AuthorMessage
jen-e
Sponsor
jen-e

Female
Number of posts : 402
Registration date : 2010-03-02

frustrated newbie looking for advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: frustrated newbie looking for advice   frustrated newbie looking for advice EmptySun 22 Aug 2010, 11:59 am

Sure did.
Dr G was my surgeon too. Also told I didn't have to do opti, but I did for the last 2 weeks as I had gained 7kg while waiting for the sleeve op. It was just so good being able to eat food I hadn't been able to eat with the band. I lost 4kg on opti. Not as much as I hoped but at least it was something.
Hang in there. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
wannabethenewme

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-07-06

PostSubject: Re: frustrated newbie looking for advice   frustrated newbie looking for advice EmptySun 22 Aug 2010, 2:53 am

update...
i went to see Dr Greenslade. omg! how lovely is he?? and seems so young.
anyway, he took my band out and my sleeve is booked for 11th october 2010.
i have 7 weeks left to wait and am panicking. in the 2 weeks since having the band out, i have put on 5 kgs and boy do i feel it. i threw out my fat clothes and i'm worried how much more i will put on in the next 7 weeks. i was told i didn't need to go on optifast but am thinking i will anyway and i'm back at the gym monday. did anyone else have this problem?
Back to top Go down
jen-e
Sponsor
jen-e

Female

PostSubject: Re: frustrated newbie looking for advice   frustrated newbie looking for advice EmptyTue 06 Jul 2010, 2:20 pm

[quote

They say that you are never hungry when you have the sleeve done because they cut the hormone part of the stomach off.

[/quote]

I get hungry as do a lot of sleevers, so dont anticipate not feeling hungry again. However there are also a lot who dont get much hunger and have to remember to eat.
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: frustrated newbie looking for advice   frustrated newbie looking for advice EmptyTue 06 Jul 2010, 6:53 am

I have heard a lot more negatives about the band than I ever have about the sleeve.
Back to top Go down
Bela
Bela

Female
Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2010-03-05

PostSubject: Re: frustrated newbie looking for advice   frustrated newbie looking for advice EmptyTue 06 Jul 2010, 5:55 am

hi

I had the same problem as you with the lap band. It was a nightmare! I had it taken out last yr in November and had never been so happy that I could eat a meal and not throw up! but then my weight started coming back on again. I only lost 26kg on the lap band and it stopped.

So i went back to my doctor and got advice on the sleeve and I came here and have been happy with the replies and support. I am having the sleeve done on the 2nd of August and I am excited. I can't think of a better way to loose weight and effciently.

They say that you are never hungry when you have the sleeve done because they cut the hormone part of the stomach off. They only problem I've ever heard of on here is acid reflux, which You take pills for as soon as you have the operation to make sure you don't get it. And people loose too much wieght and they have to try and put it on, which they find awkward and hard.

So with only those problems - I was happy to trade the lap band for a sleeve.

Lieza Bela
Back to top Go down
wannabethenewme

Female

PostSubject: Re: frustrated newbie looking for advice   frustrated newbie looking for advice EmptyTue 06 Jul 2010, 3:24 am

thanku for ur response. this forum is great and there is so much info thats really helpful. is the sleeve really that great. there are more happy stories than bad which is good to read but i just don't want to be blind to the cons.
Back to top Go down
jen-e
Sponsor
jen-e

Female

PostSubject: Re: frustrated newbie looking for advice   frustrated newbie looking for advice EmptyTue 06 Jul 2010, 3:11 am

One word....yes.
There are quite a few of us here who have had a band & now have a sleeve. Look through all the posts & you will find ones asking the same as you.
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: frustrated newbie looking for advice   frustrated newbie looking for advice EmptyTue 06 Jul 2010, 3:10 am

Hi WBTNM,

Welcome to the site. I can't give you an answer as I haven't had a band. But I have had a sleeve and am very happy with the results so far.

Have a good read around the site and you will find lots of members who have switched from a band to a sleeve, and off the top of my head I can't remember hearing any of them regreting it.

Good luck with your decision - Carrie
Back to top Go down
wannabethenewme

Female

PostSubject: frustrated newbie looking for advice   frustrated newbie looking for advice EmptyTue 06 Jul 2010, 3:00 am

hi there, i have a lapband and am looking into the sleeve procedure. i have noticed that many people on here have had the band removed and the sleeve done. are u happier with the sleeve?
my band is frustrating because i can't find a balance. it was put in oct 2008. i lost 26kgs by aug09 and haven't lost any more since. doesn't matter what i try, no more will shift. i still throw up and am limited to what 'good' food i can eat. i can't live my life going back and forth with fills and empties. fluid put in = reflux and coughing non stop. fluid taken out = eating more. can't win. do u think the sleeve will be any better for me?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: frustrated newbie looking for advice   frustrated newbie looking for advice Empty

Back to top Go down

frustrated newbie looking for advice
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about You! :: From Band To Sleeve-
Jump to: