*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Is there any way of knowing how much loose skin I'll have Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there any way of knowing how much loose skin I'll have   Is there any way of knowing how much loose skin I'll have EmptyFri 03 Jun 2011, 11:11 am

I have lost 55kg, and my skin isn't too bad, but I didn't get overly stretched and I wasn't badly overweight for too long. I also had age on my side. I was done when I was 31. There are a few things that could do with a nip and tuck, but its not worth me worrying about.
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Is there any way of knowing how much loose skin I'll have   Is there any way of knowing how much loose skin I'll have EmptyFri 03 Jun 2011, 9:51 am

Well, I have lost 24KG in a very short time, really, and I don't seem to have any saggy skin, but I notice that it feels SOFT when I press it! My arms are thinner, but not saggy at all, but I generally put weight on my legs and arms last of all.

The tummy might be a concern. No stretch marks, but I have had 4 kids, the last pregnancy 15lbs of twins! The Obstetrician always said I would need a tummy tuck. I am looking to have it done on Medicare.
Back to top Go down
amanda O'D
Part of the furniture
amanda O'D

Female
Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2010-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Is there any way of knowing how much loose skin I'll have   Is there any way of knowing how much loose skin I'll have EmptyTue 31 May 2011, 10:15 am

Thanks so much for the replies Ladies, right up untill my late 30's my chin was always good so im hopping it will return to some sort of semblence of what it once was.

I can remember my mum doing this sort of slapping motion under her chin as she did her night time moisturising routine, she said it was to keep her chin firm she is now in her late 70's and has a great neck so maybe it worked lol.
As for my arms all the women on my mums side have large tops of the arms even the skinny ones so ive never gained too much weight there, as they were on the bigger side to start with those i think i can live with.

I've wondered about the effect of stretch marks and the ability to tone that skin myself, again going back to my child hood i remember going to the beach with a neighbours family the mum was a thin woman size 10 at the most and she had a real wrinkly tummy from stretch marks just from having her babies. It was very much like that area of her tummy had lost it elasticity.

I can live with not being taut all over, i figure area's that end up with heaps of lose skin i will eventually have worked on if they bother me too much, afterall i might be really happy just to be able to see my toes again.

smiles
amanda
Back to top Go down
SloJo
Part of the furniture
SloJo

Female
Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2011-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Is there any way of knowing how much loose skin I'll have   Is there any way of knowing how much loose skin I'll have EmptyTue 31 May 2011, 9:32 am

I wonder about the same thing. If this makes you feel any better - I am 27 and my boobs have always been saggy (thank goodness for underwire, push up bras)...so I can't expect any miracles.

I've seen one of my friends who is nearly 50 lose a lot of weight rapidly and it seemed her neck skin was a bit wobbly, but then it kind of shrank (or it appeared to). Do you think if there is stretch marks on certain areas it's possible the skin will be harder or impossible to tone/shrink? Like you say, everyone is different and it will be a big enough achievement to lose the weight, worry about the rest later if you wish.

It's whatever makes you happy - not vanity at all Amanda!!!! Is there any way of knowing how much loose skin I'll have 63412
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Is there any way of knowing how much loose skin I'll have   Is there any way of knowing how much loose skin I'll have EmptyTue 31 May 2011, 9:09 am

Look at your childhood or teen photos, if you had nice thin neck then, chances are your neckline will follow a similar line.

However, as we approach our fifties, bits might sag a bit. I have noticed my neck and chin line are back, but not as taut as it was in my thirties when I first started to put on weight.

My boobs are still an 'E' cup, and look ok, but not as taut either. I can live with them.

If I had the money, I might do something...
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Is there any way of knowing how much loose skin I'll have   Is there any way of knowing how much loose skin I'll have EmptyTue 31 May 2011, 8:51 am

i dont think it absorbs ,as such but the only thing you can do is toning exercise to help,the other factors depend on how far the skins been stretched ,sometimes its just to far gone and will never tone up,and the other factor is everyones body is different,so some are lucky and its not to bad and others have lots of excess skin.
im very luck that my tummy is not to bad,i can get away with it as is,my arms are actually the part that are the saggiest.I am bigger down the bottom half and smaller from waist up.
shelly
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Is there any way of knowing how much loose skin I'll have   Is there any way of knowing how much loose skin I'll have EmptyTue 31 May 2011, 5:44 am

Don't know about knowing, but my chin went away as I lost weight. Not the tummy though!!
Back to top Go down
amanda O'D
Part of the furniture
amanda O'D

Female
Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2010-11-13

PostSubject: Is there any way of knowing how much loose skin I'll have   Is there any way of knowing how much loose skin I'll have EmptyTue 31 May 2011, 5:42 am

I've been thinking a lot lately about after the sleeve and when i reach goal.

I'm certain my tummy will need a major tuck, and my boobs have already gone south (damn gravity) so they are on my short list for work to be done.

What is bothering me slightly now though is wondering if there is anyway we can tell what parts our skin will be asborbed back into our bodies, such as my chin?
Does excerise during our weight loss period help tone things back?

I dont expect or want to be perfect after the op and weight loss, healthy and not being ashamed of my size are rewards enough. The rest is vainity on my part for myself.

smiles
amanda
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there any way of knowing how much loose skin I'll have   Is there any way of knowing how much loose skin I'll have Empty

Back to top Go down

Is there any way of knowing how much loose skin I'll have
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: