AuthorMessage
Kyles
Part of the furniture
Kyles

Female
Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Excess Skin - hubby help needed   Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 2 EmptySun 23 Nov 2008, 5:53 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi lovelies :)

OK hubby has had many conerns about this and now he has seen a TV show on Foxtel Big Medicine about this lady who had her tummy hanging down to her knees and had been banded and it just got worse and worse...I think all up her 'new' tummy weighed 40 pounds and she had it removed. He is thinking the same might happen to me

BUT

I am trying to tell him that even at my weight which is 118kgs (not as heavy as I have been mind you 128kgs was my top weight) I dont already have hanging skin problems...like to put it bluntly to him my tummy isnt hanging over my pubic area which is where his concerns lie. Yes I have a big tummy and big everywhere obviously at 118kgs but I would hope and pray that I wont have too much excess skin at the end of the journey :)

Can anyone shed any light on how your losses have been and how your skin has been too...like has it sort of kept up? Honestly I dont mind if I have a wee bit of excess skin cause that would be better than being me right now.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Jenni
Part of the furniture

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2009-10-14

PostSubject: So how bad is the flappy skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 2 EmptyMon 08 Mar 2010, 3:54 am

Hi Wren,
I had a tummy tuck (7.75kgs off) 5 years ago after losing 35kgs. I was so pleased about it, but when I see you next remind me to tell you the surgeon's name. I had a shocking time after with a bad infection. She also took out the stitches on the new navel too soon, another few days would have been better. I look at my floppy arms and at this time think that 3/4 sleeves will be with me for life. At 60, I don't think I will spend money on them and I also wonder as to how much pain is involved. How long does it take to recover from this op and be able to stretch your arms again? If anyone has had this op, maybe they can answer the questions.

Jenni
Back to top Go down
Wren
Part of the furniture
Wren

Female
Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 2 EmptyMon 08 Mar 2010, 1:57 am

That's fantastic Lib. I'm really happy that your husband thinks you look so good he's even getting aware of others attention!
I have big boobs anyway, so I doubt they'll go to nothing, but I kinda wish they would, cause I dont want to have old tribal woman breasts hanging down to my ankles! Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 2 697586
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 2 EmptyMon 08 Mar 2010, 1:47 am

My husband is happy with a bit of attention, so he doesn't care about the extra skin. He might be a bit freaked out if it was considerably more, but he's ok with it now. My boobs are non existant, I had to buy a 10A the other day. I feel like a 13 year old! :P

We went out on Saturday, was dressed for the races (they were cancelled) and went to the pub with a TAB, he said I was getting a lot of attention from the men :P
Back to top Go down
Wren
Part of the furniture
Wren

Female

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 2 EmptyMon 08 Mar 2010, 1:28 am

Thanks Ladies,

I have looked at all your photos again and think Wow, you look amazing!

I am like Lib and don't know if I can justify the expense of the surgery. I thought there was a cheaper version of the tummy tuck specifically for people who have had obesity surgery. It's more removal of skin then both fat and skin. I met a lady who was getting it done fairly cheaply. I'll contact her and find out about it.

I agree with all of you, and that it's worth it anyway. I think maybe it's something for the future to consider but most of the issues aren't noticeable to people with your clothes on.

How are you husband's or partner's about the excess skin? My husband say's; ( He is a Boob man by the way!)..he'll find a new favorite part of my body, but I worry he will miss the boobs and dislike the skin etc. He's a good man but I want him to still find me sexy etc. I know TMI !!!!

Thanks all for being so candid. Hope I haven't made anyone feel negative about themselves, because I think your all wonderful!

Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 2 446871
Back to top Go down
NutMeg
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 769
Registration date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 2 EmptyMon 08 Mar 2010, 12:44 am

I'm already saving for the tummy! $6,000 is quite do-able :)

I've already got the "apron" from having 3 babies close together. It is something that bothers me a lot as it is, not too sure how I'm going to feel after i lose the weight and it's still there Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 2 595690

Good luck with your op Max!
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 2 EmptyMon 08 Mar 2010, 12:27 am

I have lost 52kg. I was never overly "stretched" anywhere, but I do now have a bit of flabby skin on the tops of my thighs, my arms, and my tummy, but I am trying to learn how to love myself the way I am, I would really really love a tuck and tighten, and a boob lift and enhancement, but I can't justify the expence for anything extra after the op cost me so much, the areas that worry me, don't seem to be noticable to others so I am trying to be happy how I am. Its really only the last few kilos that has me not liking the way my skin is, so maybe I need to fatten up a little bit to fill up the gaps! Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 2 314562
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 2 EmptySun 07 Mar 2010, 10:18 pm

Hi Wren
Well, everyone's different. It depends on how much overweight you are, how long you've been there, and how old you are.
I'm 53 and have been overweight all of my life, and obese for much of it. I've lost approx. 76kg, and have lots of excess skin - arms, legs, tummy, boobs, etc!
I'd love to have it all taken off - when I win lotto!
But I don't regret losing the weight and having this - it's still well worth it!
Back to top Go down
Max
Part of the furniture
Max

Female
Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 2 EmptySun 07 Mar 2010, 11:53 am

Hi Wren,
my Tummy tuck will cost about $6000 give or take a hundred or two after PHI and medicare.
I don;t expect to get much back out of my $6000.

Yes would like my arms and inner thighs and even chin done too. But all these things I can live with for now and see how I go over the next 5 years.
This will be my 3rd op in 12 months so a lot of money spent just on me. I draw the line there for now and will work on toning my arms and things after I have healed form my tummy op.

See what happens in years to come I may one day be rich and then I will get everyhting done.

Max
Back to top Go down
Wren
Part of the furniture
Wren

Female

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 2 EmptySun 07 Mar 2010, 11:33 am

Congrats on the incredible weight loss Max!! you are superhuman!!

i have already been told by my surgeon that i will prob need a tuck too. How much does it cost if you dont mind me asking?
Also , what about your arms? I think that is my other concern. Yours look good in your pictures.

Thanks for the reply.

Wren
Back to top Go down
Max
Part of the furniture
Max

Female
Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 2 EmptySun 07 Mar 2010, 11:03 am

Hi,

I'm 2 kilos from goal weight, have lost 49kgs. While having my boobs reduced and lifted was always on my agenda, I never considered a tummy tuck for excess skin before having the sleeve surgery, then a friend who first introduced me to WLS said "Oh, you'll need to get a tummy tuck too" that was my first consideration of would I? Anyway 6 months on and almost 12 months after sleeve to the date, I am having a tummy tuck on Monday March 29. I just can't have done all this work to still have a fat flabby tummy, so having it fixed to complete the job of fat to thin.

Max
Back to top Go down
Wren
Part of the furniture
Wren

Female

PostSubject: So how bad is the flappy skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 2 EmptySun 07 Mar 2010, 10:30 am

Hey all,

I was just wondering for those that have lost in excess of 50kg's, just how bad is the saggy skin?

Sorry. rude to ask I know.

Xxx Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 2 697586
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 2 EmptySun 19 Apr 2009, 11:38 pm

Hey Couchie, like Belly said it takes a while for your skin to settle down after weight loss. You may have saggy bits when you get to goal weight but give it about a year after that to determine where you will really be in terms of excess skin because it will firm up a bit. You do have youth on your side.
Better to have a bit of loose skin than mounds of fat keeping it nice and taught LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 2 EmptySun 19 Apr 2009, 11:18 pm

Couchie, i have a couple of georgeous bras you can have, sounds like you might need them for your spectuclaur man boobs LOL!

Sadly once your skin looses its elasticity there is nothing on this earth that will 'cure' saggy skin. If you are still lucky enough to have a good amount of elastin, than you will fare much better than those of us who don't. Eventually it will settle down to some degree (watched a friend go through this years ago) its difficult to describe how it looked after about a year of being at goal weight. All the fat was gone from behind her skin and it had returned to roughly where it should be. You know when you let the air out of a baloon after its been inflated for a long time and it gets that wrinkly look, after a couple of days it is sort of the right size again but its not sitting flat? Well thats sort of what it reminded me of. It horrified her at first, all what man is ever going to want to see this, but she got over it and met a lovley man who couldn't have cared less.

I know i already need a tummy tuck. Needed that for years! But i think i need a boob lift more, its the stuff of nightmares, LOL! Couldn't care less about my arms, like Ricie, i've always worn sleevless and people who don't like it can all go to bu**ery. But i'm getting it bad on the inside of my thighs. Once again, too bad! Geez i'm human, i've got floppy bits, get over it! I always think of Big Wal and Adro from the first series of biggest looser when i think of saggy skin.

I often wonder whats happened to the people in this world. When did they all become so vain that we are told to hide our lose skin, on arms especially, rather than dress for comfort, why should i have to be hot on a summer day. Its stupid. And of course its the 'beautiful people' who are offended by our ordinary-ness, and tell us to put it away. We should put the beautiful people away. Without their constant 'advice' the world would be a much better place.

And so ends this mornings sermon! Ouch, got a splinter in my saggy butt from sitting on my soap box hahahahaha!
Back to top Go down
Couchsurfer

Male
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 2 EmptySun 19 Apr 2009, 2:59 pm

I don't know why, but today I am really freaked out about excess skin!

I have spent time looking up stuff on google about it. I am 26, I have always been overweight/obese.

Now I lost around 20kg, I can see some excess skin around my gut and arms starting to form.

This sucks.
Back to top Go down
Rosie
Rosie

Female
Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 2 EmptySun 19 Apr 2009, 12:49 am

I have been really lucky so far......

I've basically spent the last half of my life going up, down and everything in between. I have some stretch marks on my hips and boobs but not anywhere near the amount I deserve to have! And I've never had a problem with excess skin. Fingers crossed this time (it WILL be the last time I have to lose so much weight).

After I had lost 40kg with the Band I asked Dr about tummy tuck and he said I was dreaming and didn't need one. But will definately need a boob lift and stuff I think! They are no where near where they should be - LOL!
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 2 EmptySun 19 Apr 2009, 12:10 am

I must admit, I am lucky that my weight is fairly well spread, my butt and thighs have most of the excess weight, my arms arent' too bad. I do wonder if my stretchmarks (Badges of honour!!) from pregnancy will make the skin rinkly, but I am hoping I have age and luck on my side!
Back to top Go down
Denise1971
Denise1971

Female
Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 2 EmptySat 18 Apr 2009, 11:50 am

My Dr said Protein & exercise will help the loose skin get back into shape. But he also said I was still at a good age where I probably won't need a tummy tuck but maybe a boob lift - they are shocking
Back to top Go down
Oma
Oma

Female
Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Apr 2009, 4:32 pm

Doc and nutritionist says, [rotein, protein, protein 60-70 grams per day for women and 70-80 grams per day for men. Protein and sufficient water is supposed to be our number one allie in this struggle in losing weight and getting fit.
Oma
Back to top Go down
GoodScout
GoodScout

Male
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: What can be done?   Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Apr 2009, 3:19 pm

I share the same concern. Is there something your doctors have suggested, or something you're doing to try and make your skill a little more pliable so it's less likely to sag and have stretch marks post-surgery.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 2 EmptyMon 16 Mar 2009, 1:55 am

I am not too worried about the excess skin yet. Whilst I do have flabby arms and stretch marks on my tummy, I know I'll get some loose skin. I would only consider getting it removed it if became a health problem, like say it was rubbing causing rash or infection, then I would consider it, as for cosmetic reasons, more than likely not.

You go in for any surgery and it doesn't mean you will come out and even plastic surgery can end up looking worse with scaring.

Flabby arms dont worry me, I wear sleeveless dresses and tops now and always have done.

Also Stimpy, 32 isn't that old for youyr skin to snap back into place a fair amount. You just gonna have to be patient and wait and see!
Back to top Go down
stimpy911
stimpy911

Male
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 2 EmptySun 15 Mar 2009, 1:47 pm

Deb wrote:
Hey Stimpy, I worry a bit about loose skin too. Mainly on my tummy and maybe might end up with "tuck shop lady arms" as we call them in Australia. Won't really know until we get there I suppose. I believe that once you reach goal weight if you keep the exercise up, things will keep improving to some extent skin-wise.
Here's a thought- I think people are a lot less likely to point out or even notice in the first place a person with loose skin than someone who is absolutely huge walking down the street. Another thought- what's the point in being a corpse with lovely skin?
Sorry if this sounds over-dramatic, but just a reality check.

Deb not over-dramatic at all. :)
Back to top Go down
stimpy911
stimpy911

Male

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 2 EmptySun 15 Mar 2009, 1:46 pm

Couchsurfer wrote:
Yeah its something I think about. I wonder if I will ever lose my man-boobs completely, I have a rather spectacular pair.

lol got a good laugh out of that cause I can relate.
Back to top Go down
Couchsurfer

Male
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 2 EmptySun 15 Mar 2009, 1:02 pm

Yeah its something I think about. I wonder if I will ever lose my man-boobs completely, I have a rather spectacular pair.
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 2 EmptySun 15 Mar 2009, 1:00 pm

Hey Stimpy, I worry a bit about loose skin too. Mainly on my tummy and maybe might end up with "tuck shop lady arms" as we call them in Australia. Won't really know until we get there I suppose. I believe that once you reach goal weight if you keep the exercise up, things will keep improving to some extent skin-wise.
Here's a thought- I think people are a lot less likely to point out or even notice in the first place a person with loose skin than someone who is absolutely huge walking down the street. Another thought- what's the point in being a corpse with lovely skin?
Sorry if this sounds over-dramatic, but just a reality check.
Back to top Go down
stimpy911
stimpy911

Male

PostSubject: I worry about excess skin after surgery sometimes.   Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 2 EmptySun 15 Mar 2009, 12:35 pm

I know this sounds kinda bad but sometimes I think I would rather keep my 430 pounds rather than have loose and sagging skin after losing the weight. I know I should be more concerned with getting healthy but sometimes I do dwell on that and wonder how I will feel when I get to that stage. Maybe I just need to think one step at a time.

Do any of you have the same thoughts as me from time to time? Just wondering if it is just me. Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 2 877290

Maybe it wont be as bad as I think it will be. Maybe if I really get addicted to the gym I might be able to prevent some of the excess skin after surgery.
Back to top Go down
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female
Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 2 EmptyThu 27 Nov 2008, 3:17 am

Hi
I was 110 kg before my op , I had had 3Caesareans so had a saggy beely before I lost anything
I have since had a tummy tack with my gyno who is a lot cheaper than plastic sergeon . But I like how my tummy looks now, so that is all that matters. oh yeh and it made all the difference getting into size 10 jeans..No way could I get into that prior to having the skin removed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any way to avoid loose skin?   Any way to avoid loose skin? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Any way to avoid loose skin?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next