Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jesse James

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-10-02

Liquid Phase - How much liquid at once Empty
PostSubject: Re: Liquid Phase - How much liquid at once   Liquid Phase - How much liquid at once EmptyTue 09 Oct 2012, 10:16 am

Thanks Tracey :)

I halved the shake and had half over a 30 min period. Waited another hour or so and had the other over another half hour or so. Am going to try some Heinz soup tonight, will try about the same amount over the same period.
Back to top Go down
Tracey_379
Part of the furniture
Tracey_379

Female
Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2012-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Liquid Phase - How much liquid at once   Liquid Phase - How much liquid at once EmptyTue 09 Oct 2012, 7:11 am

Hi Jesse

You should get advice from your surgeon and or dieticican but at first half an optifast shake should take between half hour to an hour. Take small constant sips. I found a full shake was too much at first. For extra protein can have shakes with skim milk. Also I was advise at first to aim for 1000mls per day slowly working up. Again constantly sipping will help to build mls per day. Good luck this was just my experience, you should really get professional advice. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Jesse James

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-10-02

PostSubject: Liquid Phase - How much liquid at once   Liquid Phase - How much liquid at once EmptyTue 09 Oct 2012, 6:07 am

Hi Everyone,

I am now 7 days post op, got out of hospital 2 days after surgery. I have been on the clear liquid diet until today, rang my surgeons rooms and he had made the mistake on my discharge and I should have been on teh free liquid phrase. But it hasn't really bothered me.

Have had a really good run so far, haven't needed any pain relief in hospital or out.

I have the types of things that I can have from pages of information that my dietician gave me, but they don't really say, how much liquid and how long it should take to drink it. Eg An optifast shake is approx 250ml and would be used at a meal time, but how long should it take to drink it? Should I only have half of it over a 20-30 minute period? Just don't want to overdo things.

Also trying to get to the 1500ml to 2000ml mark seems so hard to mananage, if anyone can give me advise on how they managed at the liquid stage, and how they set out they meal plans, I'd would really appreciated.

Admin, sorry if I have put this question in the wrong spot, quite new to the forum world,

Many Thanks :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Liquid Phase - How much liquid at once   Liquid Phase - How much liquid at once Empty

Back to top Go down

Liquid Phase - How much liquid at once
Page 1 of 1