AuthorMessage
Shazbotzski
Part of the furniture
Shazbotzski

Female
Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Liquid Phase and sooooo THIRSTY..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Liquid Phase and sooooo THIRSTY.....   Liquid Phase and sooooo THIRSTY..... EmptySat 13 Aug 2011, 11:24 pm

I ended up in hospital on a drip from dehydration, and my dietician instructed me to drink gatorade, and milk with milo. This helped me alot.
Back to top Go down
Jasbean
Jasbean

Female
Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2011-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Liquid Phase and sooooo THIRSTY.....   Liquid Phase and sooooo THIRSTY..... EmptySat 13 Aug 2011, 10:33 pm

Just wanted to quickly update on this, incase anyone ever suffers from the same.

Yesterday I bought a 600ml gatorade/powerade and because I'm almost 2 weeks out now. I was able to drink the whole lot....it took me a while but I did it!! And even though my mouth is still a little dry, it is no where near as bad. I didnt think I was dehydrated as I was going to the loo regularly, but obviously I needed the electrolytes. I will buy some more today and just continue with that for a while I think......
Back to top Go down
Jasbean
Jasbean

Female

PostSubject: Re: Liquid Phase and sooooo THIRSTY.....   Liquid Phase and sooooo THIRSTY..... EmptyThu 11 Aug 2011, 1:22 pm

Thanks guys for the replies!

I think you've all confirmed for me exactly what Rozzie said and that is we all have different experiences and for me a part of my experience is cotton mouth and I'll just have to suck it up! Literally.....LOL

I'm able to drink alot more today and that has seemed to improve things a little.
Back to top Go down
RozzieT
RozzieT

Female
Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2011-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Liquid Phase and sooooo THIRSTY.....   Liquid Phase and sooooo THIRSTY..... EmptyWed 10 Aug 2011, 12:51 am

I'm two weeks into my sleeve today, and I've found it to be completely opposite! I just haven't felt like drinking anything, and for the first week found it really difficult to get the reuired amount of fluids in. I even ended up with the dehydrated "yellow tongue"! (very attractive - NOT!)

This week I'm doing a bit better and getting more fluids down - got my surgeon review on Friday to see if I'm ready to graduate to mushies. Getting a bit tired of the sip-sip-sip all day so I'm welcoming the chance to take in something a little more solid!

I think everyone has a different experience. As long as you are getting fluids in, and you're not making your new tiny tummy uncomfortable then just keep at it.
Back to top Go down
janelou29
Part of the furniture
janelou29

Female
Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Liquid Phase and sooooo THIRSTY.....   Liquid Phase and sooooo THIRSTY..... EmptyTue 09 Aug 2011, 11:20 pm

Hi Jasbean,

i was sleeved nearly 12 months ago, and I remember the same, but it was the tube in my throat and the fentanyl (painkiller via the IV) that made my mouth feel so dry, my voice was SO hoarse, took 2 weeks to settle down, if you are weeing a lot, and your wee is clear, it's more than likely a dry throat from intubation (tube in your throat)

Give it another week, I know it is uncomfortable, but it will pass!

Janelou x
Back to top Go down
Shrinkingpeach

Female
Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2011-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Liquid Phase and sooooo THIRSTY.....   Liquid Phase and sooooo THIRSTY..... EmptyTue 09 Aug 2011, 1:41 pm

I was thirsty a lot but that was because I wasnt drinking enough. I found hydrolite ice blocks from the chemist helped.
Back to top Go down
Jasbean
Jasbean

Female

PostSubject: Re: Liquid Phase and sooooo THIRSTY.....   Liquid Phase and sooooo THIRSTY..... EmptyTue 09 Aug 2011, 12:55 pm

Oh I meant to add that I am not dehydrated either as going to the loo regularly....Liquid Phase and sooooo THIRSTY..... 64827
Back to top Go down
Jasbean
Jasbean

Female

PostSubject: Liquid Phase and sooooo THIRSTY.....   Liquid Phase and sooooo THIRSTY..... EmptyTue 09 Aug 2011, 12:54 pm

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if it is normal to be EXTREMELY thirsty during the liquid phase. I was sleeved last Wednesday and have been home from hospital since Saturday, and ever since leaving the hospital I have not been able to drink enough fluids, and they have to be ICY ICY ICY fluids.

I am not diabetic and am only able to fit one protein shake (icy half frozen one) per day, as I'm spending the rest of my time filling up on icy water or ice.

Other then being incredibly thirsty, everything else seems to be normal.

Thanks in advance....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Liquid Phase and sooooo THIRSTY.....   Liquid Phase and sooooo THIRSTY..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Liquid Phase and sooooo THIRSTY.....
Page 1 of 1