AuthorMessage
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-11-15

Newbie llooking for advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie llooking for advice   Newbie llooking for advice EmptyThu 19 Jan 2012, 12:43 am

Thanks everyone for all your feed back.

OMG I have taken the final step.

Band out Monday 23rd and an eight week break then the sleeve Yah hoo.

Suzy Blue
Back to top Go down
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female

PostSubject: Re: Newbie llooking for advice   Newbie llooking for advice EmptySun 01 Jan 2012, 9:28 am

Thanks Mandi

Good luck for Surgery

Suzy Blue
Back to top Go down
lulumac
Part of the furniture
lulumac

Female
Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2011-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Newbie llooking for advice   Newbie llooking for advice EmptySun 01 Jan 2012, 9:19 am

Nice job, mandi!

I was sleeved a month ago and am loving the changes it's made to my life. If you like, why don't you come to the Gold Coast meetup this month?

Rgds
Lu
Back to top Go down
mandi5508
Part of the furniture
mandi5508

Female
Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2011-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Newbie llooking for advice   Newbie llooking for advice EmptySun 01 Jan 2012, 8:43 am

Hi Suzy blue, the item number for the gastric sleeve is 30518.
Back to top Go down
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female

PostSubject: Re: Newbie llooking for advice   Newbie llooking for advice EmptySun 01 Jan 2012, 8:01 am

Hi everyone anf thanks for your advise and support.

This is a question that I only thought about today. I used my PHI to get my band done - Is there any Number that I have to quote them, to make sure that I am covered to have the sleeve done.

Suzy Blue
Back to top Go down
bintang
Part of the furniture
bintang

Female
Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2011-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Newbie llooking for advice   Newbie llooking for advice EmptyWed 21 Dec 2011, 7:38 am

Hi Suzie
I have received your PM but just haven't had a chance to respond yet. Will do so ASAP.
Back to top Go down
simplysassy

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Newbie llooking for advice   Newbie llooking for advice EmptyTue 13 Dec 2011, 8:03 am

Hi, I am a total newbie here (in fact this is my first post) and I currently have a band put in by Dr Layani (GC) on Valentines Day 2008 and now want it out of my body!
I have had no fluid in it for over 18mths now and I am still having issues - but I am taking the steps to get it out!
I called the clinic and they explained that the docs fees are billed directly to my fund, and if they get the same anethatist who put it in (not likely I am thinkiing) the will bulk bill that too... so I am only up for the hospital co-payment at the best or the co-payment and the anthetist at the worst case.

HOWEVER that was apart of the deal with Dr Layani when I got the band in & he also preforms the sleeves so I guess he is happy to do it.

I would suggest calling your clinic and asking them straight what you are up for. Talk to the office ladies as they tend to be a lot more sympathetic and usually know more of what patients truely go thru compared to the surgeons. They may also suggest what needs to be said to ensure that your removal is as cheep as possible. *eg emotional distress etc may enable a medicare rebate.

Regarding the sleeve you are up for the entire cost again, however Dr Layani discounts for previous band paitents. So if I decide to go ahead with it I am up for another $6k or so.

I hope you find the information that you need!
Cheers
Sonya :)
Back to top Go down
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female

PostSubject: Re: Newbie llooking for advice   Newbie llooking for advice EmptyWed 07 Dec 2011, 2:48 am

Thanks for all your info guys.

Had a small amount of fill out last week, its really made no diffrence. Spoke to Surgeon about the sleeve, I think he was trying to avoid the Subject. Will be seeing him again in January, so will push the point furher this time. Hate feeling sick, and all the bits and pieces that go with it. The sleeve is looking better and better.

Suzy Blue
Back to top Go down
Firie75
Part of the furniture
Firie75

Female
Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Newbie llooking for advice   Newbie llooking for advice EmptySat 03 Dec 2011, 11:14 pm

Hey Suzie!

When you see your Surgeon, ask about the sleeve anyway. If the band is not helping you eat well or enjoy life in general, then maybe its not for you. We found "Fills" to be someone who sells bands and was actually spreading misinformation on this site in order to redirect people to the band. The admin team have been deleting some of his postings that have been harmful.

