Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
debrobdan

Female
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2012-07-16

Excited and Scared Newbie here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Excited and Scared Newbie here.   Excited and Scared Newbie here. EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013, 12:57 am

Hi Guys

I am 4 months post sleeve and have lost 34kg .It takes time to ajust but once you know what you can eat you do feel good and satisfied with what you eat.I cant look at meat I get a funny feeling in my stomach even thinking about it but thats just me I like to eat fish and prawns but nothing cooked in too much oil Im hooked on fruit at the moment and youghrt . I go out for dinner once a week with my son and I order what I like if it does not agree ewith me I take a doggy bag home and give it to my husband.I still like to do these things as I did before so dont be scared everything will change and you wont be able to go out you just have to adjust .So to all you newbies just go for it its the best thing watching the kilos drop off and good luck
Back to top Go down
Nrmk
Nrmk

Female
Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Hello   Excited and Scared Newbie here. EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013, 12:51 pm

Hello ppl,
It's nice to hear other ppl voice their concerns. Is anyone worried that since its permanent they might regret it?

Has anyone had to remind themselves that this is not a magic 'pill' & they are not going to wake up skinny? I have had to remind myself that this is just a tool to assisting me to the new me. Ok yes I'm weird. Have been for a long time.

I like the lady who's journey's called less dangerous curves.
Back to top Go down
Gettingthere

Female
Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2012-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Excited and Scared Newbie here.   Excited and Scared Newbie here. EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013, 7:32 am

HI Kell and Kel,

I too used to have a band and I was sleeved on the 15th October 2012. I have lost 28kgs in the 3 months but have now slowed to around 1 kg per week loss. My only advice will be to be 100% sure that this is the option for you. It isn't reversable like the band and if things do go wrong, there are seriouse health implications. Not trying to scare you, but just to help you weigh up pros and cons, we all went through it before deciding if the sleeve was right for us.

With eating out, it is sooo different than the band. It's a natural fullness, you just do not want to eat anymore. You feel physically full and satisfied and the deisre to keep eating dissapears. That how it feels for me, it was really surprising for me the first time it happend.

There is no pain when you eat, after the band; I'm sure you have the habbit of eating small bites and chewing your food really well but there will be if you overeat. I have only had this once and that was enough for me! I learnt to listen to my body and stop eating when it's full.

Any questions just ask, oh and welcome :o)
Back to top Go down
kell_1980
kell_1980

Female
Number of posts : 66

PostSubject: Re: Excited and Scared Newbie here.   Excited and Scared Newbie here. EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013, 11:58 pm

Thank you :)

Its nice to know im not alone....

Good luck too :)
Back to top Go down
kelmarmug
kelmarmug

Female
Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2013-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Excited and Scared Newbie here.   Excited and Scared Newbie here. EmptySun 20 Jan 2013, 10:26 am

Hi there,

I am Kel and 34 from the Gold Coast. My huuby and I are getting done this year. My friends are mostly thin also. I am excited and scared all at the same time. My hubby is hopefully getting done in June and me in August (Our PHI is 12 months up in June).... I have always struggled with my weight and sick of being BIG.... My hubby was thin until he became a truckie 15 years ago. So when is your surgery??? This is a great support network and I am catching up with a group of people from here in a few weeks. Seek out support groups on this site. Everyone is really helpful. I have only been a member for a week.

Good Luck
Back to top Go down
kell_1980
kell_1980

Female
Number of posts : 66

PostSubject: Excited and Scared Newbie here.   Excited and Scared Newbie here. EmptySun 20 Jan 2013, 8:44 am

Excited and Scared Newbie here. 473426

I thought that i should introduce myself so i can please get some much needed advice :)

Im Kellie 32yrs from Australia.

I had the lap band done almost 3 years ago and although it worked a little, I still have 40-50kgs to loose. The lap band was taken out in Sept 2012. I have now made the decision to have the gastric sleeve done next month. Ive been overweight since 13 and i dont want to be a size 22-24 by the time im 40.

I really hate the term morbidly obese, but this is what i am. It took quite some time for me to come to this reality as i still can walk stairs, fit in aeroplane seats etc.

Of course most of my friends are slim and the ones who are overweight and dont want to have surgery really discourage me having it. Saying i should loose it the natural way etc.

Im scared that it wont work properly like the lap band & ill only loose 1kg a week, that i wont be able to enjoy food again. That i wont be able to go out to restaurants and that the pain will be unbearable. Am i being silly?

I hope people here can please put my mind at ease.

Thanks for listening :)

Kell xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Excited and Scared Newbie here.   Excited and Scared Newbie here. Empty

Back to top Go down

Excited and Scared Newbie here.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: