5 posters
AuthorMessage
GeorgieCostanzo
GeorgieCostanzo

Female
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2012-05-15

Another young scared newbie here... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another young scared newbie here...   Another young scared newbie here... EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013, 5:07 am

Hi moongoddess,
20yo sleever here. Currently weighing 103.7kg down from 155kg. Over a 50kg loss since my sleeve in June. Im also 6ft tall.
Let me tell you. This is the best decision you will ever ever ever ever ever make. Ever.
You won't even know yourself in six month, i promise you once you learn the ins and outs of having a sleeve you will be as happy as i am.
Oh and beware of all the male attention!!!!! It com thick and fast haha. :)
Anything you want or need to know. Contact Me. Seriously i can and will answer all of your questions!
Love Gee.
Back to top Go down
Chongololo
Part of the furniture
Chongololo

Female
Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2013-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Another young scared newbie here...   Another young scared newbie here... EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013, 1:52 am

YAY Congrats, Moongoddess!

Good on you, I wish I had been do proactive when I was your age - guess this stuff wasn't around then, though.
I hope that a sleeve will help me with my PCOS and awry hormones, I have been lucky so far, only just starting to have issues with bp, a sleeve should fix that problem, I know when I am 20kg lighter my bp is in the healthy range.

Enjoy the ride!

cheers, L.
Back to top Go down
moongoddess
moongoddess

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2013-01-22

PostSubject: Its happening...   Another young scared newbie here... EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013, 7:52 am

got a date for my sleeve... the big day is 8th of March... :) scared but also excited
Back to top Go down
feathers
feathers

Female
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2013-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Another young scared newbie here...   Another young scared newbie here... EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013, 7:33 am

Another young scared newbie here... 217555

Hi Felicia

well, I'm just new to this forum, having been recommended to go here by my gastric band doctor.

I had my band put in in August 2008 and I will be having it removed next month. It has slipped. Over the past couple of years it has caused me a lot of vomiting and a great deal of pain. I initially went from 112kg to 94kg but then bounced back to 104kg. I am currently 100kg. Not. Happy. Jan.

After discussing things with my doctor, I find that the band is unreliable. His experience (working with hundreds of patients) is that the band is around 60% effective, but he has found the sleeve to be 100% effective. He has worked on about 200 sleeves in the past 2 years.

I am hoping to have a sleeve later this year. It will take some time for my stomach to heal up after the band removal.

I hope this helps you a little bit with your decision.

take care
amanda
Back to top Go down
Nrmk
Nrmk

Female
Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Hello    Another young scared newbie here... EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013, 12:26 pm

Hi Felicia,

I thought I'd drop in and say hello to help cheer you up!

My name is Rose I am a 34 yo mum of 1 or you could say 2 if you count my hubby. Lol. I am currently 107kg and have struggled with my weight since I can remember. I've had good success loosing the weight in the past but never been able to keep it off or get down to my goal weight. I met a lady less than a week ago who told me she had the gastic sleeve done and has had great success. (I have met ppl previously whom have had it done but never thought about having the surgery done for myself until now). So the other night I woke up for my baby about 1am and sat up and googled it and made my decision then to do something about it!

I'm not just doing this for my VERY deserving husband and as an example for my daughter but for ME! As I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes with my pregnancy and because of my weight I was forced to be induced early due to the risks to the baby. I am DETERMINED to have a normal low risk pregnancy next time. I can't believe how much I want that but I want it bad, real bad. I also want to skip on the diabetes in later life that my mum, & 2 Gramas have/had.

So I've got my referral and today I made my initial appointment. I have to admit I was very very disappointed when I realised i am going to have to wait 6weeks. But I have to think positive a friend who's husband had the same procedure done over a year ago happened to have the same Dr & has told me I should start on the optifast diet now to get a head start. To give myself a chance at a sooner op date. Now I'm trying to find out how long everyone's been told to go on the diet for.

So do you have an op date? What's your story? I'd love to hear it. Feel free to pm me. I hope your not feeling to alone cos this forum is full of normal people with a bit of extra love to give away!
Back to top Go down
moongoddess
moongoddess

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2013-01-22

PostSubject: Another young scared newbie here...   Another young scared newbie here... EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013, 11:34 am

Hi guys,

im 21 years old and about 120 kgs, tomorrow is my second appointment
with the surgeon, he wants me to choose which i want the band or sleeve,
i want to steer clear of the band. everyone’s advice and stories have
been wonderful to read to help me prepare, my reasons for surgery aren’t
just weight either, i have high blood pressure and am on blood pressure
tablets, since i was in stroke range…. i have some sleep apnea and have
had lots of period problems.. writing this makes me want to cry, but
also re-convinces me im making the right choice…

i would really love to chat and hear from some other people in my age range... or people that can relate.. or really just people in general :)

Felicia.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another young scared newbie here...   Another young scared newbie here... Empty

Back to top Go down

Another young scared newbie here...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: