AuthorMessage
Suzy77
Part of the furniture
Suzy77

Female
Number of posts : 488
Registration date : 2012-08-28

Sagging/loose skin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sagging/loose skin?   Sagging/loose skin? EmptyMon 29 Jul 2013, 9:51 am

Aw thank you Linda! That's very sweet of you! Good luck with your weightloss and let me know how you go with the body brushing!! I find it really wakes me up in the morning and I have become quite addicted to it!

Xxx
Back to top Go down
Lindamck
Lindamck

Female
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2013-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Sagging/loose skin?   Sagging/loose skin? EmptyMon 29 Jul 2013, 9:46 am

Cool thanks Suzy will def invest in one of those, I have stalked your posts - good luck with your next surgery and I hope you get some resolution and pain relief :) You are an amazing woman!

Cheers
Linda
Back to top Go down
Suzy77
Part of the furniture
Suzy77

Female
Number of posts : 488
Registration date : 2012-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Sagging/loose skin?   Sagging/loose skin? EmptyMon 29 Jul 2013, 9:29 am

I lost my weight quickly due to complications and haven't been able to exercise at all. I've got quite a bit of loose skin tho have found a strict body brushing routine to complement moisturising has been a big help. It's a cheap option and nothing to lose except maybe $10 for the brush! Also good apparantly for stimulating metabolism so an extra bonus!

Xxx
Back to top Go down
Lindamck
Lindamck

Female
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2013-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Sagging/loose skin?   Sagging/loose skin? EmptyMon 29 Jul 2013, 7:20 am

Hi Ozcat,

I too am obsessed with the saggy skin issue, I am still 16 days out from surgery and have lost almost 10kg on Opti so far. I have started taking Imedeen capsules, swisse hair/skin/nails vitamins and am using a sea salt scrub and body firming lotion! ( Oh and i am using hand weights each day to exercise particularly arm areas).

Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted :)

I had a bit of a look at dermaroller web site - is it worth investing in one of these? I am also interested in the use of compression garments post-surgery, I wonder whether if holding the skin in firmly will help it to shrink back? I have not seen any posts on the forum about these.

I look forward to being trim and fit but dread not being able to wear singlet tops because of saggy skin, I too could not afford plastic surgery and I also scar badly so those big long incisions on the inner arm terrify me! 

On the wrong side of 40 means my skin is all down hill from here so I am willing to try anything......

Cheers
Linda
Back to top Go down
ozkat
ozkat

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2013-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Sagging/loose skin?   Sagging/loose skin? EmptyMon 29 Jul 2013, 5:18 am

Ozcatmum - isn't that funny, I've used ozkat for years because, well, I'm Australian and my name is Kat, haha!  I've never come across soemone with a similar name.  Nice name yourself. :))  Dermaroller is a great idea, I didn't even think of that.  There is a dermaroller product called Beauty Mouse which is specifically designed for the body, it might be worth looking at for some collagen induction therapy.

Bluebags - Oh, I meant it was my biggest worry as far as skin was concerned!  Not my biggest worry about the surgery overall. :)

I don't have the money for plastic surgery either so definitely hoping to look at prevention rather than cure!  I expect I'll have a bit of loose skin but God I hope it's not too much. :(
Back to top Go down
bluebags
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2204
Registration date : 2013-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Sagging/loose skin?   Sagging/loose skin? EmptySun 28 Jul 2013, 9:31 am

Not an easy one to answer as it is different for everyone.  I think the biggest challenge in this area is how much weight you are expected to lose.  I think if it is major amount there is bound to be excess skin.  As a skincare therapist you know we stop making collagen at 35 and with a family history of stretchmarks I think you will be lucky not to get some excess.

As your own avatar says exercise is the poor mans plastic surgery is true you will need to do weights pushup etc for the arms and legs.  I have been going to the gym daily since my clearance was given and I am working on those areas I have noticed the legs improving but I think the arms will be harder but I am 57.

I think if this is your only worry then maybe you need to look harder at your decision I would not have let it stop me as I looked at the bigger picture and me thinner means a much healthier active longer life.  I also do not have money for plastic surgery so exercise exercise exercise and slip slop slap those creams.
Back to top Go down
Ozcatmum
Ozcatmum

Female
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2013-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Sagging/loose skin?   Sagging/loose skin? EmptySun 28 Jul 2013, 9:17 am

Nice name babe! 

Had the surgery 20 March, I'm 41, have lost 32kg so far, 10kg from goal. I have some loose skin, mainly tuckshop ladies arms, but not terrible. Face and Tummy is fine, thighs and bum a little flabby but slowly firming up. I do Pump 4-5  times a week and body balance 2x a week, but did this before the sleeve. I think it makes a difference. 

I don't use soap, I wash with Sorbolene which keeps skin hydrated. I did look at dermarollers but never got round to buying! Have one for my face which works really well.

Dr and all my friends who have gone before tell me that it takes about 6 months to know how your skin will react, and its mostly genetic. All of that said, I would far rather have a slim saggy body than the alternative.

Good luck - best decision I ever made.

OCM xx
Back to top Go down
ozkat
ozkat

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2013-07-27

PostSubject: Sagging/loose skin?   Sagging/loose skin? EmptySun 28 Jul 2013, 5:23 am

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the forum so I'm sorry if a similar thread exists elsewhere.  I did a quick search and couldn't find one but feel free to point me in the right direction if need be.

I haven't had my op yet but I'm very interested in how everyone's skin has fared during their weightloss?  My main worry is that I go from being fat to being a healthy weight but with this sagging loose skin everywhere!  I don't know what would be worse!

Did people find that their skin started to sag?  Did you develop sunken cheeks or jowls or saggy eyelids after a significant weightloss?  What about the skin in the triceps area (underside of upper arms)?  Did you find that your inner thighs became wrinklier and saggier?

I'm ok with losing a bit of elasticity, especially in my legs and tummy because, well, nobody sees that area anyway and I'm covered in stretchmarks (very prevelant in my family, I had them through adolescence and even my brother who is not overweight in any way has them on his hips and thighs) so I won't be exposing my tummy.  I'm more concerned about loss of elasticity in my arms, boobs and face.

I've been religiously moisturising my entire body for months now in preparation for the surgery, and I'm a skincare therapist so I'm good about maintaining my facial skincare routine including a vitamin C serum for healing and collagen production.  I'm 30 years old -- I wish I'd had the surgery when i was 20 -- so my skin isn't super young but neither is it very aged either.  Hopefully...fingers crossed...my skin bounces back okay.  It would be so devastating to lose weight only to have ANOTHER surgery to remove excess skin OR to not be able to wear pretty clothes because of loose skin!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sagging/loose skin?   Sagging/loose skin? Empty

Back to top Go down

Sagging/loose skin?
Page 1 of 1