Either way, if you decide to continue on with the band, remember that the sleeve will always be an option to you in future if you feel that the band is not serving you well. And of course you will always have fantastic support on this forum.
Back to top Go down
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female

PostSubject: Re: Newbie llooking for advice   Newbie llooking for advice EmptyMon 28 Nov 2011, 10:43 am

Thanks Fills

Have made an appointment to See Dr Greenslades for Adjustment.

Suzy Blue
Back to top Go down
LISSYD
Part of the furniture
LISSYD

Female
Number of posts : 242

PostSubject: Re: Newbie llooking for advice   Newbie llooking for advice EmptyMon 21 Nov 2011, 9:29 am

Hi again Suzy blue

My surgeon was Dr Layani at the John Flynn hospital at Tugan.I too wish I had of been offered the sleeve first but wasn't so spent 4.5 lousy years with the band.Love my sleeve I dob't miss out on any foods I enjoy just in small amounts..But my weight loss is very slow and I can't work out why..I'm just hoping it starts to move soon..January will come quick and I hope you get the answers your after..cheers
Back to top Go down
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female

PostSubject: Re: Newbie llooking for advice   Newbie llooking for advice EmptyMon 21 Nov 2011, 9:12 am

Hi Lissyd

Thanks for the infor on the sleeve. My hubby and I moved to Coombabah, Gold coast 6 months ago. The Surgeon I used is Dr Justin Greenslade, Greenslopes Private. Wont be going to see him to the end of January, but will be asking him if I can have my band out and have a sleeve, I think he is very approachable.

After reading the pros and cons on the sleeve, I really wished I had the sleeve in the first place, but was never told about it. Many peeople on this site have had there band out and seem to be really happy now. I think it will be a better quality of life, much better food choices and a long term Weight loss solution. I am just over the quality of food that I can eat (what quality), gotta be something better!!!!. May I ask who your Surgeon is?

Thanks ago

Suzyblue
Back to top Go down
LISSYD
Part of the furniture
LISSYD

Female
Number of posts : 242

PostSubject: Re: Newbie llooking for advice   Newbie llooking for advice EmptySun 20 Nov 2011, 6:35 am

Hi suzy blue,I too had the band but for 4.5 yrs I had my sleeve 5 weeks ago and it sure beats the band by far..I just went back to my surgeon and said I'm sick of living this life style the band has made me develop,vomitting,food getting stuck,not getting in healthy food etc..he was happy for me to have the sleeve..I didn't have to pay for the band removal just the hospital stay and my anesthetist bulk billed me as I had him when I had the band put in..When I had the sleeve I did have to pay but at a cheaper rate..hope that helps..Mine was done on the goldcoast and I see your from the Goldcoast so can I ask how done your band?
Back to top Go down
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female

PostSubject: Newbie llooking for advice   Newbie llooking for advice EmptySun 20 Nov 2011, 2:12 am

Hi Guys - looking for advice on the sleeve

I was banded 14 months ago lossing 25 kgs, I consider that I have approximately 10- 12 kgs to go and have been on a Platoue for about 3 months. Unfortunately when I went to my Baratric Surgeon there was no discussion whats so ever on the Sleeve. After reading thru this site, I have come to the conclusion that the sleeve would be a better solution allowing me to eat a small quality of good food.

The down fall of the band is like everyone else on this site, is that we live on liquids, yoghurts and mushed up food. My band is reasonably tight, if not I am hungry all the time and want to pig out. Unable to eat the good quality stuff, if I eat any reasonable food, well its off to the loo to ........or the food gets stuck, really nasty.

My question is, if I want to go from band to sleeve to have a healthier life style, is it up to me to pay for the whole surgery again, as I have had no major slips, just dont like the way the band performs.

Love to hear from anybody who has been in the same place.

Unhappy

Sue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie llooking for advice   Newbie llooking for advice Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie llooking for advice
Page 1 of 1