spoggy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2479
Registration date : 2010-10-01

Newbie and Scared! Empty
PostSubject: spoggy   Newbie and Scared! EmptySat 01 Sep 2012, 1:14 pm

Good luck for monday.I was sleeved nearly two years ago and felt exactly like you. I have lost 50kg lost my diabetes and high bp.

I was scared and excited at the same time. The forum on here so valuable and supportive. Any questions don't hestitate to ask. If I can't answer someone else maybe able to.

Congratulations on being proactive about your health. You won't regret it!
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin3

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-08-12

Newbie and Scared! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie and Scared!   Newbie and Scared! EmptySat 01 Sep 2012, 10:28 am

Thank you everyone for your support!

Last minute nerves and morning my old life.

I am seeing Dr Taylor at the Mater Hospital and then have booked accommodation in Ryde to be close to Concord Hospital incase of any emergency's. Touch wood.

I can't wait for this journey to start. I have my portion perfection plate and bowl ready to go!!!
x

Start Weight: 108.5kg

Back to top Go down
Liz
Part of the furniture
Liz

Female
Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2012-06-28

Newbie and Scared! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie and Scared!   Newbie and Scared! EmptySat 01 Sep 2012, 8:21 am

Hi Pumpkin3 and welcome to the forum. All the feelings you are having are quite normal and I am sure that all or most of us are going through Or went through what you are going through.
I was sleeved on 17th August and before I had the surgery I kept thinking about what i would not be able to eat and how my social life was going to change. And then I would tell myself if I did not have this surgery I would probably not live a long life due to my obesity and associated high blood pressure and high cholesterol and then things came back into perspective. I did lots of research and asked lots of questions and the truth is once the healing is all done we are able to eat most things but just in a lot smaller quantities.
Also I can imagine how hard it will be to be away from your children.
Stat strong and stay positive and remember the reasons for the decisions you have made and know that it should give you a longer and healthier life.
Good luck on your journey.
Liz :)))
Back to top Go down
kak1022
kak1022

Female
Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2012-06-19

Newbie and Scared! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie and Scared!   Newbie and Scared! EmptySat 01 Sep 2012, 7:21 am

Hi Pumpkin3, welcome to the forum, i love it. Even though i dont post very much i am always reading and know if i need support or there is a question to be answered i know i can get from here.

I know how you feel about the kids, i have a 5yr Boy & 7yr girl. I think its going to be us that have the anxiety more of being away from them, then them being away from us lol.

Who is doing your surgery? is it Dr Taylor from the Oclinic that's who my surgeon is. My date is the 17 October cant wait for it to be done.

Best wishes and good luck on Monday not that your gonna need it.

Kristie
Back to top Go down
Nutbags
Part of the furniture
Nutbags

Female
Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2011-06-23

Newbie and Scared! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie and Scared!   Newbie and Scared! EmptySat 01 Sep 2012, 6:00 am

Hi Pumpkin3

Welcome to the site. Can't give you much on the sleeve, as I am still waiting. I have however lived with a band (actually 2) over the last 8 years. Had great success with the first one ... so can say that it does take a bit of adjustment, but it is an amazing feeling to be full after a small portion of food.

Good luck with your journey, I look forward to hearing how you go.
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin3

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-08-12

Newbie and Scared! Empty
PostSubject: Newbie and Scared!   Newbie and Scared! EmptySat 01 Sep 2012, 5:14 am

Hello, my first post!

I'm getting sleeved in 2 Days!!! On Monday morning in Sydney. Getting really nervous now.

Thinking about having to stay away from my kids (3 boys under 6yrs) for 2 weeks! It's going to be so hard.

Today I've been thinking about food all day and I can never eat the same again. I know It's the right choice to have this surgery and I need to change! Did anybody else have doubts just before?? Argh. I know I should be pumped up!
x

Hello

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Newbie and Scared! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie and Scared!   Newbie and Scared! Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie and Scared!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: