I have a big tummy and big everywhere obviously at 118kgs but I would hope and pray that I wont have too much excess skin at the end of the journey :)

Can anyone shed any light on how your losses have been and how your skin has been too...like has it sort of kept up? Honestly I dont mind if I have a wee bit of excess skin cause that would be better than being me right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Any way to avoid loose skin?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3