AuthorMessage
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male
Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2010-08-04

How much Two weeks in? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How much Two weeks in?   How much Two weeks in? EmptyTue 15 Nov 2011, 12:09 am

Defend your mum all you like.. but she asked and we gave our honest opinion from having been in the situation ourselves it's not like we had zero idea of how you'd be feeling post op.

Granted everyone has different experience's post sleeve from dreadful stories of pain and sickness to people with dream runs who are back at work a week later feeling like they've had nothing done at all.

It's all about just doing what's comfortable for you.. don't push yourself over the edge is all I'm saying because this is for life not a 6 month quick fixer.

Great work on the weight lost so far btw :)

Back to top Go down
molliejo

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-09-02

PostSubject: Re: How much Two weeks in?   How much Two weeks in? EmptySun 13 Nov 2011, 7:32 am

This is the infamous Mollie.
Yes as my ma said, at the beginning I wanted to shoot her for what she said, but Im so glad that she did push me.
Im now nearly 3 months post op and have lost 22 kilos
and I know that without her there giving me a little shove, I wouldnt have lost anything close to that amount.

Ive done alot of reading on this operation and the steps to take after and though I probably was pushing myself too hard, and at times my ma might have pushed me too hard, the walking and the pushing has paid off and was completely the right thing to do..

So maybe back off my ma a little. She was doing what she thought was best and though at times as I have discussed with her, it was a little too much, it has been so worth it.
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male

PostSubject: Re: How much Two weeks in?   How much Two weeks in? EmptyThu 03 Nov 2011, 1:59 am

Oh and P.S

In response to your 2 questions at the end..

A big Yes on both accounts.

Back to top Go down
crisalida
crisalida

Female
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2011-10-21

PostSubject: Re: How much Two weeks in?   How much Two weeks in? EmptyThu 03 Nov 2011, 1:48 am

I completely agree with J.

I am 3 weeks post op and still feeling off, but slowly I have been able to do more and more. As she starts seeing herself do well and lose weight I think your daughter will be happy to choose to exercise herself rather than have some one telling her what to do. Right now though, she is most likely still in pain (I certainly was), not to mention you aren't supposed to do strenuous exercise for a month after surgery. She is walking up hills? doing 30 to 40 mins each time? God let her recover from surgery lol.

I would not be happy if I was Mollie either.
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male

PostSubject: Re: How much Two weeks in?   How much Two weeks in? EmptyThu 03 Nov 2011, 1:34 am

2 weeks out and you're making her do 30-40min walks..

If I was Mollie I'd be telling you to Back the f*ck off just quietly. It's obvious you want to help but sheesh don't push her so hard or you'll only make her give up all together if she ends up in pain or sore all the time.

I found that my want to be more active and exercise got allot stronger as I started to see the weight come off on the scales. I didn't do anything for 6-8 weeks but general day to day walking and with going back to work after 2 weeks off I was knackered.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much Two weeks in?   How much Two weeks in? EmptyFri 09 Sep 2011, 2:11 am

Honestly? I would back off a little, your daughter is an adult and knows what she is capable of.

It's great you're so interested, but, you need to let her be for a bit.

She will do what she is capable of and what she wants to do. I don't think she needs to feel added pressure from you.

You should be there to listen and support, not to 'make' her do anything.
Back to top Go down
NutMeg
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 769
Registration date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Re: How much Two weeks in?   How much Two weeks in? EmptyFri 09 Sep 2011, 2:02 am

Hi Paula :)

If she isn't in ANY sort of pain, and can get through the walks then I can't see why she can't. If she is finding the length at all difficult, just cut the time in half and slowly increase from there.

And you are most definitely NOT the mother from hell. You only want what is best for your daughter and exercise is NOT a bad thing at all. It'll help with toning, make the weight come off easier and it is SO SO SO good for the body and mind and her well-being.

Good luck to Mollie!
Back to top Go down
Mollies Ma

Female
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2011-08-31

PostSubject: How much Two weeks in?   How much Two weeks in? EmptyThu 08 Sep 2011, 12:52 am

Mollie is now 11 days in and since she has been home I have been making her walk How much Two weeks in? 369315 she does two walks a day and they are roughly 30 - 40 mins each.

This morning I passed her in the car and she seemed to be really struggling up a hill (its a big hill) I asked her about it when she got back and she said she did find it really hard and that she was tired and a bit sore today. I asked her about her exercise in general and she said she was doing two walks a day and that the recommended time was just 10 mins - to be honest I think she has got the serious shits with me now because I told her "hmm thats not bad" (about the walks she is doing) and she did the roll the eyes and the "teenage monster face" thing!

I just want her to get the best out of herself... am I expecting too much too soon? Am I the mother from hell? lol How much Two weeks in? 314562
She is back at Dr Taylors on Monday so I suppose we can ask him...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much Two weeks in?   How much Two weeks in? Empty

Back to top Go down

How much Two weeks in?
Page 1 of 1