Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

what did it feel like for you? & When to stop?

Go down 
+6
concertina789
Janette
*Lib*
sandy_lou
Countrygirl
Diamonds
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Qured

Female
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-07-08

what did it feel like for you? & When to stop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what did it feel like for you? & When to stop?   what did it feel like for you? & When to stop? EmptySun 08 Aug 2010, 10:08 am

Keridwyn, are you hungry though??
Back to top Go down
Keridwyn
Part of the furniture
Keridwyn

Female
Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2009-05-03

PostSubject: Re: what did it feel like for you? & When to stop?   what did it feel like for you? & When to stop? EmptyWed 14 Jul 2010, 11:13 pm

I have close to no full signal (I may get shoulder tip tightness some time later is all really). Never had pre-op and still don't sadly at one year post op.

Only thing that works for me is portion control.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: what did it feel like for you? & When to stop?   what did it feel like for you? & When to stop? EmptyWed 14 Jul 2010, 10:55 pm

I agree with Caz, 3 days out you should be on liquids only.
Gurgling is normal.
I followed the diet given to me by my dietician for the first 6 weeks post surgery.
I pretty much stuck to the foods and amounts she recommended.
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: what did it feel like for you? & When to stop?   what did it feel like for you? & When to stop? EmptyWed 14 Jul 2010, 10:47 pm

At 3 days post your stomach is still healing. Gurgling is totally normal, and yoghurt feeling nice is normal too - but just remember you should be on a liquid diet, so drinking yoghurt is probably better at this stage.

What did your dietician say you could be eating now. At that stage for me it was anything that could be sucked through a straw.
Back to top Go down
ms. marquetta
ms. marquetta

Female
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2010-05-31

PostSubject: Re: what did it feel like for you? & When to stop?   what did it feel like for you? & When to stop? EmptyWed 14 Jul 2010, 4:05 pm

I know when I am full because I will get the hiccup’s. If I start hiccupping and continue to eat my stomach starts to cramp, I get all sweaty, fatigued and/ or vomit. Therefore when I get my first hiccup I stop eating.
Back to top Go down
concertina789

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-07-02

PostSubject: 3 days post op   what did it feel like for you? & When to stop? EmptyFri 09 Jul 2010, 10:08 am

hi,
I am 3 days post and very unsure about so much. A mouthful of water and i can feel it gurgle in my tummy. Is that good or bad? Had a small taste of hubby's yogurt ang it went down a treat again good or bad?

any ideas??

Concertina
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: what did it feel like for you? & When to stop?   what did it feel like for you? & When to stop? EmptyThu 08 Jul 2010, 10:48 pm

I know when I am full, I just feel stuffed like I have eaten a xmas dinner...... Boggled
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: what did it feel like for you? & When to stop?   what did it feel like for you? & When to stop? EmptyThu 08 Jul 2010, 11:51 am

Some people have full signs, I have heard of runny noses and hicups or slight pain or tightness in the chest. I still don't know when I am full, but I sure as hell know when I've over done it!
Back to top Go down
sandy_lou
Part of the furniture
sandy_lou

Female
Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2010-02-15

PostSubject: Re: what did it feel like for you? & When to stop?   what did it feel like for you? & When to stop? EmptyThu 08 Jul 2010, 9:54 am

I'm a massive taste tester, that was part of my problem and sometimes I would have to cook more because I'd "tasted" two thirds of it. I try and just touch meals to my tongue to test as I know I won't be able to fit dinner in if I taste too much. I haven't found the stop signal, last night I had salmon, lovely expensive, ate the whole thing and spent the next two hours feverish, cramped up in bed and giddy. Tonight I just had one chicken kebab (on a stick) and a couple of peas (I'm craving peas all the time, it's weird) and I feel comfortable. This is the first time I've felt comfortable after dinner. So my post is no help, just saying that I have no idea ....yet!
Back to top Go down
http://gastricsleevesandy.blogspot.com/
Countrygirl
Part of the furniture
Countrygirl

Female
Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: what did it feel like for you? & When to stop?   what did it feel like for you? & When to stop? EmptyThu 08 Jul 2010, 7:39 am

Sometimes the yuk feeling can be put down to food not agreeing with you. Spag Bog was one that I could eat one day and not the next in the early stages. I think it depended on how fatty the mince was.

I always say that just because something doesn't agree with you early on, don't let it stop you from having it another time. Unless its something bad like chocolate and its probably a good thing that it tastes yuk. Somethings I couldn't eat early on are fine now. In fact there is nothing really, other than sometimes fruit, that makes me feel yuk or weird.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what did it feel like for you? & When to stop?   what did it feel like for you? & When to stop? Empty

Back to top Go down

what did it feel like for you? & When to stop?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: