4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ishtar
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2012-05-02

HELP Please... Loose Skin Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP Please... Loose Skin   HELP Please... Loose Skin EmptyTue 21 Aug 2012, 7:58 am

There is a section further down on the home page titled Plastic Surgery where you might find the answers you need. Im pretty sure I have seen medicare numbers in there in the past.
Back to top Go down
Jazzzzz
Jazzzzz

Female
Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2012-08-10

PostSubject: Re: HELP Please... Loose Skin   HELP Please... Loose Skin EmptyTue 21 Aug 2012, 3:38 am

Thanks so much for the quick replies,

Hi Mammabear, wow I just looked at your pictures and you look amazing.

I took out PHI 1 month ago when I first started researching weight loss surgery and I was looking at getting a band however, after a fair bit of research I have decided that the sleeve would be the better choice for me. (My health insurance told me to go ahead and do all the surgeon, dietitian etc appointments during the 12 mth waiting time and I could book the surgery 1 day after that).

I just wanted to ask about the possible loose skin issue so that I am clear as to whether I want to swap one problem for another. If skin removal is covered then I will feel like I have that safety net, if you know what I mean.

I am around the same weight now as you were when you had the sleeve surgery... I have recently lost another 4kg over a month starting yet another system (bodytrim) which puts me currently at 111 kg. The high protein does make me feel allot less hungry and seems to work well so far...but I know I need that extra help to get rid of the rest and more importantly... to keep it off.

My heaviest has been 136kg and I keep trying to do this on my own but my body wants to go back to the 115kg mark and seems happy to yoyo between 104-115kg. (I lost 42kg 10 years ago and put back 21kg but have managed to keep 21kg off).

My GP appointment is today to get a referral to the surgeon and thanks to this website I have the information to be able to talk to my GP about my options. I think you guys are wonderful.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond
Back to top Go down
mammabear25
Part of the furniture
mammabear25

Female
Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2011-08-06

PostSubject: Re: HELP Please... Loose Skin   HELP Please... Loose Skin EmptyTue 21 Aug 2012, 2:33 am

Hi Sleeveless...

To be honest going forward and getting PHI for your sleeve should be your first concern, worrying about what your body is going to look like is too far ahead....your body shape, what you do every day, what exercise you do...and how quickly or slowly you loose your weight are all important factors.......our skin over time will decrease, and toning and exercise is so important...the sleeve is a tool for us to loose weight but its not going to stop most people from eating badly or not exercising.....

Im a year out from my sleeve and I am overall happy with my body on how it looks, yes i do have excess skin, on thighs and belly but its to be expected...i do zumba twice a week, walk and ride my bike... i try to tone as much as i can but I know i will need a tummy tuck next year and I am saving for that now, and after having 5 kiddies and 4 sections i need a TT lol........

For me I didnt look after my body, I over ate, didnt exercise and its my fault no one elses, so I know have to improve what i have now, its along journey that you will achieve and the benefits are so worth it, to feel healthy, look healthy and to be able to wear all the "nice" clothes without getting depressed because you refuse to buy the next size up....

Im with HCF and i have top cover to cover my sleeve and plastics, but still have to have the surgeon word the Tummy Tuck to be from skin irratations, infections and multiple sections....but I still will be out of pocket about $5000...but I will get back about $2000.....

Good luck with your journey...being a sleever is the best decision I have ever made:)
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: HELP Please... Loose Skin   HELP Please... Loose Skin EmptyMon 20 Aug 2012, 7:19 am

I know I will need 'surgery'. I have read that if it has a medicare item number it will be covered. If you have insurance that covers the sleeve it should cover plastic surgery although there will be a waiting period.
Back to top Go down
Jazzzzz
Jazzzzz

Female
Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2012-08-10

PostSubject: HELP Please... Loose Skin   HELP Please... Loose Skin EmptyMon 20 Aug 2012, 7:15 am

Hi Everyone,

My name is Kaz and I am considering getting gastric sleeve surgery but I am terrified of having it done, only to be left with a massive amount of loose skin as a result. I watched a show the other night called embarrasing fat bodies and they had a few people showing massive amounts of loose skin after rapid weight loss.

I have huge legs and arms and I know I will most definately need both upper and lower body lift after losing the weight, but will only be able to afford this if it IS covered by PHI.

Does anyone have the MEDICARE ITEM NUMBERS to post for a body lift, if so can you post it up so I can check with my PHI to see if it is covered by them. I did do a search on the medicare site but I don't know the correct terms to use... it won't come up under 'body lift'.

Also if anyone has had or is getting a body lift (upper or lower) did your insurance cover yours, If so who are you with?....

Thanks soooo much HELP Please... Loose Skin 217555
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP Please... Loose Skin   HELP Please... Loose Skin Empty

Back to top Go down

HELP Please... Loose Skin
Page 1 of 1