Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hi from scared newbie!! Advice please!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
scaredmum

Female
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2013-08-27

Hi from scared newbie!! Advice please!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from scared newbie!! Advice please!!!   Hi from scared newbie!! Advice please!!! EmptyTue 10 Sep 2013, 10:49 pm

If you go over to the monthly page for September there is another guy Adam who got done by Dr Kuzinokovas yesterday and he said he was walking around already yesterday afternoon, that is a great outcome..but good luck with your appointment....

I have no doubt in Dr K although I hate him for making me do the shakes lol but all or most Dr's do hahaha
Back to top Go down
Micha70

Female
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2013-09-06

PostSubject: Thanks!   Hi from scared newbie!! Advice please!!! EmptyTue 10 Sep 2013, 1:59 pm

Thanks Smurfette and scared mum for the replies!

I've had a productive day!! I scored an appointment with Dr Kuzinkovas for this Friday!! I was a bit worried that I got in so quickly but I was told there was a cancellation...

I also got an appointment with Dr Durmesh and Dr Martin, though they aren't till October/November (respectively...) I'll see Dr K and see how I go, can always cancel the other appointments.

I've been reading and reading on here and elsewhere and have only found good reviews about all 3 surgeons...

Guess this is the start of the journey!! 

Thanks again for your replies...kiss
Back to top Go down
Smurfette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Smurfette

Female
Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2010-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Hi from scared newbie!! Advice please!!!   Hi from scared newbie!! Advice please!!! EmptyMon 09 Sep 2013, 9:33 pm

Hi there Try this link to the page where some surgeons are spoken about (there are pages of them) you can also do a Search and sometimes find what you need.

http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/f18-the-surgeons

The first surgeon I went to I was comfortable with; so went with him.

All the best
Back to top Go down
scaredmum

Female
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2013-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Hi from scared newbie!! Advice please!!!   Hi from scared newbie!! Advice please!!! EmptyMon 09 Sep 2013, 2:43 pm

Hi Michelle,

I also am from SW and I am booked in for my sleeve on the 20/09/13. 

I have chosen DR Kuzinkovas to do mine as I have heard and read wonderful things but also know someone who has used him and I have seen her results. 

You have to go with who you are most comfortable with but to be honest I researched and researched and in the end not made 1 appointment with Dr K and made the booking on the spot. 

There are plenty of surgeons out there but then again I suppose it also comes down to price and do you have health insurance. 

Good luck with the surcharge of finding a surgeon.
Back to top Go down
Micha70

Female
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2013-09-06

PostSubject: Hi from scared newbie!! Advice please!!!   Hi from scared newbie!! Advice please!!! EmptyMon 09 Sep 2013, 1:14 pm

Long time lurker, finally joined and now posting...

I'm at the "I think it's finally time I do this thing" stage!!

FIRST question (of many, I'm sure!!)...

HOW do you go about choosing a surgeon?  I'm the sort of person who can over-research something to death... but I'd really like to get the process underway!

I'm in SW Sydney and I've had 3 friends now get sleeved (and love it, and look and feel fabulous!)... 2 friends went with one surgeon, the 3rd friend was with another surgeon...
HOW did you go about choosing?

I couldn't find a section on here where you can see 'reviews' on doctors - or is there one and I've missed it?? 
I really don't want to go traipsing from doctor to doctor, wasting money and TIME.... I think I just want to get on with it now!!!

Oh, and I forgot to say HI... I'm Michelle! Hi from scared newbie!! Advice please!!! 65317
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi from scared newbie!! Advice please!!!   Hi from scared newbie!! Advice please!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi from scared newbie!! Advice please!!!
Page 1 of 1