Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
foober

Female
Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2011-07-31

Hi from Adelaide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Adelaide   Hi from Adelaide EmptyTue 04 Oct 2011, 1:11 am

Hi and welcome
I havnt been banded but i do have friends that have had it done. How I arrived at my decision to be sleeved was by talking to someone who had been sleeved and one who had been banded. I also used this site and went to information sessions put on by the surgeons.
What i can say is that the person who had the band her lifestyle is more restricted ...i.e . vomiting ,foods she can eat.
This ultimately pushed me towards the sleeve.

Any way good luck
Back to top Go down
spoggy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2479
Registration date : 2010-10-01

Hi from Adelaide Empty
PostSubject: Hello from spoggy   Hi from Adelaide EmptyMon 03 Oct 2011, 12:01 pm

Welcome to the site. It is easier to lose weight with a sleeve and is less restirictive in general than a band. Do a lot of reading and you will be able to make the decision. I have not looked back since I had the sleeve. The band is not the be all and end all and neither is the sleeve, but is turning out to be more successful.

Once you are armed with the information, and you have made your decision, go for it!
Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture
Jaime

Female
Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2010-08-24

Hi from Adelaide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Adelaide   Hi from Adelaide EmptySat 01 Oct 2011, 11:07 am

Hi Sharon, welcome to GSS :)

I guess I would suggest talking to a surgeon about it all. There are plenty of people on here that have gone from band to sleeve, so I'm sure someone will come along with some good advice for you.
Back to top Go down
chocchook
chocchook

Female
Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2011-09-23

Hi from Adelaide Empty
PostSubject: Hi from Adelaide   Hi from Adelaide EmptySat 01 Oct 2011, 9:06 am

Hi I'm Sharon just thought I would pop in and introduce myself. I had a lapband 16months ago and have not lost weight. Well I have lost 8kg thats all. I dont have many problems with my band but I would kill to have an apple or a sandwich. I have been thinking about a sleeve but Im scared to death of not loosing any weight with a sleeve. I dont eat large amounts of food now so I do wonder how a sleeve would work for me. I have not told my hubby what I am thinking of I think he will think im carzy for considering this.

Cheers Sharon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi from Adelaide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Adelaide   Hi from Adelaide Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi from Adelaide
Page 1 of 1