Legalchik82
Legalchik82

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-08-25

8 days post op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 days post op   8 days post op EmptyThu 29 Aug 2013, 9:16 am

Hi Swift788

I am terrified of stretching my sleeve as well :) and that I won't lose much weight. I need to get back to work I think.  Too much time on my hands   

Cheers
Back to top Go down
swift788
swift788

Female
Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2013-04-14

8 days post op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 days post op   8 days post op EmptyWed 28 Aug 2013, 2:32 pm

Hey Legalchik,

I'm not doing too bad at the moment. Still on blood thinning med, doctor at the hospital said I need to take it until the packet is empty which will probably be another week and just taking the last of the pain med that the hospital gave me. I had the patches taken off my stomach today and each site is fairy sore, which is to be expected. 

That's fair enough about starting the purée stage on the Monday, I can see you logic. I will probably end up doing the same, getting over liquids lol. I haven't been counting calories, not exactly sure how? But I'm probably not getting quite enough water in. Need to make a conscious effort to drink more, just been trying to follow my dietitians plan and don't want to drink too much if that makes sense! Already paranoid about stretching my sleeve out lol, mum mum is a bit of a stress head and is also worrying about how much I'm drinking a day and whether I'm drinking too much lol
Back to top Go down
Legalchik82
Legalchik82

Female

8 days post op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 days post op   8 days post op EmptyWed 28 Aug 2013, 11:51 am

Hi Swift888, hope you're well. I feel great and am totally off meds. How are you going? 

I go back to see my dr Tuesday and I want to ensure I have all my purée questions early. I started on the liquids on the Thursday following my surgery but to be honest it didn't occur to me to wait until that date because my booklet says 1-2 weeks post op so I'm taking it literally cause I need some purée :)

Thanks lindamck I was worried about fitting in all my water but that's so far pretty easy. I'm trying very hard to stick to 400-500 cals during this phase. Are you counting cals. Do you know what purée cals should be?  

I'm still really uneducated about this stuff so I'm trying to get as much info as possible :)
Back to top Go down
Lindamck
Lindamck

Female
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2013-07-12

8 days post op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 days post op   8 days post op EmptyWed 28 Aug 2013, 11:41 am

I started Puree last night, 2 weeks since surgery and had a really mushy moist piece of steamed fish pureed and it went down really well, I guess I ate about 8 teaspoon before I felt pressure which I assume means full.

Today I have had
- 1 pack uncle toby oats
- 1 coffee optifast
- 1 poached egg mashed with a fork
- 1 Chiobani yoghurt
- 1/2 cup fish puree from last night
- 1.5 L of water

I am bloody amazed at how much I have fit in and how easily, I think I will need to increase the exercise to offset all this food!

I had almost every flavor of cup-a-soup and yoghurt on liquids - could not get any more creative than that sorry.

Cheers,
Linda
Back to top Go down
swift788
swift788

Female
Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2013-04-14

8 days post op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 days post op   8 days post op EmptyWed 28 Aug 2013, 11:06 am

Hi legalchick, I had my surgery the same day as you, but I wasn't sure whether to introduce my puree foods on Monday on exactly 2 weeks since ive been sleeved, or on the Wednesday, 2 weeks since I had my first fluids...what day were you first given fluids?
Back to top Go down
enough is enough
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 497
Registration date : 2012-09-16

8 days post op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 days post op   8 days post op EmptyWed 28 Aug 2013, 9:59 am

I enjoyed a kids size boost juice. I found I could only have 1/2 at a time tho.
Back to top Go down
Legalchik82
Legalchik82

Female

8 days post op Empty
PostSubject: 8 days post op   8 days post op EmptyWed 28 Aug 2013, 9:31 am

Hi all

I had my surgery on 19 August and feel awesome, including the fluid phase I have lost 17 kg. I amoving into the purée phase this coming Sunday and am most excited as I'm totally over soup and shakes. Any ideas for the next few days to get me through?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

8 days post op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 days post op   8 days post op Empty

Back to top Go down

8 days post op
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: