Part of the furniture
Samantha

Female
Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2010-08-27

4 days post op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 days post op   4 days post op EmptySat 12 Nov 2011, 10:13 pm

Hi Erin,

Cant help on the lactose side but fluids in general i really struggled with in early stages. i had to constantly sip. I really didnt feel like it but i struggled to get the 800 min in everyday. The fear of taking a big mouthful, i used a straw to help with that. but it really was a sip sip sip most of the day because i really couldnt fit much in at a time. It took me quite i while to build up to the 1ltr, my husband had no issues with this. i had to take a bottle with me everywhere because if i went a few hours without a drink i had no chance of "catching up" on that time id missed.

Good luck
Back to top Go down
crisalida
crisalida

Female
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2011-10-21

4 days post op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 days post op   4 days post op EmptySat 12 Nov 2011, 3:23 pm

I have the same trouble. The best way for me was to take these: http://www.nutritionwarehouse.com.au/new-whey-liquid-protein-by-ids-sports-pr-1124.html They come in a whole range of flavours and are only 100mls so easier to consume. They are water based, not milky based and contain 42grams of protein.
Back to top Go down
Ajbaby
Ajbaby

Female
Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2011-08-30

4 days post op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 days post op   4 days post op EmptySat 12 Nov 2011, 1:05 pm

Hi Erin,

I am almost 28 days out and felt the way you did. I sipped about 50ml every 15minutes or so but it took ages to get the amount up. It is perseverance and patience in the first few weeks. Good luck, i hope things improve. Do you have a dietician who has advised options?
Back to top Go down
Eringirl
Part of the furniture
Eringirl

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2011-06-05

4 days post op Empty
PostSubject: 4 days post op   4 days post op EmptySat 12 Nov 2011, 8:35 am

hi folks

im 4 days out of surgery and am struggling with my fluid count and protein count. i know its only early days but any helps or hints would be so greatfully read. i have lactose issues, so i am unclear as to how to get my protein shake thing in especially when can only have what seems like tiny amounts.

at the moment i can only drink about 120 ml in one sitting before i start to feel a bit like i cant have anymore.

any help or advice most appreciated.

thanks you all
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

4 days post op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4 days post op   4 days post op Empty

Back to top Go down

4 days post op
Page 1 of 1