Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Taffiboo

Female
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2013-08-07

Hi from Adelaide :) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Adelaide :)   Hi from Adelaide :) EmptyFri 09 Aug 2013, 10:43 am

Hi Bluebags, thank you for the welcome :)

Yeah growing up was a bit of a pain, and I still experience judgements about what I eat as I'm sure many others here have and do. Honestly, because I have one chocolate bar in my trolley I get 'tsk tsk'd' by others much skinnier who have lots of 'junk foods' that you couldn't pay me to eat lol. Ahh well, I can't control what others think about me!

Just waiting around to see if my early release of super application is approved now, only submitted the other day so will be another week or so to wait :)
Back to top Go down
bluebags
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2204
Registration date : 2013-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Adelaide :)   Hi from Adelaide :) EmptyThu 08 Aug 2013, 2:22 pm

Taffiboo welcome and all the very best with your operation.  It must have been very hard for you growing up I'm sure many made wrong judgments of you and your eating I'm glad someone did find a reason but its a pity not more is known.  I congratulate you on your determination not to lose tons of weight but to work towards a better health outcome.  I am sure you will succeed with that kind of attitude.  I'm sure the coming year will see you find success.
Back to top Go down
Taffiboo

Female
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2013-08-07

PostSubject: Hi from Adelaide :)   Hi from Adelaide :) EmptyWed 07 Aug 2013, 4:10 pm

Hope I am doing this right with the introductions!!

I'm a 28 year old (soon to be 29 eek!) in Adelaide, getting sleeved on October 15th pending if early release of Superannuation is approved of which my surgeon assures me will be lol!

My highest (documented) weight was 197 kgs (I forget how many grams) and I have been overweight literally since birth, my weight was always something Dr's could never figure out. They used to tell my mum to feed me less milk as a baby, but the weight kept piling on! 

One Dr back in my early 20's diagnosed me with a glucose disorder thing- problem is that most Dr's don't know anything about it and the internet has so far come up short. It is supposed to be related to my thyroid, of which tests always came back as normal up until last year when it was boarderline low so I was placed on thyroxine replacement which I know has helped greatly not so much for weight but in other areas like energy levels :)

Getting sleeved is basically my last ditch effort when everything else has failed me for the long term. I know that this is the tool I need and feel like I'm probably more ready for it now than I have ever been... mainly because my mindset isn't that I want to be 'skinny' like I wanted to be in my early 20's, now I just want to feel a lot healthier. 

I don't really have any health issues relating to my weight (very fortunate!!), but I know it would only be a matter of time, especially when my own dad had his first heart attack 2 months before he turned 40 and has had many since then! I figure it's best to get on top of it BEFORE anything starts to crop up!!

So as of a few weeks ago when I jumped on the scales (I don't have any of my own just yet) I was 189kgs :D 

I lost this small amount of weight by replacing my breakfast with Optifast (as per surgeon's advice) which works really well for me as I haven't been able to eat food in the morning without getting ill since I was a teenager. 
In addition I've started going to the gym at my physiotherapists 3 times a week- I personally find this works well for me as everyone there is lovely and there's no one yelling at me to do what they think I should do. Personally I find that I actually push myself harder and achieve more this way then when using a 'proper' gym or personal trainer... it's all about finding what works for you and sticking to it in my opinion :)

There's probably so much more I could write as I'm generally quite the rambler, so I'll leave it at this. Thanks :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Adelaide :)   Hi from Adelaide :) Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi from Adelaide :)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: