Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
stealthy cat

Female
Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2014-12-19

Ate to much 10 days post op! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ate to much 10 days post op!   Ate to much 10 days post op! EmptySat 21 Feb 2015, 11:12 am

Rose I think it is amazing that you are back at work so quickly post op. I think it very normal to feel tired upon return to work. I just returned this week - 4 weeks post op. 

I think it poor form for your surgeon to not return your phone call.  Ate to much 10 days post op! 595690

I drank too fast a few times in the liquid phase and felt ill but was not sick. I hope your surgeon gets back to you Monday and everything goes well.
Back to top Go down
Ellio17
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 574
Registration date : 2014-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Ate to much 10 days post op!   Ate to much 10 days post op! EmptySat 21 Feb 2015, 1:21 am

when i was sleeved, i couldnt get over how much pain i didnt have, considering it was such a huge operation i had... hardly any pain at all.. have had many operations over the years and none had such a quick recovery. you probably the same, but remember its not even 2 weeks, since your major surgery, so tiredness is to be expected.
when i had my 1st app after my op, it was only 2 weeks after, and just before my appointment i had nearly a full serve of pumpkin soup, like at least a cup and i was so surprised i could eat that much, so when i saw . my dr i said this to him. he said the soup is just liquid and will just slide on thru.. no harm done and as long as i dont make a habit i would be fine. which i was and still am...
try and rest up over the weekend. and try not to overthink things. you will be fine...
Back to top Go down
Rose76

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2015-02-03

PostSubject: Did not call back   Ate to much 10 days post op! EmptySat 21 Feb 2015, 12:56 am

unfortunatley my surgeon did not call me back and it's now the week end....not very impressed

I don't seem to be getting sick but am still in a bit of discomfort and very tired but I assume 2 big days at work only 10 days out can do that?

Thanks again 
Will just have to ride it out
Back to top Go down
Ellio17
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 574
Registration date : 2014-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Ate to much 10 days post op!   Ate to much 10 days post op! EmptyFri 20 Feb 2015, 5:19 am

Hi Rose,
try not to worry,
You did the right thing by calling your surgeon.
In my humble opinion, I don't think that you would have caused any damage. It was only liquid, and that tends to just flow thru.
I had my 1st slimey experience last night, 29 weeks after my surgery. I ate too much and had 3 glasses of wine with my meal... I could feel my sorbet, just sitting at the bottom of my throat, then my mouth went all watery as it does before normal vomit.... Nothing normal in a slimey ... it was just like a little burp and up it came, and did actually look like slime.. straight away the pain went and I felt great again... Was weird.
Every ones body is different.

Don't be too hard on yourself, as it is still very early days for you. Its just  once off, and now you are aware, I'm sure you wont allow yourself to do it again...

Life is great!
Back to top Go down
Rose76

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2015-02-03

PostSubject: Ate to much 10 days post op!   Ate to much 10 days post op! EmptyFri 20 Feb 2015, 4:47 am

ok so I may have done something really stupid
I have left aesaage for my surgeon to call me but she has not called me yet

I returned to work yesterday and probably dos not drink or eat enough
When I got home I was very thirsty and hungry
So I drank about a cup of water very quickly
Then had a cream of chicken soup made with water and skim milk
It was quite thin but I ate it quickly and probably had a lot more than a cup ful

A few min later I became very unwell Nd had to Wal around the house then had to lye down for about half an hour
I felt like vomiting but I did not vomit

Today I am fine, back at work and being a lot more careful about my fluids

Could I have caused a leak doing this so soon after survey
I am so worried and feel like such a failure
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ate to much 10 days post op!   Ate to much 10 days post op! Empty

Back to top Go down

Ate to much 10 days post op!
Page 1 of 1