Top Poster
Top Poster
WondaWendy

Female
Number of posts : 1258
Registration date : 2014-04-08

Liquid phase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Liquid phase   Liquid phase EmptyMon 04 May 2015, 12:50 pm

Oh goodness. I remember having some pureed baked beans in the puree stage and that was even tough going.  I don't think having it in liquid phase is a great idea.  My dietitian put his hands flat together and told me that our stomachs basically have NO space and that anything that goes in has to be able to trickle through so the thinner the liquid the better.

Take care,
Back to top Go down
Nini
Part of the furniture
Nini

Female
Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2013-01-20

Liquid phase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Liquid phase   Liquid phase EmptyMon 04 May 2015, 9:20 am

First Stage :True clear liquids are those you can see through and have no sediment floating in it e.g apple juice and broth, stock. This phase is usually for the first few days after gastric surgery, depending on the surgeon.

Second Stage: Free fluids are anything with a liquid consistency with no lumps like milk based drinks, cream soups, protein shakes etc. 

Third Stage: Baked beans would be included in the puree stage, no matter how much you mush them up they are still a solid consistency and have a lot of fibre which is difficult for the stomach to digest. Most eating plans would not be including this type of food at only 5 days out.

Fourth Stage: Soft foods are those that you can mush up with a fork.

I would definitely check with your nutritionist/surgeon first.

cheers Nini
Back to top Go down
MissyMagic

Female
Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2015-04-18

Liquid phase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Liquid phase   Liquid phase EmptyMon 04 May 2015, 8:48 am

Go slow, I wouldn't suggest anything blended until approved by your surgeon. Yes it all matters moving from liquid to blended and blended to softer then normal food takes adjustment and it's tough going on your tummy. I'm five weeks out and noticed the difference as I moved through. It's only a few weeks and it's worth giving your tummy time to heal after major surgery. It's a frustrating fe weeks but so worth the go slow :)
Back to top Go down
Bellaballerina33
Part of the furniture
Bellaballerina33

Female
Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2014-10-13

Liquid phase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Liquid phase   Liquid phase EmptyMon 04 May 2015, 5:32 am

Hi LAID,

I'm not sure about the ins and outs of the optI and baked beans blended, bit I would be following your surgeons instructions to the letter. Especially at 5 days post op you need to be very careful to make sure that you are allowing your stomach to heal before putting something in it that is too dense. Don't worry about trying to push it, you will eventually get to eat 'normally' again.

If in any doubt, call your surgeon or dietician.
Back to top Go down
LAID

Male
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2015-03-04

Liquid phase Empty
PostSubject: Liquid phase   Liquid phase EmptyMon 04 May 2015, 5:21 am

hi, I'm 5 days post op. Feeling great so far.
Just wondering they said I can have optifast in the clear liquids stage. Would this be too thick? 
If you can have optifast couldn't you have baked beans that have been thru the blender?
Sorry if this is a silly question.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Liquid phase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Liquid phase   Liquid phase Empty

Back to top Go down

Liquid phase
Page 1 of 1