7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jedda

Female
Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2013-05-05

5 days Post Op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 days Post Op   5 days Post Op EmptyMon 16 Sep 2013, 12:41 am

Hey Nikki77, I am 4 1/2 months post sleeve. I think I'm going to have to walk around with a water bottle soon though because its going to be too hot for coffee and tea soon. I tried water again last night but just took really small sips so I think if I can keep doing that I might be able to drink more fluid. I have a thing for cyclone lemonade ice blocks too atm. They are just so good.
Back to top Go down

5 days Post Op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 days Post Op   5 days Post Op EmptySun 15 Sep 2013, 11:44 am

Thanks Jodes, that's what I have ended up doing as well.  I drink as much as I can without pushing my body too far and I am managing just under a litre at the moment for food/drink! Hopefully I will gradually get there and am just lucky it's not super hot yet and am sweating like a pig as that will be more fluid I will have to replace. 

How far along are you Jodes?

Hey Emmybell, how are you faring?
Back to top Go down
Jedda

Female
Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2013-05-05

5 days Post Op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 days Post Op   5 days Post Op EmptySun 15 Sep 2013, 10:47 am

I still have trouvé drinking water and would be lucky to drink 600ml a day. I try and have a coffee or cup of tea every day and a glass of v8 juice if I can. I know it's not alot, but water is still hard to drink and I hate cordial. I feel fine though, dizzy sometimes but nothing serious. In the first week or 2 they told me how much I had to drink aswell and I was worried because I couldn't drink anywhere eat that amount so in the end I just ignored it and drank what I could, I just listened to my body
Back to top Go down
maxywaxy1948
maxywaxy1948

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2013-09-07

5 days Post Op Empty
PostSubject: 5 days post op   5 days Post Op EmptyThu 12 Sep 2013, 9:56 am

Hope  you feel better soon emmybell xxx
Back to top Go down
Bailey1275

Female
Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2013-02-22

5 days Post Op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 days Post Op   5 days Post Op EmptyThu 12 Sep 2013, 1:54 am

emmybell 83 - I struggled for about 7 weeks - I initially felt nauseous, suffered headaches which progressed to vomitting constantly and eventually started vomitting up blood.  I never progressed past the liquid stage during this time and struggled to drink 500ml of liquid a day.

It turns out I had major acid reflux - having never suffered from it before I had no idea what the signs were.

Try taking some Gaviscon tablets (chewable) to see if this makes any difference ... otherwise take to your doctor about Nexium.  I was initially put on 40mg of Nexium three times a day and found I still needed Gaviscon to get through the day - today I only take the Nexium maybe once or twice a week.
Back to top Go down
emmybell83

Female
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2013-02-14

5 days Post Op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 days Post Op   5 days Post Op EmptyThu 12 Sep 2013, 12:10 am

Hi all,
I am three weeks post op now and struggled terribly in the first week or two to get enough fluids in even now I am struggling. Ended up with massive headaches from being dehydrated. Its hard but just do the best you can and sip all day - the fluid thing does get easier as time goes on even at week three im finding it slightly easier - however now I am feeling nauseous all the time and struggling to eat anything at all....im sure it will get better - i hope :/. Now am just living on water iceblocks for the time being.
Back to top Go down
maxywaxy1948
maxywaxy1948

Female

5 days Post Op Empty
PostSubject: 5days post op   5 days Post Op EmptyWed 11 Sep 2013, 1:06 am

Hi Nikki, I'm so glad you are feeling better today and well done with the double digits
By the way how do you get the ticker on here, I'm on an ipad

Have a GREAT day
Maxine
Back to top Go down

5 days Post Op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 days Post Op   5 days Post Op EmptyTue 10 Sep 2013, 11:14 pm

Thanks everyone, think it must have been my post op blues day yesterday as was teary on and off all day.

Today is definitely a new day and I have hit double digits! 99.7kg this morning.  My body must have known I needed a pick me up and decided to drop those 600g to bring me under!

I slept with a few pillows propped up and although I didn't get much sleep, I didn't suffer from reflux as bad as the night before!
Back to top Go down
maxywaxy1948
maxywaxy1948

Female

5 days Post Op Empty
PostSubject: 5 days post op   5 days Post Op EmptyTue 10 Sep 2013, 12:49 pm

Hi Nikki, I'm a week tomorrow since I got my sleeve.  It's all very confusing I reckon at the beginning,I'm battling to have all the fluids but I feel great, so I'm not pushing it.
I found out when the nurse rang me that I was not having enough, so today I managed more.  Also the hospital told me to keep my waterproof dressings on until I go back and the nurse nearly had a fit, so they came off last night.
I hope tomorrow is a better day
Maxine xxx
Back to top Go down
Rocloc

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2013-04-24

5 days Post Op Empty
PostSubject: Keep going   5 days Post Op EmptyTue 10 Sep 2013, 12:20 pm

I'm currently in week four, trust me it does get better, each day I feel a bit more in control, I also had bad reflux on my first night home, now i'm just starting to try some "normal" foods, what I did find was that my taste buds have changed, flavors taste different which takes a bit of getting used to, but I'm sure we will all get to where we want to be in the end, good luck
Back to top Go down

5 days Post Op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 days Post Op   5 days Post Op EmptyTue 10 Sep 2013, 12:09 pm

Thanks Angel, it's nice to hear it from other people that have gone through it.  I have just managed to take 3 tablets and there was hardly any pain so already feel a little better from earlier today.

Was just having a really rough day:(

Thanks for your support!
Back to top Go down
Angel_Est1982
Part of the furniture
Angel_Est1982

Female
Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2013-05-21

5 days Post Op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 days Post Op   5 days Post Op EmptyTue 10 Sep 2013, 12:05 pm

I struggled with drinking water for a while after my surgery. Even now (4 months later) I only get about 1200mls of water a day.

I got told to drink 30minutes before and after each meal (Even when on liquids to get into the habit) and it seems to work.

About a week after my op, I wondered what the hell I had done. I thought I would never be able to eat/drink properly again and felt very sorry for myself. I was barely able to drink 600mls in total for the day and wish I hadn't done the op. The next day, I felt much better and knew I'd made the right choice.

You'll have your ups and downs but keep your goals in sight and know you've done this for all the right reasons.

Good luck with it all :)
Back to top Go down

5 days Post Op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 days Post Op   5 days Post Op EmptyTue 10 Sep 2013, 9:14 am

Thank you Kas....it was just what I needed.  It's nice to know that someone has been here, survived and better still, has faint memories of these early days!

Just had a very teary day but tomorrow is a new day (and hopefully better!)

Many thanks for helping a newbie on a hard day.

kiss
Back to top Go down
Kas
Part of the furniture
Kas

Female
Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2012-09-01

5 days Post Op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 days Post Op   5 days Post Op EmptyTue 10 Sep 2013, 7:38 am

Nikki

You sound like your doing pretty good to me!!!

I can't believe they want that much in at 7days! Wow. Keep plodding as you are cause you sound normal too me!!

I had reflux aswell but mine was well controlled with meds, it's very early days, so do what works! The nausea and reflux will settle, your tum is still swollen at this stage.

Promise it will get better, we all had those days, today is yours!!

I'm now almost 12mths post op and find it hard to remember all the bits that happened! That will soon be you aswell! Promise

You already have the best advice, take one day at a time, prop yourself up to help reflux and lastly, listen to your body, which it sounds like you already are!! Your going to fly through :-)

Kas
Back to top Go down

5 days Post Op Empty
PostSubject: 5 days Post Op   5 days Post Op EmptyTue 10 Sep 2013, 7:22 am

So, I just wanted to hear from people about their first week post op. Today is day 5 for me and I was released from hospital yesterday feeling fantastic and pumped about continuing my journey from home.

Last night I struggled to sleep and eventually woke around 3am and had to sit upright on the couch as the reflux was unbearable (I am already taking Nexium 40mg twice a day). I managed to have 500ml all up that day and think I cried between 3am to 5am thinking what have I done.

I felt pressure as my dietician gave me some notes that I should be having at least 2lt a day and by the end of day 7, finishing 200ml in one go.  Today I had 125ml apple juice and that took me an hour and I thought I was doing well.  I struggle with water as it seems to fall to the bottom of my tummy. Today so far (4pm) I have managed 300ml (that includes my food) as I have had a sleep in between there and for my reflux to be better, it seems I need to stop drinking an hour before I lay down.

I ended up ringing my doc's assistant and she assured me that things will get better and I just need to take one day at a time and helped me with propping myself up with a couple of pillows to help with the reflux.

I'm not sure what I'm after...maybe hearing from other sleevers who have been here and reassurance.  Any hints on my nausea and reflux??? Am I just on a post op blues day??

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Cheers, Nikki!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

5 days Post Op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 days Post Op   5 days Post Op Empty

Back to top Go down

5 days Post Op
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: