3 posters
AuthorMessage
beccyboo78
beccyboo78

Female
Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2011-05-15

Did you have loose skin after surgery? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you have loose skin after surgery?   Did you have loose skin after surgery? EmptySun 19 Jun 2011, 1:57 am

Thanks so much for your feedback pocket rocket and sassy. I guess all you can do is try your best with exercise, toning and not losing weight too quickly in order to decrease the risk of sag. If it's going to happen, it's going to happen though.

Did you have loose skin after surgery? 68366
Back to top Go down
PocketRocket

Male
Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2010-08-15

PostSubject: Hello - I am down 54kgs and my skin is starting to tighten up   Did you have loose skin after surgery? EmptySat 18 Jun 2011, 12:45 pm

Hello beccyboo78

Thought I would send you a quick message about sagging skin.

I was sleeved nine month ago and have lost 54kgs and I feel on top of the world. Yes I have sagging skin and especially around my waist, but it's so much better than it being full of fat and doing all that damage to my body!

One thing is that I do a lot of exercise and have been doing a lot of ab work and twists starting with one or two a day and then slowing increasing my reps over a few months. I have been surprised by the results and yes I still have the saggy skin, but it really is a lot better. I am going to start training with a personal trainer who has an incredible 'six pack' and will be doing a focused three month core body workouts and will get back to you to see if it works out for me.

If you can start by doing a couple of twists and some basic exercises even if it's one or two a day and slowing building up, you will be surprised by the results after a few months.

Best of luck with your operation and looking forward to hearing the good news for you when you start losing weight

PocketRocket

PS. Another tip is push ups again a wall. I started doing one or two at a time and slowly over a few months did a few more and now I can do over a 100 and that helps to tone things up as well. Start slow and things will improve over time
Back to top Go down
sassysmum
Part of the furniture
sassysmum

Female
Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2011-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Did you have loose skin after surgery?   Did you have loose skin after surgery? EmptySat 18 Jun 2011, 11:29 am

Hi Bec,
Well so far my loss is a bit over 12 kgs and things seem to be settling in OK, although it's early days. I reckon I will have a loose tummy overhang that will need surgical attention when I get to goal weight. And they do say that a slower loss allows skin to catch up... I'm not sure about that?? After all I'm 61, have had three pregnancies and have been overweight a loooooong time. And my skin is on the dry side, although I'm loading up with Bio Oil..... Good stuff, and so far so good.. Tanx fr asking.
have a great weekend.....
sass
Back to top Go down
beccyboo78
beccyboo78

Female

PostSubject: Re: Did you have loose skin after surgery?   Did you have loose skin after surgery? EmptySat 18 Jun 2011, 11:03 am

Thanks sassy. How have you gone so far with your skin?
Back to top Go down
sassysmum
Part of the furniture
sassysmum

Female
Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2011-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Did you have loose skin after surgery?   Did you have loose skin after surgery? EmptySat 18 Jun 2011, 2:57 am

Hi Bec,
Different people have different experiences with this. Apart form age/ weight / pregnancies /weight gained during / genes / familial makeup etc etc, it depends on the make up of your skin, and skin is as individual as you are. Nobody can really answer your question, but only give you an insight into their own experience, and for each it will be different.
good luck anyway, maybe you will one of the lucky ones and have skin that bounces back in an instant. Most of us aren't.
cheers
sassysmum
Back to top Go down
beccyboo78
beccyboo78

Female

PostSubject: Did you have loose skin after surgery?   Did you have loose skin after surgery? EmptySat 18 Jun 2011, 1:53 am

I am 104kg and being sleeved on the 29 June. Am just wondering if sleevers around my weight (BMI - approx 38) has issues with loose skin after shedding the pounds? I am 32 years old. I am sure there will be some sag and realize that exercise can help. I also know it depends on your skin and age. Would like to see what others have experienced though. Thanks in advance Did you have loose skin after surgery? 65317
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did you have loose skin after surgery?   Did you have loose skin after surgery? Empty

Back to top Go down

Did you have loose skin after surgery?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: